Play Cyberpunk 2077 on PC with Console Controller?

+
I do not know if there is any official information on this, but it seems almost guaranteed. If anything, the gameplay and UI could very well be optimized for controllers even on PC. :/ If The Witcher 3 and nearly all modern multiplatform AAA games are anything to go by.

Let's not forget that the game will be available for consoles as well as PC, so it will be an option to use your favorite gamepad on PC.

Though as it seems to be in a First Person perspective, I don't see why you would want to use a gamepad instead of the mouse and keyboard, but to each chum his own!

Though as it seems to be in a First Person perspective, I don't see why you would want to use a gamepad instead of the mouse and keyboard, but to each chum his own!

I can think of one reason: Driving.

Personally I love driving with controller, but hate it almost everywhere else. In GTA 5 I would swap between mouse+keyboard and 360-controller and it was dope as hell, simply pick up the controller and start driving without having to restart or even restart controller or change options just made it feel even more like I was stepping into a car.

About the question, like sv3672, I would think it almost insane if they did not include controller-support seeing as Witcher 2-3 had it and most games today have it.

I can think of one reason: Driving.

Personally I love driving with controller, [..]

Alright you got me, yes Driving is more fun with controller! And you are right that it's easier to control especially with power and steering angles, unlike with pc where you have Forward, Stop, Backup, Left, right...

Given that I'm hearing this game is face paced, I'm thinking controller dexterity will be more efficient. I guess it's a question of which direction the controls are being porting to, PC->console or vice versa. If they designed the UI with controllers in mind first, then running on a high end PC for better rendering and playing with a controller is what I'm going to do.

But if it's designed FIRST for PC and keyboards requiring lots of finger input and keystrokes, then using a controller might be a setback, but my guess would be controller first design.

Yeah, driving definitely is easier and nicer with a controller, I agree.

All in all, if the game does come with controller support, I'll try both that and kb&m. Never know which is better for each individual game. (y)

They used an Xbox controller (button prompts are Xbox ones) for both the 48-minute demo last year and the Deep Dive video this year, and at least the demo was definitely played on PC (confirmed on Twitter). Also, all CDPR single-player games except Witcher 1 can be played with a controller on PC.

I've not seen clear confirmation (though I may simply have missed it due to the sheer volume of news :p ) but everything seems to suggest controllers will be supported on PC.

I'm sure it's a given, especially if we consider they've supposedly been using a PC with a controller for all of the live demos.

Personally, I prefer KB+M most of the time (The Witcher 3 was great to play with a 5-button mouse) but I think I'll go with KB+M+C for Cyberpunk 2077. Driving, and perhaps some minigames, might be more comfortable to play with a controller.

Top Bottom