Player Feedback/suggestions - improved Very Hard mode

+
Hi, first off, I love the game, the story and the gameplay. I've got about 30 hours played now and I just really enjoy the game. To help improve the game i just wanna give some feedback.

I like to play any game on the hardest modes, but there are some really overpowered moves that should be nerfed or a higher difficulty should be introduced, which removes some of it's abilities:

Presumed bugs:
- Sniper Tech Weapon wallbang - with rare level "ping", I can practically see all enemies, after which I can just headshot wallbang the complete map, which seems way too overpowered. I understand that there should be some wallbangs possible, but at the moment it's just way too strong, making it usable on thin walls would be the best solution, but difficult to program I assume, so removing it on the very hard difficulty seems to be the only solution (Ref.
)
- Contamination spread: same as the above, I've invested into an int build, so this spreads 6 times, which in itself is very strong, but this goes through walls as well, so I can actually just kill the whole map, by using it on the first mob I see.

Suggestions for a harder difficulty:
- Take some inspiration on the fallout 4 survival difficulty: same as very hard BUT only saves on certain points (such as making the fast travelpoints save spots), less carry capacity, must eat/sleep/drink or get negative bonuses, no fast travel, get sick/get viruses => must pay ripperdoc to remove them

Ingame suggestions for quality of life:
- add Save profiles so I can switch between my playthroughs (if I start a new char, add a new "Save profile" with it's own saves, not mixed with my other chars)
- add Favorites to Items, to often I end up selling the stuff I don't want to sell, by adding a favorites and a filter to NOT SHOW favorites at the vendor would help

---- EDITS ----
Suggestions from others:

In general:
- Crafting: don't allow overcrafting ammunition (If you're at max ammo of that type, disable crafting more of it)

For survival mode:
- Level Scalling enemies
- More HP to enemies/handicap character damage (atleast from hacking)
- Recalibrate the armor effect: not enough armor => twoshotable; enough armor => normal conditions. Not meeting a base threshold significantly improves enemy damage. Give us the incentive to upgrade our gear/buy new gear

Last edited:
Good suggestion. In general Very Hard doesn't really feel "very hard" at level 18 with max int and legendary hacks I am already a living god wiping enemies away at a whim without even coming in contact with them which feels really bad. I think giving enemies more HP and handicaping character damage at Very Hard could help too because it gets out of control too fast and there is no challenge left in a diffuculty that should be challenging to the very end. I would also like level scalling enemies.

Major issues making VERY HARD fun, but ultimately impractical for an e2e playthrough.

1. Hard mode is terrible. So easy, I can clear most encounters in seconds.
2. Ammunition. You go through a LOT more ammunition, especially when attacking higher level (skull) mobs. Max 96 Sniper, 670 SMG, and 600 Rifle rounds? Doesn't tell you this when buying or crafting so you just wastes mats? Bulk crafting, as much ammunition *as you can carry*, etc are must-have updates.
3. Stealth impossible. There is no way that I've found to stealth take down higher level enemies. No perks, no mods, no weapon techniques (melee to the back of the head, quick hacks, silenced guns, etc) will do an instance takedown.
4. No gear to prevent being 2-shotted. Standard street gangers w/ rare quality pistols and blow holes through you. This is in part an issue with the level scaling, but when you go into encounters where same-level NPCs are fighting each other, they can go at it for a LONG time.

Also would be good to have a "very easy" mode that turns the enemies into stormtroopers who can't land a shot to save their lives 😂

Top Bottom