Planned changes to auto-mill functionality

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Hi Guys!

As promised, soon we’re planning to make some changes to the way auto-milling works in the game. Our current plan is to split the milling option into 3 categories:

Premium focused
Keep extra copies of cards (above deck limit) in order to transmute them into premium versions. Recommended for those who want to extend their premium collection.

Standard (Recommended)
This setting enables you to mill all copies which exceed deck limit - premium, as well as standard versions, will be milled separately. Recommended for those looking for a balance between obtaining resources and extending their premium collection.

Resource focused
This setting enables you to mill all extra copies above deck limit with a preference to keep premium versions of cards. Recommended for those looking to quickly obtain resources in order to craft more new cards.
Here is how this will look in-game:
image (1).png

Hope this change will improve your milling experience! Let us know what you think!

It's good to see that CDPR are finally addressing the mess that they created so unnecessarily. I hope they learned something from it. In particular, I hope they learned -
  1. In future, to consider the implications of changes they are thinking of making before rushing headlong into them, and to take a moment to think if there are better potential solutions, especially ones which leave control in the players' hands wherever possible.
  2. To not destroy things belonging to the player without consent, especially where money may have been used to purchase them.
  3. To test this new system thoroughly before releasing it this time.
Also, either make the milling option selection dialogue box pop up the first time the player launches the game after the change goes live, or alternatively, at least default it to the least destructive milling option for all players initially.

This proposed new system isn't as flexible as I would have liked, but it should at least meet most players' needs.

Sorry if this sounds harsh and ungrateful, but this mess really was so avoidable and has been badly managed throughout.

It is good that they update that situation. :beer:

At the same time I do not understand why they always take the longest and most uncomfortable route. It was as simple as leaving only one usable copy of each card and handling the premium versions as separate items, so those who wanted to see all the versions could do so as a collection and left a clear path open for the monetization of alternative card designs .
As they are different items, there would be no chance of losing them because Slama decided again to "delete parts of the code that we do not remember what they are for."

Personally I am concerned that when they implement this new version my collection may be compromised again and after losing something I would get a midlefinger as an answer ... again.

Lexor

Forum veteran
I hope I will be able to set mill mode option BEFORE first mill.

I do not want to "accidentally" lose all my spare cards (which I have to transmute them to premium versions) just because CDPR set "standard mill mode" as default one.

It'll solve all the players want in different perspective.

For new players who lack of resources and want to craft more card -- they can choose Resource focused
while experienced players may want to choose Standard
and Premium player can choose Premium focused

The corner case maybe "I want CDPR disable the auto mill functionality" - -' which maybe not the case?

The only question is when this patch will be released? it will safe players time at least 1 hour / week for the manual mill process. XD

That's a great change indeed. Thank you! I hated spending a lot of time milling extra cards manually when I was in what now will be called 'Resource Oriented' mode.

Please elaborate, especially "Standart mode".
As I understand "Resource focus" will mill every copy exeeding one for gold and two for bronce with preference of keeping premium over standart (decklimit).
"Premium focus" is the current version. keeping 1 premium + 1 standart copy of every gold 2 for bronce, with the ultimate goal of having a full premium and a full standart collection (doubble decklimit).
So....what is standart and what is it needed for. As I understand those two options would cover every need but please I wanna know.... (Standart and premium will be milled separately? isn't that exactly whar "premium focus" should do?

and PLEASE :
Also, either make the milling option selection dialogue box pop up the first time the player launches the game after the change goes live, or alternatively, at least default it to the least destructive milling option for all players initially.

So....what is standart and what is it needed for. As I understand those two options would cover every need but please I wanna know.... (Standart and premium will be milled separately? isn't that exactly whar "premium focus" should do?

and PLEASE :
Standard will mill everything above 2 bronzes and 1 Gold (for example you keep 2 Standart bronzes and 2 Premium Bonzes and the rest gets milled) resource focus mills standart Cards if you already have the premium Version of those cards. (example you own 2 standart copies of a bronze card and 2 premium copies of that card. The 2 standart copies get milled)

rrc

Forum veteran
This is actually fantastic! These options will cater to everyone based on their preference. But I am actually pretty worried/scared about the bugs this may bring. I hope our cards are not milled wrongly/accidentally. If it works bug free, this is the best thing CDPR could do for all the auto-mill issues they created.

Definitely a much needed change.

The wording is a bit awkward though, what i understood was:

Premium focused: mills above 4 bronze, 2 gold and no premiums

Standard: mills above 2 bronze, 1 gold and no premiums

Resource-focused: mills above 2 bronze, 1 gold, including premiums but there's some kind of setting to not mill premiums (which just turns it into standard mode (?))

Maybe they can make the wording a bit more comprehensive

There are two main types of players:
A) the ones who plan to get full collection of cards (normal and premium versions),
B) the ones who care only about premium versions.

Player type A will select "premium focused", player type B will select "resource focused".

Undecided players should select "premium focused".

Who needs the current "standard mode" setting? Wouldn't be better to get "turn off automill" option instead?

Standard is the half-way mark between premium focus and resource focus. It'll keep up to 2 bronze / 1 gold for both standard and premium versions, but it won't keep extra standard copies to transmute. Premium focus keeps those extra standard copies for you to transmute. Resource focus doesn't keep any copies beyond the bare minimum 2 bronze / 1 gold with a preference towards keeping the premium cards.

For example, if you've currently got 3 standard copies and 1 premium copy of a bronze card then: premium focus would mill nothing, standard would mill 1 standard card, resource focus would mill 2 standard cards.

Last edited:
Not sure why this would need more clarification.

Premium focused
Current Auto-mill System keeps 4 Bronze or 2 Gold Standard Cards if you don't have the Premium Version of it, to transmute them later.

Standard (Recommended)
Old manual Mill Button system keeps 2 Standard and 2 Premium Bronze Cards. 1 Standard Gold Card and 1 Premium Gold Card and mills everything above that.

Resource focused
This will only keep as much Cards as you are able to use in a Deck with the Focus on Premiums.

For example I have a complete Collection of Standard and Premium Cards, if I would activate this option it would completely mill all of my standard Cards and it would keep only the Premiums.

Another example you own 3 Standard Copies of a bronze Card and 1 premium Copy of a bronze Card, in this case it will mill 2 of the standard copies and leaves you with 1 standard copy and 1 premium copy, because you are only able to use 2 copies of a bronze Card in a Deck.

Top Bottom