Players can play the entire game without killing an enemy if you wish -- HOLY CRAP!!!

+
See. This is how probability works.

Everyone else gets the whole story, I get headline for it from the same source. Life works that way.
Try scrolling down? Unless that's already been suggested. IGN is frustrating and has a bunch of big images that make you think the article is over when it isn't.

I'm not even half way through the article and it sounds crazy good.

The release to the public is going to blow everything from E3 "out of the water".

can't wait to do melee. ok, handguns too, but mostly melee.

"war droid up ahead, heavily armed" "I'm gonna punch it in the sensors"

Yeah I am a big fan of melee madness and it's hard to get right, so I hope the mechanics are worked out accordingly.

Especially with a katana being a weapon of choice.

Yes, it will be possible to get through the game without killing anybody. However, Night City is a dangerous and brutal place, so when pacifism is not an option you might still need to hurt people.

but in cut scenes V will kill some right? and with boss fights??

Yes, it will be possible to get through the game without killing anybody. However, Night City is a dangerous and brutal place, so when pacifism is not an option you might still need to hurt people.

First allow me to once again express my sincere appreciation both for CDPR's presence on this forum chiming in on these sorts of subjects and also my gratitude with how promptly you fixed the PC CE issue in the U.S. I'm hoping my neighbors in the rest of North America will have similar good fortune.

Having said that...

Can you elaborate a bit on this? Do you mean that we'll have to hurt people via non-lethal takedowns and things like stun guns where, from a gameplay perspective, there isn't much difference in how it actually operates or via dialog and the things happening automatically?

The former is basically similar to some of the Deus Ex games. Technically I could make it through the entire game non-lethally by utilizing brutal take downs and shooting people with tranq darts, but it is a bit of a thin difference from just doing the same things in a lethal manner.

The latter is a little more RPG focused ala some of the old school RPGs like Fallout 1 & 2 whereas you really could make it through the entire game never going into actual combat with the right build/approach.

Edit: I should note, I'm making no judgments on which approach is better than the other. Just trying to clarify in my mind (and maybe in the minds of others if anyone else out there might also be wondering.)

I'm 50/50 on this.

Some of the bullet points ING makes thrill me:

When meeting your Voodoo Boys contact, the "street kid" life path choice opened up an alternate dialogue option. (Lifepath matters at least a bit)

There's real-time translation of someone talking to you in Creol, thanks to an implant chip. They speak it and you just read subtitles. (One assumes this applies to other languages as well.)

Now Placide is also talking to you through your head. It's getting crowded in here. (Perhaps the initial stages of cyberpsychosis!)
We grab a guard stealthily; we can either kill him or dispose of him in a non-lethal way. In this case, we toss him down a nearby garbage chute. ( :cool:)
Perks also affect dialogue options. ( :cool:)
A loading screen was shown just for fast travel. Again, you can otherwise go through the entire game without loading screens. ( :cool:)

Others made me cringe:
Motorcycle driving looks fairly arcadey and sort of stiff. (Ahhh well ...)

As we sneak by guards, they all have "18" next to their names – most likely a level indicator. (Sigh)

There's a locked door. You could physically open it, but since this player character is a hacker we found a terminal to hack it. Hacking minigame confirmed! (Sighs longer and harder)

There's a grid of hex codes that you pick out the right ones for. Completing the basic level will give you access but you can get more optional benefits for doing even better. (A QTE no doubt ... so no matter how skilled my character is it doesn't matter)

You can use perk points earned on level-ups to upgrade a number of categories: blades, rifles, handguns, assassination, cold-blood, sniper rifles, engineering, hacking, shotgun melee, two-handed, and maybe one more I didn't have time to write down. The level-up skill tree is a branching thing that looks like a motherboard almost, with cables going out from the center. (Shotgun melee??? WTF - so you need both "sniper rifle" and "assassination" for one shot kills?)

We zoomed in to eavesdrop on Sasquatch, the leader of the Animals. She has a huge hammer and uses it in a cool boss fight. She has a weak point glowing on her back that you have to shoot at after dodging her attack. Breaking it cut off her juice supply, making her too weak to hold the hammer. (Oh joy, classic "Boss Fights" )

If the hack finishes (it's a bar at the top of the screen) we'd straight-up die, but we managed to kill her first. (More QTEs ... have the reactions of a kid or game over ...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom