Players that spend money on the game NEED to be separated from the players that didn't

+
The way I see it supporting CDPR with $9 during the beta isn't horrid. I picked up 7 kegs and that will most likely be all I drop but still. Those guys rock I'm happy to be helping out and lending support to people who have given us so many hrs of amazing game play.

CDPR needs to find a way to distinguish between players with weak and strong decks (but it should still be possible to play against stronger decks, if that sort of challenge is wanted). However that is not a matter of money...

I know this is an issue over on Hearthstone but I don't see this as a major problem right. For starters, keep in mind that this is a beta and the whole purpose of it isn't to provide optimal matchmaking but figure out card balancing. It's for that reason that fixing such things like this isn't a high priority. On to the point at hand, maybe it's because I'm a good player but I don't have any issues playing against people who obviously have spent some money on the game. The few times I've lost have mostly been by being outplayed or just unlucky.

Absolutely not! The matchmaking needs to be connection based so games won't be dropped. No need to prioritize people who buy cards because having more cards doesn't mean they are better and you will get wrecked.

I have been free to play so far and have not had many issues at all when facing decks that are filled with a seemingly bought collection.

The only matchmaking that should happen is in a ranked mode, where the only thing that should be considered is skill level.

Luck is a big factor in opening Kegs. So someone who pays money might end up worse than someone who plays allot (in terms of card quality).

The only matchmaking that should happen is in a ranked mode, where the only thing that should be considered is skill level.
I agree.

I bet there is going to be Ranked Play with seasons.

Then players with high end cards won't be playing against someone who just started with a base deck.

It's no fun to be totally obliterated by a deck that exclusively contains cards that you simply don't have as a new player.

How do you know that though? for example i have such cards as John Natalis, Phillipa Eilhart, Thaler and Prince Stennis among others and i haven't spent any money at all.

Because someone was lucky enough to get really good cards don't mean they have spent money to obtain them.

It is better to use level as a indicator for separation. Those who spent money are supporting the finance of CD projekt red, why should they be punished?

There absolutely has to be an internal value for each card (A rating given by the devs) so it should be very easy to tally up the ratings simply numerically and pit people against one another who are within 10 points of this rating or something.

Additionally, since Xbox One Players cannot purchase kegs with real money, nor can they mill cards (at least until level 3 - which is hard to obtain -see below). It means that I'm playing 4-6 games just to get one win because the PC players have the ability to do all of these things. I'm running into decks with multiple golds / purples hitting the table each game.

Playing with starter decks filled with 2 kegs of supplemented cards from earning ore from wins, it cannot keep up. It is very discouraging to those of us who only received an Xbox beta invite and not a PC one yet. So I very much hope they have a more advanced matchmaking system in the future or they will have a decreased beta test group from the consoles until the abilities to buy/mill cards because it just isn't fun to play.

I will say though, when I get a decently matched game, I love gwent almost as much as I did in the regular game. And I cannot wait to see what else is coming as the beta evolves.

Last edited:
Additionally, since Xbox One Players cannot purchase kegs with real money, nor can they mill cards (at least until level 3 - which is hard to obtain -see below). It means that I'm playing 4-6 games just to get one win because the PC players have the ability to do all of these things. I'm running into decks with multiple golds / purples hitting the table each game.

Playing with starter decks filled with 2 kegs of supplemented cards from earning ore from wins, it cannot keep up. It is very discouraging to those of us who only received an Xbox beta invite and not a PC one yet. So I very much hope they have a more advanced matchmaking system in the future or they will have a decreased beta test group from the consoles until the abilities to buy/mill cards because it just isn't fun to play.

I will say though, when I get a decently matched game, I love gwent almost as much as I did in the regular game. And I cannot wait to see what else is coming as the beta evolves.

I made it past level 17 completely free to play. I won the majority of my matches. I'm having a hard time believing anyone when they blame other people buying kegs for their losses.

I don't think segregating the people that choose to spend money on your product is a very sound business plan.

How can people come up with this stuff? Split community in half with f2p players and those who buy kegs? Seriously how can you think of something so stupid?

Nothing needs to be done about it. This is a Free to Play game. Either you enjoy the whole thing for free or you pay to support the game and get "boost" in progress.

Last edited:
I disagree.

Repeating what I said in another thread a few minutes ago:
I'm an Xbox player myself. I may not be able to buy cards with real world cash, but I'm still winning most my games. I actually have a bunch of clips recorded and saved on my Xbox Live account of PC players ragequitting when they're about to lose because it happens depressingly often (like, two or three times every hour often). It's like a lot of them just can't accept the fact that bought cards can't make up for a lack of knowledge/strategy when it comes to card games like this.

All the people on these forums that say Xbox players aren't able to compete with them? They must not be playing the same game I am. That or they've had very bad luck with matchmaking.

It's no fun to be totally obliterated by a deck that exclusively contains cards that you simply don't have as a new player.

The game has only been live for a few days.

It is quite easy to earn 3 kegs a day plus a bunch of Ore and Scraps (we also gave some for free as a part of the tutorial).

So far you could have earned over 25 kegs since the game launched last Tuesday, which would give you a considerable amount of upgrades to your base deck.

This means that it is very likely that players you fought might not have invested any money and may just have earned the cards themselves.

Top Bottom