Planning on making a giveaway, possibly at the end of this month...

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning on making a giveaway, possibly at the end of this month...

... about x10 copies of the GOTY edition from GOG.

I need to know where the best place to make a giveaway thread would be, possibly reddit but there are a few subreddits dedicated to giveaways. I was hoping anyone here has done something similar and could give a few tips on where and how to set this up. I'm a bit busy being back at school but things are going wonderfully for me that I haven't had the time to come back to this, but I have free time now and would like to get this done soon.

I may also delay a bit... hoping for a sale since that USD->CAD is uncomfortable at $70/copy, but I've saved up extra money on the side to do this and a sale would mean I can give out another copy or two since my cap is $700.

Mods, feel free to move the thread since I'm not sure what subforum would be appropriate for this.

You can do it here on the forum.

I would assume most people have the base and possibly the expansions if they're already in this forum; I could be wrong. I was thinking it would get more traction on reddit to get some newcomers to the Witcher series but I can do it here too if a few more people suggest it.

I would assume most people have the base and possibly the expansions if they're already in this forum

I'm not sure about reddit, but those who visit it already can have the game the same way as those who use this forum. If you want to reach out to those who potentially aren't familiar with the game yet, don't use Witcher themed sites at all. Do it on some other RPG oriented sites or gaming forums.

---------- Updated at 02:46 PM ----------

Examples:

https://forums.obsidian.net
https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com
https://www.othersideentertainment.com/forum/

And etc.

Last edited:
I would assume most people have the base and possibly the expansions if they're already in this forum; I could be wrong. I was thinking it would get more traction on reddit to get some newcomers to the Witcher series but I can do it here too if a few more people suggest it.

Ahem, ahem! No, not everyone has the expansions... xD

I would recommend RPG Net, RPG Codex, Fextralife and/or the Vroom Social Network for places where you might find people who are interested but have not played the game yet.

Place on this forum only (my opinion)

Ahem, ahem! No, not everyone has the expansions... xD

I would recommend RPG Net, RPG Codex, Fextralife and/or the Vroom Social Network for places where you might find people who are interested but have not played the game yet.

I agree about the expansions of the not having them. I don't go to other sites, unless I have to do a wide range search of something about the game. But seeing as how I have had the complete game on my XBox One, since main game & all DLC (since first release), my searching days are pretty much over. So maybe listing the giveaway on here with links to here on the other sites.

Look at it as a bringing in newbies to this forum. I'm sure there are tons of people that don't know this place.

Hopefully I can win a copy. Hard to get it when one is in college and no job with the suck-ass American economy.

Why are you spending £4-500 on Witcher 3 Giveaways?

Maybe because he wants to give back the joy he received from the game by giving the gift of TW3 to others. But in PC form.

I know if I had the money, I would gift this game to others. Look at it this way: do you give out Birthday/Anniversary/Christmas (or other type of holiday) gifts? Maybe this is a form of that.

BadWolf

Maybe because he wants to give back the joy he received from the game by giving the gift of TW3 to others. But in PC form.

I know if I had the money, I would gift this game to others. Look at it this way: do you give out Birthday/Anniversary/Christmas (or other type of holiday) gifts? Maybe this is a form of that.

BadWolf

I have the money for a few Witcher 3 giveaways. But i just don't understand why anyone would go out of pocket for something like this. I mean if he wants to that's great generosity and kindness. Atleast he isn't a youtuber or streamer, they only giveaway to get subs :>

I have the money for a few Witcher 3 giveaways. But i just don't understand why anyone would go out of pocket for something like this. I mean if he wants to that's great generosity and kindness. At least he isn't a YouTuber or streamer, they only giveaway to get subs :>

You and I agree that this is a kindness/generosity. And I agree with the YouTube comment, that's almost like one whoring themselves out for subs (No offense meant to the lovely strumpets in The Witcher Games). If he were to promote it there, I or anyone else on here for that matter, would never be able to touch it with all the response. Which is why I'm leaning towards him promoting it on here with links from other sites to here.

I'm also sure that, besides me, that there would be at least 9 others that have it on console, but would like the GOTY Edition for their PC.

I'm also sure that, besides me, that there would be at least 9 others that have it on console, but would like the GOTY Edition for their PC.

I've got the full game anyway. I don't need GOTY edition. But if i did win it in the giveaway, would it be immoral to sell the key :>

I've got the full game anyway. I don't need GOTY edition. But if i did win it in the giveaway, would it be immoral to sell the key :>

Yes, to be fair renounce the code and let another have it, or give it away yourself. That's how I look at it. I'm sure others won't think the same way as me, but that would be the right way to go.

Why are you spending £4-500 on Witcher 3 Giveaways?
1) I had something to do all summer.
2) I learned how to play with my feet.

3) Hope more people know about this game since they don't know about the series.
4) Turned out to be a great physio exercise for me, I'll elaborate on this later.
5) I kind of want to throw money at CDPR for the fun I had while recovering. $60 game, 500 hours... definitely worth it for me.

Which is why I'm leaning towards him promoting it on here with links from other sites to here.
Thanks for the input. Thinking to split it up, 5 giveaways on reddit to draw attention to the forums, 5 giveaways here or something along those lines.

I've got a few things to take care of but I'll return to this at the end of the week and make an update.

1) I had something to do all summer.
2) I learned how to play with my feet.

3) Hope more people know about this game since they don't know about the series.
4) Turned out to be a great physio exercise for me, I'll elaborate on this later.
5) I kind of want to throw money at CDPR for the fun I had while recovering. $60 game, 500 hours... definitely worth it for me.

Thanks for the input. Thinking to split it up, 5 giveaways on reddit to draw attention to the forums, 5 giveaways here or something along those lines.

I've got a few things to take care of but I'll return to this at the end of the week and make an update.

Sounds good to me. Just let me know how many rings of fire I have to jump, ride, walk, run, swim though to be at least one of the finalists. Lol

But seriously, hope it goes well and you bring new people to the game and universe we enjoy

BadWolf

5 copies of GOTY will be given out here, 5 on one of the /r/gaming subreddits, from GOG not Steam. Account on reddit must be at least 2 months old, account on this forum, a month old. Will be picked at random most likely. Giveaway will be 48 hours long and then I'll pick/announce the winners.

Will start possibly Friday or Saturday. I have various appointments this week and will be back Thursday to make one last update before it starts.

Sorry for making this seem like a soon™ thing, did not realize how busy I'd be.

I find it quite funny that "soon" is copyrighted. I wonder if CDPR will consider doing just that.

Thanks for the update. It was actually quicker than a soon update.

5 copies of GOTY will be given out here, 5 on one of the /r/gaming subreddits, from GOG not Steam. Account on reddit must be at least 2 months old, account on this forum, a month old. Will be picked at random most likely. Giveaway will be 48 hours long and then I'll pick/announce the winners.

I meant to ask this a while ago, and your post reminded me. Are these going to be actual physical copies of the game, or are you just going to find a way to give out a paid for code to someone that already has an account? I know you mentioned GOG and not Steam, are you referring that these will be codes for use on GOG, at least that is what I am assuming correctly?

I know you have probably already have this figured out, and I'm just jumping the gun before you post the full details. So, I'm sorry about that, this is how my mind works when it's always going a million miles a minuet. Which is why I have to have a prescription for pills to sleep. LOL

How we would be able to win those copies? should we apply somewhere with posts like "pick me, pick me"? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom