Play of the Month February 2019

+

rrc

Forum veteran
I am sorry if I sound rude. I don't mean any disrespect and I congratulate the winners. But honestly, all these clips are disappointing and IMHO, not worthy of POTM. For #3, even Geralt Professional would have done the job (or at least a few more cards). #2 is just a typical netdeck thing we have seen many times (even I have faced it few times with Eist was a thing). Not unique and not even a hard earned combo (SK can always thin to 0 - and even in that clip, the player had 0 cards in deck). The biggest disappointment is #1. #1 is just a show off. That player had already won and was simply showing off. I never expected POTM will show a clip in which a player had already won and keep playing 3 more cards, wasting everyone's time (I have to appreciate the opponent who patiently waited for 3 more cards).

POTM should be about how someone pulled off a miraculous combo or outplayed an opponent and won. It shouldn't be about demonstrating various cards in a non-interesting gameplay, and that too after winning.

DRK3

Forum veteran
This was probably the worst POTM i can remember, specially when the one last month was one that impressed me the most, if i recall correctly.

#2 at least deserves some credit for the massive point swing (over 70), even if its not a particularly unusual combo.
And #1, BM at it's worst, not impressive at all, my old Eredin Double Yen Conjurer did much better board wipes, i never felt the need to humiliate the opponent if they already lost.

Yes, the first place is too much BM for my personal taste. But congrats to all winners.

I am sorry if I sound rude. I don't mean any disrespect and I congratulate the winners. But honestly, all these clips are disappointing and IMHO, not worthy of POTM. For #3, even Geralt Professional would have done the job (or at least a few more cards). #2 is just a typical netdeck thing we have seen many times (even I have faced it few times with Eist was a thing). Not unique and not even a hard earned combo (SK can always thin to 0 - and even in that clip, the player had 0 cards in deck). The biggest disappointment is #1. #1 is just a show off. That player had already won and was simply showing off. I never expected POTM will show a clip in which a player had already won and keep playing 3 more cards, wasting everyone's time (I have to appreciate the opponent who patiently waited for 3 more cards).

POTM should be about how someone pulled off a miraculous combo or outplayed an opponent and won. It shouldn't be about demonstrating various cards in a non-interesting gameplay, and that too after winning.
Haha that was my thoughts when I saw it but since I never posted anything on the forum before I didn't want to be aggressive right from the start.
The first one with Shupe isn't impressive and the guy is thinking of using the soldier one to get even when he had as many chances of winning with the mage as the hunter (hunter: 9 damage or destroy unit, mage: 13 damage to random=only other unit or move it to your side...). Second one is "just" a nice Regis, still enjoyable and better than the #1 showing off...

Top Bottom