Playing on very hard is the way to go

+
I regret playing it on normal the first time, the game is so much better on very hard, certain features actually make sense in very hard that would be overlooked on normal.

If normal mode was very hard mode+higher level requirements for each main mission so you actually have to do more stuff in the city to prepare yourself for the main mission that is coming up, this game would be so much better. The side missions, the gigs, the gang spots would actually function like farming like you would in a RPG.

My first (and usually only) mode of play in ANY game is always it's hardest difficulty.

It's really the only mode that can reliably reveal all of the gameplay and features, because knowing there's a higher degree of failure directly associated with it tends to slow your pace, and coaxes you into paying closer attention to everything around you, as well as taking the time to fully understand the underlying mechanics of character build, stealth, weaponry, armor statistics, etc..

Skipping the 6 month portion of the player's relationship with Jackie (and T-Bug for that matter) was a tremendous mistake. A glaringly obvious missed opportunity in a game chock full of glaring missed opportunities that could have served the game immensely well, by using that period to methodically prepare the player for the coming turn of events that would befall them. They skip 6 months, drop T-Bug and Wakako on you like you've known them for the last half-a-year, and then plop you into a major league heist involving one of the most ruthless corps in existence? Don't think I'll ever get my head around that.

"PLAYING ON VERY HARD IS THE WAY TO GO"

Only if you know the game, which you don't, in the beginning. I played on easy mode the first time, just to get to know the game. But yeah, when I got familiar, started to play on very hard. Also the battle AI has significantly improved these days, which adds to the challenge.

Top Bottom