Play İt Safe Black Screen Bug

+
I tried VSync and I tried changing to Windowed Borderless. Neither worked. Then I tried changing my resolution, really brought it down.

That allowed me to view the cut scene and continue with the game.

I'm having trouble with it as well. I've tried the following without success:

1. Verify game file
2. Change language to English
3. Change Language to other than English
4. Talk to Oda
5. Kill Oda
6. Don't talk to Oda
7. Adjust screen resolution down
8. Reinstall Cyberpunk 2077
9. Restart from an earlier save point (Before relic malfunction/fight with Oda)

Playing v1.06 on PC via Steam. Nothing seems to work. Guess I'll re-load from an earlier save point and play side missions until the next patch comes out and hope it gets fixed.....
Hope you are still watching the thread, as some of us seem to have found the issue. Dropping screen resolution seemed to work for several of us, i have gone through all the other steps you mentioned in addition to restarting from 0 twice before I tried the final thing that did allow the cutscene in the netrunner terminal.

Yeah, it happened to me just now when I'm trying to adjust the difficulty. My first big crash...
I just forced exit the game, terminate all the process in task manager and I can play it back.

Yeah, it happened to me just now when I'm trying to adjust the difficulty. My first big crash...
I just forced exit the game, terminate all the process in task manager and I can play it back.
Does it work for you?

Does it work for you?
Yeah, I forced exit the game. Open task manager and close CP2077 task there. But I recommend you to restart.
Are you able to play it back? Need to know what you did before that black screen crash happened, as for me when I'm trying to adjust the difficulty.

Yeah, I forced exit the game. Open task manager and close CP2077 task there. But I recommend you to restart.
Are you able to play it back? Need to know what you did before that black screen crash happened, as for me when I'm trying to adjust the difficulty.
i just fought oda and answered takemura's phone call before going to jack in.i have tried every variation of it, killing oda, sparing oda, not talking to oda after sparing him, changing resolution before jacking in. Nothing works for me.

Same bug for me guys - I have Hotfix 1.06 installed on an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and Vega 64 GPU Windows 10 64 bit system

Same bug. Even with patch 1.1.
I'll continue with the game and finish this quest later, but will they fix this at some point? I mean, they said something?

ty!

I've changed the video settings to fullscreen (previously windowed bordered). I've tried to call to several people. Worked. (Delamein especially)

Last edited:
After defeating Oda in Play it Safe, the game tells me to connect to the terminal, but when I connect, the game gives a black screen error. I have been stuck in the game for 5 days, downloaded and installed the 1.05 update, but nothing happened again.
Finaly, with the 1.21 patch, this is fixed!

i just fought oda and answered takemura's phone call before going to jack in.i have tried every variation of it, killing oda, sparing oda, not talking to oda after sparing him, changing resolution before jacking in. Nothing works for me.
Check the other posts from a few posts back, I was getting the same Black Screen, his suggestion fixed it for me. It was a few months back so memory is a little fuzzy sorry , but I think he recommended loading a save from just before you enter Oda's room, then create a new save and load the new save, after you defeat Oda wait a little while before you pick up the items on Oda. I think that was it :) GOODLUCK BRAH!

I had same issues, I kept getting black screen when I tried to jack in. I tried everyone's solution. In the end, I ran around the room shot all of the cameras and then tried to jack in, while jacking in I kept hitting the start and back buttons entering in and out of those screens at random. I don't know what was the fix in the end, all I know is I was finally able to get past this stupid mission. Good luck everyone!

Top Bottom