Play by Post

+
Play by Post

Is anyone interested in playing a 'Play-by-Post' game in this forum? Perhaps some of the guys who have never played 2020?

umm not so much post by post but I would throw out a very short story here and there if yous wanted to do that.

like you make up a short story about a shoot out or something, then we do one and so forth.

I keep kicking the idea of a play by post or chatroom game around. But I am lazy and fearful I would not do it justice.

Plus, could you -imagine- having Wisdom as a player? And getting something wrong?

-shudder-

There is a group that plays via chatroom and forum postings (the latter, mostly for rulings, character bios, et cetera).

www.unlimitedcyberpunk.lefora.com

They usually play around 10pm Eastern on a few days of the week, and it has a small (6-8) player base.
I would love to get in on that group, but as I am in the UK, I don't think starting a game at 2am is a good idea for me.
Ah well.

I keep kicking the idea of a play by post or chatroom game around. But I am lazy and fearful I would not do it justice.

Plus, could you -imagine- having Wisdom as a player? And getting something wrong?

-shudder-
Rule #1 - The GM is never wrong.

Aah. We don't have as many european players, naturally. There's two GMs, but both (pretty sure) are based on the Eastern US seaboard.

Great idea. I played quite a few games over MSN and on forums back in the day.. It is loads of fun. We can play over Skype. Who would lead though?

Great idea. I played quite a few games over MSN and on forums back in the day.. It is loads of fun. We can play over Skype. Who would lead though?

Whoever really. It's more of a 'general interest' query atm.

Google+ has all the benefits of Skype but with better apps and tools, like a group paint program.

Whoever isn't a person.

YOU FOOL.

Are you thinking an open-world, interactive, player-determined-type world? Or more Ref-written plots and sub plots? Or a combo?

What year? Tech level? Campaign focus?

I presume CP2020 base rules, any house rules? IU addons like multi-Rolls?

II dontknow yet. Probably stick with the 2020 setting and I'll consider house rules. But turn its more down to whoever us the GM.

As there has been some interest shown, I am currently running a 2020 game over Skype once a week, (not on a fixed day, though we make sure everyone can make the game before agreeing to a day each week.)

We get online around 8:30pm GMT and play for a fwe hours. There are currently 2 players plus me running the game. I can accept up to 2 more players if people are interested.

No experience with PnP gaming is required, the point of the game is to allow players who haven't played 2020 before, (or for a long time,) to get into the game and experience what it has to offer. I can provide some background information, so players can get a feel for the level of technology and the type of society Night City in 2020 is.

Players are free to create their own characters, (with specific guidelines,) or I can create one with the player. I can also create a character for the player and they can run with it.

Drop me a PM if you are interested in playing.

And if you've never played the PnP and think Cyberpunk looks interesting, I encourage you to check it out.

What happened to that game that was being recorded? Did it fizzle out? (I also can't remember where the thread was on it).

Top Bottom