Play as Geralt of Rivia in SOULCALIBUR VI!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED
Play as Geralt of Rivia in SOULCALIBUR VI!

Together with BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe, we are excited to announce that Geralt of Rivia will be joining the playable characters roster of SOULCALIBUR VI!

When you choose to fight as Geralt, you will utilize the witcher’s signature fighting style, well-known from The Witcher 3, combining swordplay, ability-enhancing potions and witcher signs.

You will also be able to fight in Kaer Morhen — home keep of the School of the Wolf, with the accompaniment of iconic composition from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt soundtrack, “Hunt or be Hunted”.

Last but not least, Doug Cockle — the English voice of Geralt of Rivia — returns in SOULCALIBUR VI to reprise the role! Watch the announcement trailer below:

“SOULCALIBUR is well known in the fighting games genre for including iconic guest characters. When we were approached with the idea of doing a crossover, we thought our community would really enjoy playing as the witcher,” said Marcin Momot, Community Lead at CD PROJEKT RED. “We’ve collaborated with BANDAI NAMCO artists to faithfully recreate Geralt, and shared original Witcher 3 assets like Geralt’s model, animations, and weapons. I think BANDAI NAMCO did an outstanding job of capturing all the details and introducing The Witcher to SOULCALIBUR in a way fans of both series will enjoy.”

“All SOULCALIBUR characters have strong convictions and complex backgrounds and this is why it is a great honor for the whole SOULCALIBUR team to welcome Geralt as the guest character in SOULCALIBUR VI.” Said SOULCALIBUR producer, Motohiro Okubo. “Thanks to the great cooperation with CD PROJEKT RED, we’ve been able to fully integrate Geralt’s fighting style and appearance. We can’t wait for SOULCALIBUR fans around the world to welcome Geralt to the stage of History.”

SOULCALIBUR VI, featuring Geralt of Rivia and the training grounds of Kaer Morhen stage, will launch this year on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC Digital via STEAM.

Last edited:
never played a soulcaliber game but there goes my time and money, and I'll be far from alone on this one :D

Awesomes!

Not too into fighting games, but SoulCalibur and DoA are pretty fun. Wouldn't worry about the "look" of it yet. Still in production; everything looks a bit "in progress". Personally, I loved the use of Axii at the end. (Now, they just need to pull back Geralt unleashing every single sign in the arsenal at once as a finishing move. :p Less is more.)

SigilFey;n10707721 said:
Now, they just need to pull back Geralt unleashing every single sign in the arsenal at once as a finishing move.
SignCalibur?

As to the topic itself, personally, I've no strong reaction to this announcement: Never played any of this series, and probably never will. I hope others enjoy the Witcher in this context, though. (Sorry, Geralt, not even Axii can persuade me.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom