Planned Patch Release Schedule? [No Spoilers Please]

+
I've decided to wait to play the game until most of the immersion-breaking bugs are fixed: bugged quests, floating weapons / cigarettes / etc., broken player-character animations, missing sound effects and dialogue, V having two different dialogues playing at once, NPCs t-posing / floating / teleporting / not having facial animations / etc., randomly invisible hair / clothing in mirrors or during cutscenes, menu / UI issues, and more.

Does anyone know if CDPR has a schedule for dates and times of upcoming patches and what they will fix? Will the patches within the next 12-24 fix most of these issues? Or will I need to wait weeks or even months to have a relatively bug-free experience? When does CDPR expect it all to be fixed?

Right now it seems like even the release of the game is another delay before the release of the true experience.

There are some official infos regarding updates to be found on this twitter account:

Quote: “Consoles preload includes Day 0 update and game unlocks at midnight without additional downloads. On PC, at 1AM CET on GOG players will have to download a couple hundreds of mb, Steam/Epic is around 2-3 gigs.

Boxed copies (retail): On PC and Xbox it will download 2 in 1 - game & patch. Around 60gigs on PC and 70/75 on X1 PlayStation: game and patch will download separately (around 110 gigs in total). “

Keep in mind that with games as big and complex as Cyberpunk or Witcher 3 there are often still a few issues during the first days of launch. But let‘s hope for the best :)

Keep in mind that with games as big and complex as Cyberpunk or Witcher 3 there are often still a few issues during the first days of launch. But let‘s hope for the best :)

I guess what I'm really hoping for is an announcement from CDPR like "Hey, 90+% of launch bugs are now fixed", hopefully as soon as is reasonable. But in the absence of that I'll probably wait 2+ weeks just to make sure, which is a pain, but likely worth it if it means guaranteeing a significantly better experience.

Would also be really be nice to have more updates like "These are the issues we expect the day 1 patch to fix, and these are the issues that we will likely get patched within the next week or so, and these are other issues we are aware of that may take longer to fix, but we'll keep you updated at [insert account]"

The best way to judge future behaviour is past behaviour, so let's see what patches were released for The Witcher III.

Launch patches - 1.01-1.03
1 week wait until - 1.04 (extensive bug fixing)
2 weeks wait until - 1.0.5 (extensive bug fixing)
2 weeks wait until - 1.0.6 (small patch)
1 month wait until - 1.07 (lots of quest-type fixes)
1 month wait until - 1.08 (rarer quest bugs)
2 months wait until - 1.10 (DLC prep and more quest bugs)

The good news is that CDPR has a fine record of patching faster and more often than most.
The bad news is that if you want a largely 'bug-free' experience, come back in May 2021.
Or if you want to see the worst of the bugs squashed, wait until the first patch of 2021 before playing.
Or enjoy the game now, but play carefully keeping a complete manual save history and watch the forums for game-breakers.

And describing the percentage of bugs 'fixed' doesn't work so well.

The popular developer rhyme applies:

"99 little bugs in the code.
99 bugs in the code.
Take one down, patch it around,
127 little bugs in the code..."

The best way to judge future behaviour is past behaviour, so let's see what patches were released for The Witcher III.

Launch patches - 1.01-1.03
1 week wait until - 1.04 (extensive bug fixing)
2 weeks wait until - 1.0.5 (extensive bug fixing)
2 weeks wait until - 1.0.6 (small patch)
1 month wait until - 1.07 (lots of quest-type fixes)
1 month wait until - 1.08 (rarer quest bugs)
2 months wait until - 1.10 (DLC prep and more quest bugs)

Thanks for the info! Guess I'll definitely be giving it at least a few weeks then :/

Top Bottom