Play it safe netrunner bug

+
After defeating all 3 snipers and being told to go and 'disconnect the netrunner from the net' the prompt to interact with the netrunner does not appear.
No amount of restarting, reinstalling, or reloading has fixed this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

am having the same problem the i cant even get out of the misson or do anything please if someone has any way to solve this please tell us

Hmm...
Youre not supposed to unplug her, becouse you will be interupted when you do...
Theres an enemy lurking around in the room. He attacks you when you get close to the netrunner.

It triggered for me when I aproched the netrunner.

i have been setting next to the netrunner for like 5 hours now and nth happened its a game braking bug i don have other saves and i am stuck in this mission so pls if anyone know how to fix it tell us

Been having the same issue, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and nothing. There's an enemy underneath the floor right under the netrunner that gets aggro'd and I think that might be part of the problem but there isnt a way to go and take care of him. I'm basically stuck with no solution or prompt, and I only have one save so, if there's a way to solve this then please let me know. If not then i hope the next update addresses the problem cause ive been on this mission for a while now.

Been having the same issue, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and nothing. There's an enemy underneath the floor right under the netrunner that gets aggro'd and I think that might be part of the problem but there isnt a way to go and take care of him. I'm basically stuck with no solution or prompt, and I only have one save so, if there's a way to solve this then please let me know. If not then i hope the next update addresses the problem cause ive been on this mission for a while now.

I am experiencing this bug as well. After the boss fight, I go to connect to the access terminal and my screen goes black with only the audio of the aggro'd enemy below, and the only thing i'm able to do is occasionally use my Cyberhack vision. I've seen videos on YouTube and it's supposed to go the remote control of a security camera but this is where my game has its problem.
I have tried loading up past saves, uninstalling and reinstalling then trying again, but I am still experiencing this bug. I just wanted to let you know that it's not just you and I now know its not just me! Hopefully they fix it soon because i'm having fun playing cyberpunk and my last resort is to start a new game while I wait for them to.

After defeating all 3 snipers and being told to go and 'disconnect the netrunner from the net' the prompt to interact with the netrunner does not appear.
No amount of restarting, reinstalling, or reloading has fixed this.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Alright I had the same issue and fixed it by going to my missions and calling Mama Welles by clicking her little icon on the upper right while looking at the screen that allows you to track the job. calling her started a call with 10 different people and likely fixed the issue will update when the calls all end. If you already did that mission I assume it would work with any mission that starts with a call if you don't have one this won't work I assume

See my twitter vid below for how I did it but it worked like a charm triggered the call and the plug pull on the net runner as it should.

Last edited:
Alright I had the same issue and fixed it by going to my missions and calling Mama Welles by clicking her little icon on the upper right while looking at the screen that allows you to track the job. calling her started a call with 10 different people and likely fixed the issue will update when the calls all end. If you already did that mission I assume it would work with any mission that starts with a call if you don't have one this won't work I assume

See my twitter vid below for how I did it but it worked like a charm triggered the call and the plug pull on the net runner as it should.

I've loaded my game to the exact point in your video but I am unable to do what you do. The Top left of my screen is the same as yours but I am unable to pull out my phone or call someone directly from the journal menu. I am only able to call someone after I go up and go through the netrunner room door, after Takemura says to pull the plug, I am only then able to pull out my phone or call someone. Unfortunately, I've already completed the "Heroes" mission after calling Mama Welles earlier than "Play it Safe" during my playthrough. The only person who I am able to call about a mission is the guy with the grenade as his icon asking about needing a driver, but he answers and we have the entire conversation instead of just cutting off then doing the glitched phone call with everybody. I'm not sure what I should do about this Vigilante enemy who I hear under me after the boss fight and I have been unable to continue my game because my only saves are on "Play it Safe".

If you or anyone find out another solution let me know asap!

I have played another run through and it worked the second time around, it seemed like the prompt to unplug her only appeared after a dialogue prompt from Takemura and that the bug it caused by missing the dialogue somehow.

Just bumping this thread as I have the same bug, however I have done all my side quests that have calls so I cant actually use the work around posted above. Glad its not just me and I'm hoping that by interacting with a lot of these posts CDPR will see them and hopefully patch them in the next bugfix. 1.05 doesnt seem to have fixed the issue for anybody I know.

Just bumping this thread as I have the same bug, however I have done all my side quests that have calls so I cant actually use the work around posted above. Glad its not just me and I'm hoping that by interacting with a lot of these posts CDPR will see them and hopefully patch them in the next bugfix. 1.05 doesnt seem to have fixed the issue for anybody I know.

I just updated mine to 1.05 and it still is messed up for me too. I think it is because this is a separate bug altogether that involves the enemy in the area after you pull the netrunner's cord and after you defeat Oda.(not a major spoiler i dont think).

I think they will fix it sooner than later because it seems they paid attention to this thread when updating the game recently.

I just updated mine to 1.05 and it still is messed up for me too. I think it is because this is a separate bug altogether that involves the enemy in the area after you pull the netrunner's cord and after you defeat Oda.(not a major spoiler i dont think).

I think they will fix it sooner than later because it seems they paid attention to this thread when updating the game recently.

Fair enough well I definitely hope the next patch addresses it as I would love to progress without losing my save data.

Hi, had the same Issue, after defeating Oda and the Call from Takemura.
Got around by wlking to the Body of Oda, a Dialogue Option popped up an then another call from Takemura, after that everything with the Network link for the Security was okay. No more Blackscreen.
Hope that works fine for others too

Me I don't even can advanced to the point of snipers. I'm infinite waiting that Takemura called bugged. That happen because when he called i received another call at same time now it's bugged and I don't have another save. I have the latest version 1.06 I did everything to tried fix this bug I can't advanced in story I'm stuck because of this bug.

I am stuck on a black screen after Jacking in after the defeat of Oda boss fight. This really blows.

Update, since the patch 1.06 fix a bug of 8mb in save game causing corruption of the saves. With some sacrifice I started the game over again. And now works perfectly. I know this is not the best solution. But in the last resorce you know guys what you need to do. :-D

Top Bottom