Playing Different Classes Suggestion

+
Playing Different Classes Suggestion

So Cyberpunk has a lot of different kinds of classes to play as from Cop to Rockerboy to Corporate, and im a little worried that the game is the same no matter what class you pick. My suggestion is to have the game as the movie Shortcut a few different stories kinda connected. so the first part you play as a specific class like a Rockerboy and then after 5-8h its story is over you play as another class and their stories are kinda connected.
Cause having the same story no matter what class you pick is kinda...meh

My favorite classes are Rockerboy, Netrunner, Corporate and the 4th class could be a soldier/cop class with lots of combat.

So you would play as a Rockerboy first, then Corporate who is the bad guy, then the Cop/Soldier class and finally Netrunner.
You could also have a Fixer that is connected to all the characters except maybe corporate, i envision him as a guy you go to for everything from information to guns to drugs maybe he looks like Mike Pondsmith with dreads =).

Who likes my idea?

It seems that you've mistaken "classes" with "characters". As I understand it, players will have more free reign than what you suggest.

the problem i have is that if you are going to play the same story no matter what character class you pick is a bit.......

unless you have an original story the first few hours and then it pushes you into the main story like Dragon Age origins did.

If choosing a character class is just going to affect the combat like mass effect (barely affected the combat) then i dont know, what made Cyberpunk cool were the different roles you picked.

the problem i have is that if you are going to play the same story no matter what character class you pick is a bit.......

unless you have an original story the first few hours and then it pushes you into the main story like Dragon Age origins did.

If choosing a character class is just going to affect the combat like mass effect (barely affected the combat) then i dont know, what made Cyberpunk cool were the different roles you picked.
Sadly, I was unable to find the discussion we had on this earlier. One speculation was that, while there might be a basic story thread, unique dialogues / objectives would open up, depending on your Role. So, while you might get to the same point in the storyline with your next playthrough, with your new character, you may be given a different set of objectives (and a different means to accomplish them) to advance the story.

Wouldn't make much sense for a Corporate to wade in to a firefight, or a Solo to rock the mic, neh?

Sadly, I was unable to find the discussion we had on this earlier. One speculation was that, while there might be a basic story thread, unique dialogues / objectives would open up, depending on your Role. So, while you might get to the same point in the storyline with your next playthrough, with your new character, you may be given a different set of objectives (and a different means to accomplish them) to advance the story.

Wouldn't make much sense for a Corporate to wade in to a firefight, or a Solo to rock the mic, neh?

thanks for the reply, the problem is that the roles are very different as you pointed out and having one storyline for all but with different dialogue options is not going to cut it. my suggestion is that instead of that we have 4 short stories(5-8h) instead with 4 unique storylines for all but the stories are somewhat connected. having different objectives for different classes is too much work, you are basically asking them to make 10 30h games.

The good thing about my idea is that CD PR can then listen to feedback on which character class they liked the most and further that story or create DLC.
And for Cyberpunk 2 just follow that character and so on.

thanks for the link.

It's an interesting idea. You'd force people to play Roles they aren't interested in, though, in order to experience the full game. That's a weakness.
You also take away a certain amount of the fun in picking a Role, namely that people like to see how a story plays out in a certain playstyle. Then,perhaps, another playstyle.

Or they roam around in their tricked out cyberbike in between playing different segments of a much larger story. With teh same character, who they ahve grown quite attached to.

I think your idea is quite innovative and even has a current, very popular correlation in other media, as seen in Game of Thrones, for example.

However, most of us who enjoy such stories would tell you we wait eagerly to read or watch our favourite character and when we imagine ourselves in the story, we imagine what we would do, not what we would do as we tried on different "faces".

i would really, really hate to see this

i have no interest in playing certain roles, and id feel so unattached to my character if it came to that. i fukking hate it when an rpg game puts me in the shoes of a character, with his name and history already set. I find the suggestion in the OP even worse

i would really, really hate to see this

i have no interest in playing certain roles, and id feel so unattached to my character if it came to that. i fukking hate it when an rpg game puts me in the shoes of a character, with his name and history already set. I find the suggestion in the OP even worse

the way i suggested would give the player a very intense and rich story without any fluff from different perspectives of the future. i understand that you want a single player character which is "you" throughout the whole game but that gives you a very narrow view. hey theres always cyberpunk 2 where the devs can listen to feedback and do a game just based on one class. my way gives a rich smargosbord of goodies.

I just really hope they do have the CP careers, my favorite character was a Techie named Twitch. He had a love for High Explosives and a degree in structural engineering. If they do that they can have a decent main story, and lots of small side jobs that you would take depending on your career. Techies would go for repair/destruction jobs, Solo's can be the hitmen/bodygaurds and so on.

Im resurrecting this thread cause i agree with the OP. Playing different characters in a intertwined story is amazing.

Im resurrecting this thread cause i agree with the OP. Playing different characters in a intertwined story is amazing.

Animal! You're back! How adorbs!

Yes, it could be amazing, but people do tend to get attached to "their" character. I found playing as Ciri in W3 and Catgirl in Arkham City kind of a distraction.

Heavy Rain it was a lot better, though.

Yes, it could be amazing, but people do tend to get attached to "their" character. I found playing as Ciri in W3 and Catgirl in Arkham City kind of a distraction.

Not touched W3 yet ... I may "cheat" and use console commands to play Ciri all the way thru ... hearing Geralts voice coming out of her mouth should be amusing.

Not touched W3 yet ... I may "cheat" and use console commands to play Ciri all the way thru ... hearing Geralts voice coming out of her mouth should be amusing.

<sputter> You..wha,,,,you.....that's so WRONG. It's just...there's great story in there...you can't just...

Sard - I believe there's a post here needs to be ponied. It's saying horrible things that hurt my eyes.

I can't see to google "Horrible Ponies of Hurt". Someone do it for me!

Top Bottom