Player HQ/Base

+
Ask Rache Bartmoss about being safe while diving...well..he is a big thing in netrunner and edgerunner circles and someone did fire a mass driver canon at him cause he is Rache Bartmoss...yeah...nevermind.

You know darkly, the first thing I thought of when I heard in the demo you could dive people's cyber was Rache's comment about doing it way back when. No one believed he ran a Solo who was after him and had the Solo's cyber arm strangle himself.

Good times man

You start with an apartment not a house.
And reportedly can get other places as the game progresses. More apartments or houses as yet unknown.

I wonder if you start in a cheap apartment complex in one of the bad parts of town and have to work your way up?

I also would like to have different places for different situations like others before me mentioned.
A luxury place in the skies with no fear of death but expensive rent and better loot from stealing from neighbours, a place outside the town with less comfort and people but space, cheap and secure.
A small chaotic place in the middle of the town with a little of everything, all my criminal connections outside the door, short ways to everywhere but therefore more dangerous.
And so on.
This would feel really awesome because i could experience such a nice bunch of different situations, get satisfied of my wish for lonleyness outside the town and then go back into town when in the mood and do stuff there

I thought they said there will be a place you live, and that is one place you can see your character in third view.

Yes your home will have storage to view and store weapons and a closet type deal to store and view different clothes and style accessories for you to view you character in.

Most important if you can wrap yourself in a towel and have a drink in the balcony.

Most important if you can wrap yourself in a towel and have a drink in the balcony.

Yep or just do it in bra and panties and from the people I have talked to who have seen the E3 demo they tell me that V has great ASSest hehehe get it *nudge nudge wink wink*

Nice flats are fine, but I want to have a sooper-sekret hideout in the slums.

Yeah a rent system would be pretty cool! Especially if it was implemented with a crime system. For example the cheapest the appartement, the more likely it would be plundered (some loot or money stolen etc...) and vandalised by gang npcs because of low security.
A fancy room would be well protected with low risks of being robbed. However, the overall rent cost of one of those would suck your wallet dry.

In the end, living in rich and poor quarters would both have benefits and drawbacks.

High crime/cheap vs Fortress/money pit

Always like my character having a place to call home, even if its mostly a place to store loot. Always like some kind of trophy mechanic, with some decoration depending on how you finished certain missions. Could be stuff like looted art, the jacket of a gang leader etc.

Just a wild idea. Would your appartment getting robbed or vandalized if you don't take precautions or pay off/ intimidate/ kill the local gangs be fun or troublesome? Somewhat on the fence myself.

Honestly I don't see why you wouldn't have a safe space I mean it is pretty key for a Netrunner to have a safe spot to dive...
Infocomp just ran an article about how diving from your residence is the new hotness. In unrelated news, I heard there is this new Netrunner whitepages you can purchase access to with names, avatars, & home addresses! ;)

I'm hoping forr a Skyrim-like system, but with upgradeable furniture. And since house progression (?) has been confirmed, and many want a rent system, why not try to blackmail the landlord, hmm? Stalk him for a while, maybe hack his cellphone, computer, memory implant. Or you could do that to a rich guy to buy his estate!! Of course, people will come after you, but, a nice place is wortrh it, right?

Top Bottom