Playing all your cards by round 2!

+
Playing all your cards by round 2!

I personally get annoyed by this. Its rarely ever a good idea to play all your cards by round 2. Yet lately its all my opponents are doing. Passing strategically IMO is a crucial part of this game. Thoughts?

It depends on your deck.
If your using up all your cards in the deck by round 2 your more then likely using Ciri Dash and Roach.
Skillege is the deck currently who can use her extremely well, throw in Morkvarg/Olgierd and the power you keep on the board with zero cards in your deck is pretty crazy.
It's a viable strategy and nothing wrong with it, I would try it out myself if I had the cards

No im not losing. Which is the point of the post. Im encountering players who do it even if they havent won round 1. Anymore witty responses?

When playing combo style decks I often go all in on turn 1 and 2. The reasoning behind it is a bit hard to explain, but basically when playing a combo deck, you only really want to play cards in the rounds you are trying to win. So unless you are playing spies, that means often means going all in on the first two rounds.

When I do it's usually when I win turn 1 and I am playing against monsters or Skellige. Skellige gets stronger in round 3, so trying to win the first 2 rounds is often the best strategy. Passing without playing anything, doesn't really do anything against monsters, as they will (almost) always have a unit on the board at the start of the round.

I see what you mean, but someone almost always has a scorch, geralt igni, or Dbomb that will force you to start setting up for round 3. At least thats how it usually happens for me. I guess like you said it depends on the deck and the opponent.

Lately i have noticed just about every game i play, it ends up going damn near all in round 1!!

Its kinda funny... its like an ego thing ...
he aint backing down...well....i aint EITHER...
I CANT BELIEVE HE PLAYED AGAIN..JUST QUIT ALREADY!!!!!!
WELL...I CANT STOP NOW IM TOO MUCH INVESTED ... lol

It's not always a pissing contest. It's a lot like poker. Sometimes you are just pot committed. And you know you can't win round two, and are gonna need all 3 draw cards to have a chance in round three.

Also, so many players have convinced themselves that deck thinning is the surest way to win, that they will get all of their Clear Skies/Emissaries/Crones/Witchers/Everything out in round one, if they can.

The deck i play.. i cant go all in round 1.. i take it as far as i can..but seems like 9 times out of 10 ..its me that has to pass and let them win.
But then,,they find out real fast, they maybe should have NOT played like that..lol

DCeiTFuL;n7874750 said:
I personally get annoyed by this. Its rarely ever a good idea to play all your cards by round 2. Yet lately its all my opponents are doing. Passing strategically IMO is a crucial part of this game. Thoughts?
Well, there is a good reasoning behind it. Lets look at the most brutal decks out there: We've got dwarwen ST, and you kind of have to beat them round one, unless you can remove all the resilient units before you pass. Then there is Morkvarg Queensguard. You really, REALLY dont want to play 3 rounds against that deck too.
Besides,
frbfree;n7876230 said:
Also, so many players have convinced themselves that deck thinning is the surest way to win, that they will get all of their Clear Skies/Emissaries/Crones/Witchers/Everything out in round one, if they can.
this. Its no just about "sure way to win". If you dont go for deck thinning - you only draw 13/25 cards of your deck over entire game. Wich means, that if you rely on a particular card, its pretty much 50/50 to get it. If you want a combo - the larger it gets, the lower your chances of ever seeing it. And combo decks are the most satisfying and fun to play ones out there. Wich leads us to the actual thinning mechanics. Monsters? Pretty much rally only. NR? They have much more options with scouts and priscilla, but also rely on foorsoldiers/hunters. Wich mean they also want to commit quite alot to round 1, to avoid drawing those. Skellige uses discard, so they dont really care too much. But you really dont want to play 3 rounds against them. Similar story with Dwarwen ST. NG kind of can afford early pass, since they can target draw, but picture shall be rather clear for the other factions.

Top Bottom