Play It Safe - NEW bug with third sniper.

+
Hi, I have a bug where I cannot kill the third sniper.
He does not appear where he should be, and after a few hours of jumping around the mission area I finally saw him walking around on the street level directly below the platform where he should be.

I cant kill him with a sniper or quickhacks, he doesnt take damage due to him being so far away. I cant get near to him because I get one shotted for being 'out of mission area' (being near the street fails the mission). So im in a hardlock on a character ive spent 66 hours on.

Ive even been desperate enough to try DROPPING a dead npc on his head from the platform. The NPC actually hit him but didnt kill him because he doesnt take damage from that far away.

I manage to kill him only when I JUMP directly onto his head, but the fall kills me anyway so its a futile effort.

One fix would be to have him spawn WHERE HE SHOULD BE. Or another would be to extend the range of killing NPC's so I can actually kill him from a distance.

No idea if there's a different way to succeed in this case.

If nothing helps, and you have no previous save game before running into that issue (one that doesn't lose you too much progress) please check out the official CDPR support website:

did you ever find a solution for this bug bc I have it too
Post automatically merged:

actually my bug is a little different,hes where he should be but I cant kill him even from being right in front of him,nothing kills him

Having this issue also, game breaking bug.

Few hours ago I added a comment with a workaround that the forum software says was merged into my previous message but it never showed up so trying again.

I found a workaround for this bug that worked for my specific problem. Instead of trying to go through the doors and confront the sniper through the bridge where he takes no damage and one-shots you with laser precision, I backtracked from my savegame just prior to that and went on the floor above through the doors and crossed the roof of the bridge, where once I passed where the sniper was I was able to scan him through the roof behind his head and zap him with SYSTEM RESET and take him out no problem.

So this is either a bug in not allowing the player to kill the sniper through the doors, or not locking the doors to prevent the player from doing something that punishes them in a way that makes no sense, forcing them to play a certain way. This workaround suffices to get through the area however, with a bit of lost immersion based on free choice, but it worked for me so hopefully it will help someone else as well.

Last edited:
Also having the bug that the OP (cyberdogg18) is talking about. The waypoint is there right up until I get close and then is suddenly moves down to street level. I even climbed all the way down to try and get to him but the elevators on the market level either don't open, or has an invisible wall in front of it so you can't get to him at all. I have tried loading a save game from just after the second sniper is killer multiple times and its happened every single time.

This is a major game breaking bug and still no fix even with that massive patch that has not long dropped. Does anyone know of a workaround for this because I am completely stuck now and cant progress.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can get me out of this mess! :)

Also having the bug that the OP (cyberdogg18) is talking about. The waypoint is there right up until I get close and then is suddenly moves down to street level. I even climbed all the way down to try and get to him but the elevators on the market level either don't open, or has an invisible wall in front of it so you can't get to him at all. I have tried loading a save game from just after the second sniper is killer multiple times and its happened every single time.

This is a major game breaking bug and still no fix even with that massive patch that has not long dropped. Does anyone know of a workaround for this because I am completely stuck now and cant progress.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can get me out of this mess! :)
Maybe I have one (at least if you can reach the area) :)
It don't require to approach this dude (I always did that in 1.31, I killed him easily from far each time). You need a weapon with a silencer (a common assault rifles with a basic silencer is good enough, it's simply to "attract" the sniper where you want) and a good sniper rifles to "one-shoot" him.

You have to cross under the "tanks" (when Goro tells you to watch out for the reactors so you don't burn yourself to death. The bridge with the big pipes). You continue to go up, then eliminate Arasaka's two guards (in silence), then you take the elevator (if you can) and you eliminate the guard alone (also in silence).

Just in front where the guard was "crouched", there is an "electric transformer" (you normally use it to progress higher and to reach the footbridge where there is the sniper).
On this transformer, you should have a good view on window near the sniper. You shoot a bullet right at the edge of the window (not inside), which will attract him to come and see what's going on. And there, you switch to your sniper rifle and as soon as you see him at the window, you shoot him right in the head.

I hope it's clear (not sure), but it work and you will be far enough I think :)

Top Bottom