Players; how old are you? at least in your state of mind.

+
As of yesterday I'm 39, still get carded when I buy booze, but in my mind I'm much older. I'm not a total curmudgeon, I'm pretty optimistic & love to have fun, but a crazy life has grizzled me a fair bit.

At this point in my life I'm just trying to get my farm up and running with some income streams so I can "retire." It'll be a ton of work, and I'll probably never stop coding, but I don't want to have to deal with bosses, traffic, offices, society in general. Maybe just a few more years though.

I am 25, and I feel like I am 25 (which is like I am not too old but I certainty ain't too young xD 1/4 of a century). :]
Man I remember back in high school when my parents were saying "When will you outgrow the need to play video games?" and I replied like "Probably never cause I don't think that has anything to do with age." and I was right, obviously. :D

47, 48 next month, mentally it changes, I can be a teenager some days, much older others.

First video game I ever played was Pong, first computer I ever owned was a Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k).

I am square root of pi units old (just don’t ask what the units are), but I am old enough to have completed a high school physics course without owning a calculator and to think trump is something players bid for in bridge.

My mental age is also square root of pi units, but these units are different than those above, and tend to vary widely with time and circumstance.

I'm 28, from Germany. :) I prefer playstation, but since Gwent was no longer available there, I finally look more into pc gaming.. Gaming inspires us all, I guess, and good RPGs make you feel like you lived more than just one life! Love to loose myself in a good game and will never give up on it!

42. Answer to everything.

I stopped playing games in my early 20s ... but started again with Hearthstone. It was love at the first sight ... CCGs are my cup of tea and I am playing ever since. With GWENT I found my favorite CCG ... the more "mature" world of the WITCHER. In the past few years I started to play the classics. Finished WITCHER 2 a few weeks ago.

Back in the days I've played C-64 and Amiga, haha. Those were the days. But right now ... I can't image a life without games.

I'm 28, from Germany. :) I prefer playstation, but since Gwent was no longer available there, I finally look more into pc gaming.. Gaming inspires us all, I guess, and good RPGs make you feel like you lived more than just one life! Love to loose myself in a good game and will never give up on it!
It's always good to see how many different nationalities come together under one language and one banner to discuss seemingly random things in the upmost passionate manner possible. Forums as a whole and videogame forums specifically are very precious just for this alone. It makes me feel connected to others.

Und so nebenbei: Schöne Grüße aus dem Saarland.

Biological age of 34, mental age of 25, which is not a big difference if you think about it.

First console: NES at the age of 8 in 1995. I've been playing PC games since 2001. I have a lot of favourite games but if I had to choose one, it would be Homeworld. To this day not a single movie was able to portray space battles in a way Homeworld does, also the music and the story are absolutely epic.

I play single player, story driven games almost exclusively, doesn't really matter if they are RPGs or linear FPS shooters, as long as there is a story to be experienced.

My life is a boring one and I like it that way. Never had a crazy adventure, never broke a bone in my body, never got chased by the cops, drowned a kitten or killed a frog. I play videogames with aim for doing that after I retired too. :D

I will be 37 next month. I forgot how old I was, thought it was 38 this year. Good to see many other players late 30s and older.

30 in my mind for as long as I can get away with it

49. Played the original CP when it came out as a box set RPG. Met some of the most important people in my life that way. When I first stepped into NC in the game, it felt like coming home.

I am 42 years old, I have been playing video games since 1992, I was 13 I was in Japan for my studies. coming from Russia, after having been very ill following the disaster of 1986, the only survivor of my parental family [...], my rebellious spirit was born from that.
very quickly I focus on thinking games, role-playing games, only on PC. in Japan I had the chance to know an impressive number of games.
back home, my life is stable but the desire to take revenge on a world that lied to me, took my parents my elder sister haunts me. the rest is not joyful [...].
2006 {go to jail}.
2019, as in the monopoly, I come out of jail, not broken but I thirst for information. after being cut off from this world for over 13 years; it makes you want to know. the news of the world are not good; it's worse than before.
February of last year, {forbidden to play on PC until 2031} I bought a used PS4 pro console. but which game to buy?...
a good little boy advises me, he asks me if I like Cowboys; I love Western movies => Red Dead Redemption 2. {I didn't know the 1st opus}, I doubt and I take.
what a surprise it was for me! the graphics, the universe, I was speechless. I devoured this game, the spirit of escape is very immersive; the rebellious side too = the rules between good and bad.
just before knowing CP-2077, I had just finished "Ghost of Tsushima", a wonderful game. it made me think; I miss Japan.

when I play, I get involved. in CP-2077 V it's me, totally.
yes, I am 42 years old and still 18 years old in my head. Mother nature gave me the chance to look younger than my age {or is it the effects of the death rays of 1986}

be yourself, stay yourself. despite a very busy schedule, if you want, you can get away from it all. in the countryside, in front of your screen.
Trust me on this; despite a most austere, dismal, violent prison for women; sometimes I felt more free locked up than "free" in this shitty world.

View attachment 11201698
You have an extraordinary story, choom.
Post automatically merged:

29 in age and in spirit!

You have an extraordinary story, choom.

O, it's a very dark story, filled with tears; mine and those of others.
at 7, suffering in hospital, I was destined to become a future rebellious woman. Japan has been beneficial, saving but my original nature has returned.
in spite of the prison, in spite of so many problems which I underwent and subjected to others, I remain rebellious until the end of the nails.

Peace and love ☮
Namaste

I am 70 today! Started playing video games in the late 80's First one I got hooked on was Duke Nukem side scroller! Then Doom, Wolfenstein 3D and it went downhill from there.

Still playing Fallout 76 daily alongside CP 2077

I'm 36, but mentally 20 something.

Have been playing video games all my life. My earliest gaming memories are playing commandore 64 and Atari before we got pc. After ps2 came out, I've practically only played on console, because I found it easier just plug and play. Though nowadays pc and console games don't differ that much because large installs, updates and what have you.

No longer insert the disc and start playing.

Top Bottom