Players that spend money on the game NEED to be separated from the players that didn't

+
Sofaltis;n6862710 said:
That's great to hear that it's under work - I figured it must be part of their test regiment. I appreciate the conversation held around it - I only wish it wasn't in a post titled - paid should be separated. I never think that should be the case. The dev's obviously see this as an issue and it should only begin to improve. In the meantime, If you are an Xbox one Player, I would suggest turning off cross platform if you do not want to face those people who have purchased cards. Since I have done that, I have noticed a far better pairing in my more recent games.

Well to be honest i'm not sure how it currently work. I faced a friend of mine today. I am level 40. He is level 9.. Not too happy to find that out after deffending the MM for so long.

bre3zer;n6862790 said:
Well to be honest i'm not sure how it currently work. I faced a friend of mine today. I am level 40. He is level 9.. Not too happy to find that out after deffending the MM for so long.
That made me laugh... maybe I was right all along... LOL

zkenpachiz;n6862830 said:
That made me laugh... maybe I was right all along... LOL

Yeah but it change nothing on my previous point(s). Just that the current MM is really bad if something like that can happen.
Personaly i feel pretty bad. That mean that i have been bashing a lot of low levels in my dailys routine. FeelsBadMan

Rethas;n6659012 said:
The game has only been live for a few days.

It is quite easy to earn 3 kegs a day plus a bunch of Ore and Scraps (we also gave some for free as a part of the tutorial).

So far you could have earned over 25 kegs since the game launched last Tuesday, which would give you a considerable amount of upgrades to your base deck.

This means that it is very likely that players you fought might not have invested any money and may just have earned the cards themselves.

How does this solve anything? It doesn't matter whether or not the other player got all his cards from bought Kegs or through playing a lot of games. The problem is that at the moment it's not very fun to play against players with many more cards, since the base decks are pretty crappy.
I personally played a few games shortly on launch day and the day after and had a lot of fun, winning most of my games. I had to stop because of real life obligations and thought to try it again. Now I played ten games and lost every single one, because the enemy played a very specialized deck that has only very few chances to get countered. Buff + adrenaline + copy + promotion for Northern Kingdom enemies for example or weather effect spam for monsters. I don't deny that those players were good players, but that doesn't change the fact that this doesn't motivate me or players with similar experiences to keep playing.
Which will be a major problem if you expect to keep a decent playerbase when you launch the game. There will always be an unbalance between players in the amount of cards they have and there needs to be a mechanism, like matchmaking, that makes sure that players are pitted against players that they have a good chance at beating. Otherwise the playerbase will dwindle really fast and the game will most likely not survive very long.

Last edited:
Top Bottom