Playing Classic RPGs

+
Playing Classic RPGs

Starting form page 10 roughly, till there it's other games. Former topic continuing hereWe have a Now Reading, Now Playing (music) and other kinda topics but there is no thread about other games as I can see. I part know and part guess many people here plays RPGs but what about others? What other genre do you like and why ofc? Also please don't hesitate to write even if you only enjoy RPGs. So post your opinion about other genres, games, RPGs, favorite moments, favorite quotes, favorite characters from games etc. I personally haven't played many RPGs, only Fable I and TW1 on PC for now but I like the genre. I used to play strategy games, Total War series especially. Now they seem too addicting, time consuming and stressful to me. These days I prefer action, adventure, fantasy, platforming and games with good story or puzzles. In which I can kick back and enjoy the story, interesting places or the soundtrack. Lately I've played Batman: Arkham Asylum. I liked it. So what about you?

Myself, I am a fan of the RPG genre. I have played NWN 1, 2, Baldur's Gate 2, KOTOR 1 & 2. Currently, I am playing Dungeon Siege 2 over a lan with my husband. We finished NWN 2 over lan together a few weeks ago. After we beat Dungeon Siege 2, we are going to play through NWN 1 and its expansions over lan. The reason I am playing those? Well, I like to play games with my husband. :)Also, I have downloaded a mod for KOTOR 2 that puts in additional gameplay that was left out. So, I'm playing that through. When I have time, I am also playing Torchlight. I'm like action games, also. However, I am not playing any of those currently. My husband and I play MMOs together, also. We were playing Champions Online, but we got burnt out on that. We played a couple of "free" MMOs (Everquest 2, LOTRO). Because of limitations (you get what you pay for), we aren't really serious about those.

I'd class myself as an CRPG fan, definitely. I've played Baldur's Gate (expansions and all), Planescape:Torment, Arcanum, Neverwinter Nights (again sequels and expansions, although I think Shadows of Undertide was not up to par, plus lots of fan-made stuff), KOTOR 1&2, Jade Empire, Dragon Age, Mass Effect 1&2...and those are just the "linear" ones. Then you have stuff like the Elder Scrolls - Morrowind, Olbivion; the Gothic series...you get the picture. But honest, it's not that bad - I have friends and erm...go out and stuff! :D I really dig the Total War series. Rome was my favourite, there was just something enchanting in seeing your legions conquer the world. And despite being disappointed with Empire and Napoleon, I'm just so sold on Shogun 2, can't wait for it! I mess around from time to time with Paradox and their grand strategy games (Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, etc). But apart from that, I haven't really played new stuff from the strategy genre in ages. I stick to Starcraft, Age of Empires/Mythology...that sort of stuff, even after all these years they are still fun. MMO's I haven't played in a while, used to play LOTRO for 2 or so years (got a liftetime sub there), tried out AOC and WAR but...meh. I've been too busy over the last year or so for such games though, their such fricking big time-sinks. Waiting on SWTOR however, that looks promising. Shooters I haven't touched in quite some time, although I play Bad Company 2 with mates, it's huge fun especially with voice chat. At the moment though, I finished playing through the The Witcher for a second time, which took a while, and haven't found anything to sink my teeth into yet. Not that I really have all that much free time, but that's besides the point. Mount and Blade: Warband fills in any gaps in my time-schedule, it's quite fun over multiplayer. So basic, yet so fun - that game never gets old. Woah....reading all that, it sounds like I've spent my days playing games and nothing else, I might send the wrong message across and scare people away. It's not that bad! :p

Blackrock said:
...I really dig the Total War series. Rome was my favourite, there was just something enchanting in seeing your legions conquer the world. And despite being disappointed with Empire and Napoleon, I'm just so sold on Shogun 2, can't wait for it!...
Rome is my favorite too. I haven't tried Napoleon, tried Empire but didn't play it. I'm waiting for the Shogun as well. It'll be awesome with all the Japanese architecture and samurai :) Playing Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands currently. It's pretty good with better traps :aaargh: and beautiful Persian palaces >>EDIT: but too short, damn it!

Well this is a good topic the game I mostly go to are RPG to me that cover a lot of different kind of RPG.everything form crpg to Action Rpgs and everything in between I'm taking a brake from playing TW after gods know how many times of replay lol.Right now I'm just replaying Too Human which is not a bad story line. To hold me till Force unleash 2 comes out. @ Darksavior can you pm me the addy for the mod to KOTOR2 I was thinking of reply that one as well.

I don`t really do that many games but i do crpg the most and i still enjoy my 1st game from time to time AVP2 no not the new one this is the one from 2000 and it plays just fine on Vista 64 and Oblivion lord had so many mods installed the game was barely recognizable and of course my all time favorite TW1

I like a large variety of genres in gaming but rpgs' are my passion. And e-ahmet, Fable 1 for me was the game that got me into rpgs' in 2005 or something.. It's still one of the best games I've ever played and can honestly say I've never had so much fun in a game before or after.. ^^ After that I've played pretty much every good/great roleplaying game released on pc..Recently I've been playing Bad Company 2 and the new Medal of Honor on pc ( having a military training has made this genre kind of close to my heart :p ) and I'm planning on playing Enslaved and Fable 3 (when it's released) on 360 as soon as I have the free time.. So basically I enjoy any game that has a good story, likeable/interesting characters and fun-enough gameplay, and of course rpgs' ofter exceed in this section.. :)

eskiMoe said:
I like a large variety of genres in gaming but rpgs' are my passion. And e-ahmet, Fable 1 for me was the game that got me into rpgs' in 2005 or something.. It's still one of the best games I've ever played and can honestly say I've never had so much fun in a game before or after.. ^^ After that I've played pretty much every good/great roleplaying game released on pc...
Totally agreed. I played it so many times in the end I got sick of it but still thinking of a replay after don't know how many years. Some of the hardcore RPG fans hate it though maybe it's being cartoonish is the reason. Though I played FPSs in the past like some of the MoH and CoD series, I gave up on them for a couple of reasons. I like sword fight in games better. I freak out when something attacks me out of my view in FP view. Seriously, I quit playing Doom 3 because I thought I could have a heart attack if I continued. I wasn't able to play Half Life 1 for that reason too neither. I'm glad Witcher didn't come with a obligatory FP view :D I think I ought to play older RPGs people mention here sometime since it seems there aren't many quality RPGs around for PC. It was a huge letdown for me when I heard Fable II wasn't gonna be relelased for the PC. I hope they keep their promise on the third.

e-ahmet said:
It was a huge letdown for me when I heard Fable II wasn't gonna be relelased for the PC. I hope they keep their promise on the third.
This really sucked.. Fable 2 on 360 was ok but technically it would've been so much better on pc.. I was looking forward to purchasing my copy of Fable 3 for pc but after the delay I guess it's 360 version again.. -.-

I always keep a game in progress on TW1 because I like to jump in and out of it even after multiple playthroughs. I do the same with Mirror's Edge.Other than those, I have new games in progress on Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Thief 3. I also just picked up The Longest Journey from GOG, and it seems like fun. I like cRPGs, but they are not my primary genre. I also prefer adventure and stealth to shooters and strategy (though there are exceptional games in both of those genres), so I am looking forward to Death to Spies and The Void. Still, I will happily spend a few minutes with Painkiller or Bloodrayne now and then.

I'm a bit of a shooter fan... I love the Witcher... Formerly I've never played a game like this, but I love my shooters.Currently one of my favourite games is Half Life 2 and I'm in the middle of Episode 2.I also played both versions of Far Cry and love them.Also NOLF 2 which I find fun but haven't tried it under Win 7

ChocolateLover67 said:
...Also NOLF 2 which I find fun but haven't tried it under Win 7
Really? It's not been too long I finished NOLF on 7, will play the 2. sometime. NOLF is the best shooter I played btw. All that 60's gadgets, weaponry and the music in the background...It was awesome. It's an FPS but there hasn't been any problem since there are no monsters or mutants in the game xD like I mentioned above. I hope it works with 7. ===>>>>EDIT: NOLF2 runs perfectly on Windows 7 :) currently playing.

Well RPGs have always been close to my heart but recently Sports Champions has been the big thing. Disc Golf particularly is the best.

e-ahmet said:
e-ahmet said:
...Also NOLF 2 which I find fun but haven't tried it under Win 7
Really? It's not been too long I finished NOLF on 7, will play the 2. sometime. NOLF is the best shooter I played btw. All that 60's gadgets, weaponry and the music in the background...It was awesome. It's an FPS but there hasn't been any problem since there are no monsters or mutants in the game xD like I mentioned above. I hope it works with 7.
Have you played any of the Dr Who games that you can download off the BBC? They're like an RPG?

ChocolateLover67 said:
Have you played any of the Dr Who games that you can download off the BBC? They're like an RPG?
Actually just today I've seen them for the first time coincidentally because I was looking up the "Doctor"s actors. I think they're flash based games but will check them tomorrow. It's late here.
ChocolateLover67 said:
...BTW DT was my favourite "new" doctor...... But I am warming to Matt Smith
I was upset when Christopher Eccleston was replaced with David Tennant but I got to like him more. Maybe it's because the same character no matter by whom he is acted. The Season 3 has just started last week where I live so I don't know about Matt Smith yet. I like new side kick more than Rose Tyler. I replied here because in the other topic it would be continuing the off-topic. Afraid of the mods :S
j/k Our mods are nice :)

Earlier discussion suggesting games to play after Witcher:http://tw1.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=24952.0/Dan

e-ahmet said:
e-ahmet said:
Actually just today I've seen them for the first time coincidentally because I was looking up the "Doctor"s actors. I think they're flash based games but will check them tomorrow. It's late here.
Well when you do get to look you will like them. They're not flash games but fully functional stand alone PC games and if you live in the UK they are all free.

ChocolateLover67 said:
Well when you do get to look you will like them. They're not flash games but fully functional stand alone PC games and if you live in the UK they are all free.
They look promising. I may buy them maybe later since I'm not in UK. There are also flash games which I noticed earlier.

I play most TBS - games, currentrly EU III HttT and Victoria II (both Paradox games), but every now and then I try some RPG. I got bored with DA but liked much TW. Next game I'll buy is Patrician IV ( Patrician III is one of my all-time favourites).

rite now besides the witcher, i used to be into titan quest and the expansion a lot (for any of u who arent familar its like a wannabe diablo 2 but in some ways better) and guild wars and its expansions (cant wait for GW2... gonna be epic!!) =]

Top Bottom