Platform Discussion Thread

+

Which API do you think CP 2077 will use?

• Total voters
Finally managed to get Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT. Major performance boost for TW3 on max settings (2560x1440). Linux 5.13, latest Mesa-main.

Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT:

~80 fps
in the wild

Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT:

~150 fps
in the wild

Post automatically merged:

For CP2077 the improvements seems smiliar percentage wise for max settings (ray tracing off), though overall it's still below 60 fps on max. May be some of those settings are simply too extreme.

Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT:

~27 fps
in the beginning game bar.

Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT:

~52 fps
in the beginning game bar.

Last edited:
Looks like "Screen space reflections quality" setting affects performance of CP2077 a lot. Lowering it from "Pyscho" to "Ultra" bumped framerate from 50+ to something like 70+ fps.

Hello, I need some help with an area on Xbox One X where things aren't rendering and it's been persistent throughout multiple patches.

Interestingly, with this beast of the GPU, ubersampling option actually becomes viable in TW2 and when it's enabled framerate is still quite good (it reduces framerate practically in half):

It really improves visuals in the game:

Ubersampling on (Wine+dxvk):

Very cool to see AMD working with Valve on tuning Linux kernel for better performance for AMD CPUs especially driven by gaming needs. Looks like Valve are putting a lot of weight behind Steam Deck.

Very interesting read from developers working on dxil-spriv and vkd3d-proton (i.e. translating D3D12 into Vulkan):

I think this part refers to Cyberpunk 2077, lol

Another “nice” side effect of using mutable was that some GPU hangs went away. If the game used the wrong descriptor type, it seemed to at least not read a descriptor that pointed to already freed memory, but rather just a descriptor of wrong type. Somehow, this helped certain games to run around the time the extension was released. It is deeply disturbing that games can ship in this state. :\

Ray tracing started working in Cyberpunk 2077 on Linux wtih latest Mesa main and vkd3d-proton without crashing the game! Performance is completely tanked though with ray tracing enabled 😆, but I wouldn't expect much from this generation of RDNA2 anyway.

Also, looks like some graphics might be not fully correct when ray tracing is enabled.

Set up: Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT, 2560x1440.

No RT:

RT (all options enabled, lighting setting on ultra):

I'm using the GOG version for CP2077 using Wine-staging with vkd3d-proton. It works fine.

Let me know if you need some tips on how to set it up.
Where would i even start? Wine-install GOG under linux? What's the basic rundown of what needs to be done?
* sudo apt-get install proton?
* wine gog-installer.exe?
* wine gog -> install 2077?
* proton -> 2077 main executable?

Top Bottom