Player Body Types in Cyberpunk 2077

+
You was first who complain after last year demo how they don't follow CP2020 rule and add stuff that have no place in Cyberpunk, how they didn't follow on their word that they will bring PnP CP2020 as close to PC.

And yes if they promise something and in the end they don't deliver it, yes they are dishonest then.
100% correct.

But since then I've come to realize CP2077 is not a conversion of the PnP to a video game format but a game that attempts to capture the "vibe" of CP2020. Am I disappointed, definitely. But more then most here (due to my background as a game designer and programmer) I realize what such a translation from PnP to video game requires, and that such a game isn't going to have the mass market appeal CDPR desires. Most players want action not depth in their games, like it or not.

As I've said elsewhere totally customizable bodies/faces via sliders is a fantastic concept but absolute hell to incorporate into a game due to the huge number of variables and how they interact with hair, clothing, etc.

I'm all for lots of very in depth settings, but I prefer more precise controls. I used triangle settings many times in the past and I really didn't enjoy them because I didn't feel in control of the exact numbers going into the setting. I rather have multiple separate independent options to carefully fine-tune each individual setting without affecting any other setting.
A Dark Souls CC then. Pretty enjoyable rabbit hole but i feel like that might affect the graphical fidelity of the faces if implemented.

CDPR face textures/meshes look extremely nuanced that i was actually worried at first that we might only get presets similar to The Division. We don't even have sliders now, just "types" of individual facial features.

As I've said elsewhere totally customizable bodies/faces via sliders is a fantastic concept but absolute hell to incorporate into a game due to the huge number of variables and how they interact with hair, clothing, etc.

exactly this.

A Dark Souls CC then.
What..? No no no, I don't think that's what I meant. How did you get that Lol? :)

I don't want inaccurate slider-triangles. I like the look of the old character customization GUI (but it needs much more options)
with sliders for every individual option that are not slippery sliders anymore, because they have been changed so that each setting along the line of the slider is now its very own numbered and labeled individual button that can be clicked directly.
hair type [1]-[2]-[3]-[4]-[5]-[6]-[7]-[8]-[9]-[10]-[11]-[12]-[13]-(and more hopefully)
hair color [1]-[2]-[3]-[4]-[5]-[6]-[7]-[8]-[9]-[10]-[11]-[12]-[13]-
nose type [1]-[2]-[3]-[4]-[5]-[6]-[7]-[8]-[9]-[10]-[11]-[12]-[13]-
nose options 1 [1]-[2]-[3]-[4]-[5]-[6]-[7]-[8]-[9]-[10]-[11]-[12]-[13]-
nose options 2[1]-[2]-[3]-[4]-[5]-[6]-[7]-[8]-[9]-[10]-[11]-[12]-[13]-
eye type [1]-[2]-[3]-[4]-[5]-[6]-[7]-[8]-[9]-[10]-[11]-[12]-[13]-
eye options 1 [1]-[2]-[3]-[4]-[5]-[6]-[7]-[8]-[9]-[10]-[11]-[12]-[13]-
eye options 2 [1]-[2]-[3]-[4]-[5]-[6]-[7]-[8]-[9]-[10]-[11]-[12]-[13]-
and so on and so on

Last edited:
I didn't say that CDPR is 100% lying, i just give example how game developer promised something during development or in interview, and in the end that never show up in final product.

Even now for many stuff when ask CDPR say: we are not sure, still work in progress, we don't know how that system will work and so on, 7 month before game come out.

But lets face it CDPR did say at one point you would be able to print your V sheet and use it in PnP CP2020, but that is not case anymore.
Never heard that last part before. That kind of sucks. I can live with it though.

Has anybody gotten info from the new Night City Wire Ep 1 about whether you can choose what kind of body you have (muscular/skinny/heavy set) for your character, regardless of it being a male type/female type body? I want my V to be a buff woman!

I want a more slender male V or a more curvy or muscular female V, I hope we can be able to choose between a few more body types. I know we don't see V a whole lot in-game but I still find character creation important. Also, I'll personally always get to see V (in my heart ;-; ).

Has anybody gotten info from the new Night City Wire Ep 1 about whether you can choose what kind of body you have (muscular/skinny/heavy set) for your character, regardless of it being a male type/female type body? I want my V to be a buff woman!

Yeah, I would like confirmation of whether or not you can adjust body type of V. I know that changing bodytype in a video game is a touchy subject since they have to change every piece of clothing and animation to match the different body type.... Although FPP recudes that quite a lot.

But at the very least I would want my female V to have abs, muscle definition and possibly tad wider shoulders if not changing the measurements as such.

Last edited:
It's been mentioned (but not 100% verified) that the body/face customization in the demos is limited compared to what will be in the final game.

I hope so.
Actually I was wondering why I didn't remember seeing any Bimbo in such an heavy body modification world, and that may just be the answer.
Post automatically merged:

Anymore news on body size sliders? Muscularity etc?

I remember hearing in one of the video about a currently grayed booby slider, but I don't remember which video it was.

I want a more slender male V or a more curvy or muscular female V, I hope we can be able to choose between a few more body types. I know we don't see V a whole lot in-game but I still find character creation important. Also, I'll personally always get to see V (in my heart ;-; ).
I feel like i'm gonna spend hours in the character creator for this game lol.
Yeah, I would like confirmation of whether or not you can adjust body type of V. I know that changing bodytype in a video game is a touchy subject since they have to change every piece of clothing and animation to match the different body type.... Although FPP recudes that quite a lot.

But at the very least I would want my female V to have abs, muscle definition and possibly tad wider shoulders if not changing the measurements as such.
I hope that it is possible to choose the muscles/butt/chest size of the male character.. slider would be great :sad:
Anymore news on body size sliders? Muscularity etc?
I'm really happy people are asking these questions, I am too also very curious and hope it's possible.

Has anyone else here played Nioh 2? I like CC there. There are sliders for muscularity, height, weight and others. And the face customization has sliders for different face parts. And it's a 3rd person game! I'm sure CDPR can do that easier because CP is first person. I'm still hoping...

Top Bottom