Player Country Flag.. Why Not ?

+
Only if this will be an option, not setting for all. I don't want to see much garbage information on the screen.

Honestly, i have no interest in showing extra info about myself nor seeing something like that about opponents

Honestly I don´t think it´s a good idea. The Gwent community isn´t a very salty one and it should stay like this.

But here is my flag:
1559065530324.png

I am a bit surprised by the negative backlash of this suggestion. I would have expected more people to be interested in the opponent's country. Sure, it's nothing essential. Nonetheless, I do actually like the suggestion.

Well, pretty easy it could roll downhill when players would be able to identify their opponents not just like "that damn roping guy" but "that god damn unitless roping [insert nation] *@!". Maybe its not about you. But me personally - I don't really want international image of my country impact my online experience.

As an option, I wouldn't mind it. As an always-on feature, I wouldn't want it. I really don't care for always having -- and sharing -- that info since it's irrelevant when it comes to playing the game. (I never add opponents as friends or interact with them beyond the emotes and GGs.)

Seems the devs like toggles a lot these days, so it probably would be toggleable if it were in the game.

Last edited:
i dont think theres a reason for this none should care the country is from.maybe we should say religious or political beliefs ?that information has nothing to do with any game , it is just gossip

I think we would see a lot of "all the players from this or that country never gg" or "only play this anoying deck" etc. And there are countries having difficult relationships or even are at war (yes, real war) with other countries. We don´t need that in Gwent.
imho

I just wanted to point out that there are still a lot of prejudices conected with other nations and flags.

ProNeo's case is a really decent example why the matter of nationality is unhealthy for the community. Suddenly instead of discussion whether was he cheating or not, we have persons claiming that all the fault is either on CIS or EU citizens. Just keep nationalist politics out of Gwent, please. It is and should remain a card game played for fun, not an arena between competing nations.

Pre-emptive note in light of (very) recent events: Now that the proNEO News thread is closed, please don't bring that discussion here.

Wouldn't want a flag thread to get flagged.

Wouldn't want a flag thread to get flagged.
oh dear... : D that was bad... : D
Post automatically merged:

coming back to the topic...
What does the flag even mean? The country you were born in, the one you identify with, the one you live in,... the language you speak...?

Would be cool if it was an option, put it in a corner of the profile, but it would be low on my list of priorities.
They put country flags on the leaderboard though

Top Bottom