Play of the Month December 2018

+
These can be summed up as: Once a blue moon combo. If it works, it works spectacularly.

rrc

Forum veteran
#2 should be #1.. not because I am an ST loyalist, it is somewhat new.. other 2, we had seen before..

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yeah, i agree, i was most impressed by #2, i hadnt seen a row damage done so well, for over 50 points in 1 turn.

About #3, it just goes to show that Kiyan may very well be the deadliest card in Gwent, if let uncountered (and i have experienced worse scenarios than in vid, where i had way more points and was still wiped clean.

And #1, i'll say this in every POTM, until everyone hates me, but its true: i have done so much better, with same cards + "Vran Machinegun".

And #1, i'll say this in every POTM, until everyone hates me, but its true: i have done so much better, with same cards + "Vran Machinegun".

Did you try it with epedemics? :)

DRK3

Forum veteran
@thetruerenter I have. Glustyworp was the first card/ tactic i found i really liked in HC so even though my first Arachas deck was 50% Ruehin 50% Glustyworp (which is more versatile) i soon tried a 'all or nothing' Glustyworp deck, where every single card is meant to synergize with it.

It has Germain, 2 Spider Nests + Triss TK for an extra spider nest, She-Troll and Glustyworp to get big numbers when the spiders are destroyed, Vran Warriors for damage, and Forktails, Epidemics and Even Yennefer for destroying the 1pt units. Later i even added Avallach since my Vrans or She Troll were being killed before the destruction began.

Like i said, it really is all or nothing: the winrate with it is horrible, but when it actually works, it can destroy any other deck in game with 30-50 pt swings each turn, on the last 3/4 turns.

The powerswings are amazing with it and even when losing, it's really fun to see Vran doing a Rambo. Since the Wolfbane update I replaced one Epedemic with it, since triss would be able to create a 2nd epedemic card. And Yennefer can go 2 ways, boosting the little spiders or damaging all other units thus triggering the Rambo-effect. I love it!

Top Bottom