Players can play the entire game without killing an enemy if you wish -- HOLY CRAP!!!

+
It all sounded good to me, except for the clunky motorcycle driving.

It also seems as if the brief gameplay tease that was shown after the Keanu reveal was all snippets of the larger behind-closed-doors preview that the gaming press was shown.

QTE,Levels,Perks and gamey bossfight.

Is still a game made by fan of the pen and paper? Because honestly they implemented the worst heresy they could.

No offence given my personal opinion.
By a Cyberpunk 2020 pen and paper fan.

This may be an an unpopular opinion here, but Cyberpunk 2077 is a video game. It has to play out differently than the pen and paper RPG, because pure pen and paper mechanics would be boring in a visual, interactive medium. It also has to have a much broader appeal than to just fans of Cyberpunk 2020.

Eh.. driving physics never really bothered me. But convincing crash physics though.. not that I'll want to crash all the time. Just don't want to remember the watch dogs games where you don't even budge after being hit but just take damage.

Dunno how I feel about the perk tree though. Sounds like we're having bullet sponges.

This may be an an unpopular opinion here, but Cyberpunk 2077 is a video game. It has to play out differently than the pen and paper RPG, because pure pen and paper mechanics would be boring in a visual, interactive medium. It also has to have a much broader appeal than to just fans of Cyberpunk 2020.

THis is a discussion already have dozen of times. A good game don't need QTE,Gamey boss fight a Perk system Cyberpunk 2020 had already a good system in place that while not ported 1:1 could had be done insanely better thant what i am reading here.
World is not Black or WHite there are grey areas that could be use to make a system that works for both parties instead here was chosen the route of the "Cheap shot" annhiliating all that was said on the pasted years and also killing a good part of what made Cyberpunk 2020 unique from other rpgs.

If people still think that to have a good rpg you need a level system coloured tiered loot QTE and bossfight. Sigh.

Remeber how people absolutely loved qte in witcher2? i do

Not sure what people expect, its action RPG/FPS, not CRPG with dice rolls behind the scenes. Your physical reflexes must matter or the FPS potion will suck - gun-play must feel good. +damage skills are a thing even far back as original Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Just expecting a game that respect the source material not an 1:1 conversion like many others.

Now Placide is also talking to you through your head. It's getting crowded in here. (Perhaps the initial stages of cyberpsychosis!)

Nah, I read the notes and its referencing the fact that Johnny is also in V's head at that time. The note said that Johnny makes a joke about it.

Ps. Having standard leveling system and stat-based progression,level-gated shit and similar bog-standard skills that magically improve your gun damage etc is not going to drive me away from CP2077. But I would've hoped CDPR would've been a bit more groundbreaking in its game system design. This all sounds about as lazy as it gets.

QTE,Levels,Perks and gamey bossfight.

Is still a game made by fan of the pen and paper? Because honestly they implemented the worst heresy they could.

No offence given my personal opinion.
By a Cyberpunk 2020 pen and paper fan.

Scares me a bit for the Cyberpunk red paper edition...

Not true. Guns there have a range of damage within which a damage is rolled at impact. Skill only governs accuracy and distance modifiers.

I did not meant the accuracy, just there being a thing where you invest into char perk tree to have linear improvement with particular weapon preference. Making accuracy tied to skills in FPS would be most stupid idea possible. +damage is far better.

Think people missed my comment.. so... someone knows?

"but in cut scenes V will kill some right? and with boss fights??"

Because then its not a simple bullet sponge? I dunno. The glowing target is obviously a result of your cyber optics and targeting system..

True, but the bulletsponge is part of the fun IMO.
Now, yes, maybe a cyberoptic could do that (we'll see), but since it's not a game made for kids (In Sonic Force it wouldn't bother me), here, you'd be shooting your way in a place, and stumbie on "that guy" that you can't bring down and have to find a way.

That's what I call a cool boss fight, it's hard but rewarding when you figured it out, using your brain and figuring the boss's patterns.
Here, it's the same, excepted they "offer" it to you, you don't have to use your brain a second, just shoot the red spot.

That said, I hope you're right and that it's just an optic enhancement.

Skills improving accuracy might have worked in a pen and paper where you don't physically do anything really. In a video game like this the player aims and shoots, it's logical to leave aiming abilities up to the player in this case. There's a reason why RPGs moved away from skill-dependant accuracy (ala Morrowind, Gothic or Deus Ex). IMO, there's nothing more frustrating than clearly shooting something and seeing a huge MISS above it.

Top Bottom