Player Body Types in Cyberpunk 2077

+
I didn't say that CDPR is 100% lying, i just give example how game developer promised something during development or in interview, and in the end that never show up in final product.

Even now for many stuff when ask CDPR say: we are not sure, still work in progress, we don't know how that system will work and so on, 7 month before game come out.

But lets face it CDPR did say at one point you would be able to print your V sheet and use it in PnP CP2020, but that is not case anymore.
So?

Or are you saying any company that ever fails to deliver on anything they've ever mentioned as a possibility is being dishonest?

This is not at all what they mean when they say choose between two body types, you guys know that, right? There's a whole section in CC for your body.

Where? The only customization option I saw for your body in the Deep dive was to select between 2 body types, masculine and feminine, only sliders we saw were for different hairstyles and body wiring configurations, no sliders or any options to customize body in the CC.

You was first who complain after last year demo how they don't follow CP2020 rule and add stuff that have no place in Cyberpunk, how they didn't follow on their word that they will bring PnP CP2020 as close to PC.

And yes if they promise something and in the end they don't deliver it, yes they are dishonest then.

There seems to be a lot of " The sky is falling " here , i know some of people are disappointed with the Deep Dive but lets not forget this is CDPR .

Just because people are raising concerns about the game does not mean they are going full chicken little (well some people are), just raising concerns about some of the footage we have seen so far, does not mean that we are not looking forward to the game, just that we have certain questions

And yes this is CDPR but just because it is CDPR does not necessarily mean that they are going to be able to deliver on everything everyone has been hoping for, nor does it mean that this game is going to be a guaranteed hit, while they have earned the benefit of the doubt with their previous games it does not necessarily mean we should expect everything to be perfect in their newest games.

I said from the beginning, don't expect much out of character creation, especially body types. This is CDPR's first go-round with character creation, so I wasn't expecting Fallout 4 level...I figured it would be fairly basic, so the reveal doesn't surprise me, and it wouldn't surprise me if we don't get much more at release. People need to start tempering their expectations...this trailer is trying to warn us not to get our hopes up too high or let our expectations run too wild.

So?

Or are you saying any company that ever fails to deliver on anything they've ever mentioned as a possibility is being dishonest?
That's the current popular thing to use against Ubisoft, so maybe they are saying that...it's not fair but some consumers will go to that level quickly.
Post automatically merged:

Just because people are raising concerns about the game does not mean they are going full chicken little (well some people are), just raising concerns about some of the footage we have seen so far, does not mean that we are not looking forward to the game, just that we have certain questions

And yes this is CDPR but just because it is CDPR does not necessarily mean that they are going to be able to deliver on everything everyone has been hoping for, nor does it mean that this game is going to be a guaranteed hit, while they have earned the benefit of the doubt with their previous games it does not necessarily mean we should expect everything to be perfect in their newest games.
This is true...if things go sideways for CDPR with Cyberpunk 2077 (not saying it will, just playing "what if"), they wouldn't be the first development team that had been riding high on past success only to faceplant with a new title. BioWare, anyone?

Last edited:
This is what worries me the most. As said before, I don't ask for something as good as fallout 4 customization, but I think it is very dumb to change something great to something decent at best. Last years CC looked very good, this year's CC, even the fuckin color of the interface is ugly

This is what worries me the most. As said before, I don't ask for something as good as fallout 4 customization, but I think it is very dumb to change something great to something decent at best. Last years CC looked very good, this year's CC, even the fuckin color of the interface is ugly

No idea why they changed last year's UI which was the coolest looking of the 2.

I want to play with a skinny young man
Not being forced to play with a muscular 30-year-old man... (n)
7c24180c2aa488aca0e49d46cd0d5037.jpg

Where? The only customization option I saw for your body in the Deep dive was to select between 2 body types, masculine and feminine, only sliders we saw were for different hairstyles and body wiring configurations, no sliders or any options to customize body in the CC.
Oh, wow. Seems I was wrong. The "body" section is just picking between two types in the demo.

HOWEVER... It's clearly WIP. They've very recently said you'll be able to do things like have a feminine face but a masculine body type and voice, and vice versa, as well as other mix-and-match options.

So I still maintain that there's no reason to worry. They clearly have some sort of more in-depth body customization planned, but since it sounds like they JUST did a rework of the system, it may not be in place yet.

I agree that being able to choose only between 2 body types scares me as well, I don't need a full fledge character creators with tons of sliders for each body part (I'd love it though) but at least few archetype for each gender would be appreciated (skinny, avarage, fat, muscular).

Some kind of a triangle slider would be nice..
body type.png

..with the Muscular angle closely related to the numbers on your Body attribute.

My post wasn`t aimed at you just a broad statement :) I have read posts from one person calling for boycotts . I agree with what Snowflakez has posted about me , CDPR has said you will be able to mix and match bits so i think it will happen in the final game .

I have posted before i love the Female V we have seen in the demos but she is a bit pear shaped . I would like to be able to slim down her hips or give her a bigger chest to even her out in my eyes . Where as we have seen a slim / skinny Male V and a muscle Male V .

My post wasn`t aimed at you just a broad statement :) I have read posts from one person calling for boycotts . I agree with what Snowflakez has posted about me , CDPR has said you will be able to mix and match bits so i think it will happen in the final game .

I have posted before i love the Female V we have seen in the demos but she is a bit pear shaped . I would like to be able to slim down her hips or give her a bigger chest to even her out in my eyes . Where as we have seen a slim / skinny Male V and a muscle Male V .

I don't think she's pear shaped enough. :sneaky:

Kidding.

or am I?

As long as I have the option to be a female with she/her pronoubs and the related sex organs I dont care how many extra optikns are added, that even seens like a good thing, it might be nice to have a more muscular and build on the female body and so on.

Im hoping this "gender dont matter" stuff wont affect dialogue realism negatively.

Because some options should be locked for certain genders. I dont want a skyrim-like romance where you can romance every man regardless of your sex.

Im hoping this "gender dont matter" stuff wont affect dialogue realism negatively.

Because some options should be locked for certain genders. I dont want a skyrim-like romance where you can romance every man regardless of your sex.

All romance NPC`s have their own sexuality set and wont swing V`s way just because your the player .

Perhaps everybody should calm down a little? Why everyone are just assuming that what we saw in the DEMO is the final, set-in-stone, nothing-will-change look? I mean the devs said multiple times that we will be able to choose the voice separately. Have you seen that in the DEMO? No. The same with the body parts swap. Just wait for more info.

So the disclaimer for the new trailer "Everything is subject to change" probably isn't realistically true. Sure, some stuff can be tweaked but a lot of it can't be changed at this point.
I am scared, and I hope they include unbelievably good modding tools, but I have confidence that CDPR knows how to make an awesome game. I hope the body types feature far more customization than simple "this one" or "that one". Like I want to choose a certain option, and then continue to change it much further.
all I have to say.

I mean, do the sliders really matter anymore now that you never see your character outside of the menus though?
Customization is always very important to me, but I'm sure we will get many opportunities to see our own character.
-motorcycle riding
-mirrors
-?

Some kind of a triangle slider would be nice..View attachment 11014112
..with the Muscular angle closely related to the numbers on your Body attribute.
I'm all for lots of very in depth settings, but I prefer more precise controls. I used triangle settings many times in the past and I really didn't enjoy them because I didn't feel in control of the exact numbers going into the setting. I rather have multiple separate independent options to carefully fine-tune each individual setting without affecting any other setting.

This. Customization really doesn't matter a whole lot in a pure FP game.
It matters to me lots! :confused:

Last edited:
Top Bottom