Play İt Safe Black Screen Bug

+
After defeating Oda in Play it Safe, the game tells me to connect to the terminal, but when I connect, the game gives a black screen error. I have been stuck in the game for 5 days, downloaded and installed the 1.05 update, but nothing happened again.

The same thing is also happening to me. I tried changing resolution but it did not fix the problem. Also tried to load a lot of different saves from before the mission and saves from mid-mission (before fighting Oda), but the black screen always happens. I have also updated to 1.05, but the problem is still there.

Same thing tried updating all drivers again
tried updating windows again
tried uninstalling and reinstalling entire game
tried changing my settings and resolution
tried changing the language n the game
im updated to 1.05
nothing

Hi guys, so I encountered this bug too and this is what I did to fix it:

Reload an autosave from BEFORE you're in the room where the netrunner is, as soon as you reload it, do a manual save in a NEW SAVE SLOT. Then proceed to go into the room, defeat Oda, stand over his body, let Takemura speak, tell him it's his lucky day, then pick up the loot from his body and go over to the port.

That's what worked for me, hope it works for you too!

Same issue, tried the solution with the save, didn't helped :( The problem is that I cannot leave the room until the bug fixed. Issue not fixed on 1.06 I tested it :( Please provide an solution. Happy Holidays to all

Last edited:
Same issue, tried the solution with the save, didn't helped :( The problem is that I cannot leave the room until the bug fixed. Issue not fixed on 1.06 I tested it :( Please provide an solution. Happy Holidays to all
What do you mean you can't leave the room? If you load a previous autosave from before you're in the room you can start from there. And do a manual save in a new slot before you proceed, if you did tried that and it didn't work, hopefully they'll provide a solution soon.

tried achieving the optional mission of talking to Johnny
tried not doing the optional mission
tried restarting my entire character
tried standing on top of oda
tried killing oda completely
also updated to 1.6
no matter what still freezes in black screen

Start a second play after 1.06 patch and now I reach this mission, having the same bug, can't continue, try everything, playing on PC.

I'm having trouble with it as well. I've tried the following without success:

1. Verify game file
2. Change language to English
3. Change Language to other than English
4. Talk to Oda
5. Kill Oda
6. Don't talk to Oda
7. Adjust screen resolution down
8. Reinstall Cyberpunk 2077
9. Restart from an earlier save point (Before relic malfunction/fight with Oda)

Playing v1.06 on PC via Steam. Nothing seems to work. Guess I'll re-load from an earlier save point and play side missions until the next patch comes out and hope it gets fixed.....

Same thing happens to me, tried all the fixes including manual save, I hope the developers fix this in the next update, until then I'll load an earlier file and play side missions
Post automatically merged:

I have the same Problem, and all ideas posted here to prevent it from happening haven't helped.

Instead of a blackscreen I occasionally get the red scanner images of a turret or some guys walking around on the blackscreen.

If you're still struggling with this.
Go into your settings and turn off Vsync before you jack in, that should do the trick. It did for me.

If you're still struggling with this.
Go into your settings and turn off Vsync before you jack in, that should do the trick. It did for me.
Also worked for me, reload a few times and turn on and off Vsync all the times with Vsync activate the bug happens.
Thanks for the info.

I downgraded my screen resolution from 4k to 1080p in game today, that solved my black screen issue. The game runs really good at 1080, no surprise but disappointing that a 4k game has to be dumbed down to fix code problem.
Changing V-sync settings did not work for me btw.

same problem occured to me last night, i play on a pc with the basic requirements, thoght it was a problem due to my PC forcing it's capabilities.

I had this issue, I turned VSync on to 60 and then switched from Windowed Borderless to Full Screen and it fixed it. Not sure if both helped, but it did work after that.

Top Bottom