Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
seamusgod said:
looks like a polished turd.

So a developer takes the time to make a proper PC version using the full technical capability of the system and making THE BEST looking game out there and you complain about it?

Seriously? This is why PC devs abandon the PC, because of people like you.

wonder how well this game will do on PC.

tressfx btw

she changes ethnicity in nearly every single piece of marketing art they've released. but they ended up giving her tinier eyes than joe biden and a face that doesn't look human.

also, even the paid reviews couldn't cover up the fact that it's another bland man-shoot where you get to massacre a ridiculous amount of generic mercenary fodder in an attempt to "survive". because everyone know survival does not entail evasion and stealth, but running around like a comic book character blasting people with shotguns.

Yeah, I haven't played TR since 97, but I am pretty sure she was an English countess. It's okay if they've changed the "tomb raider", but they shouldn't call her lara croft. Unless, the name has become something like James Bond, which would be weird for this case.

Finished Red Faction: Armageddon recently. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it overall, though the difficulty was all over the place; most parts were a cakewalk, while there were other occasions when things got quite a bit more difficult, only to go back to being a cakewalk soon after. That magnet gun was every bit as fun as the gravity gun in Half Life 2, though. There's nothing quite like ripping a wall off of a building and killing your enemy with it.

One thing really bothered me, though:

That freaking kiss with Kara. Why the hell would you have a tender moment in the middle of a dangerous area after being told that enemies are watching you? It's just stupid, and it was a cheap way of killing off Kara to try and make the end of the game all emotional and stuff. They could have gone inside the BIG SHIELDED ROBOT THAT THEY JUST FIXED and THEN KISSED. There are simply no words for how stupid that moment was.

Rocking in Brütal Legend, hacking in The Banner Saga:Factions and hopping in Ni No Kuni.
I also need to attend my friends in DOTA2 or Path of Exile from time to time... Boy, i really need moar time :)

Any Metro 2033 fans? I started playing it and I'm enjoying it, but some parts are awkward.

I reached this part after Riga (or something like that) where there's a group of people that shoot you no sight, and quite a lot of them. Am I supposed to simply shoot then all? I ask because the game doesn't have any proper stealth mechanics and I don't have nearly enough money to buy a silenced gun.

Overall I like the atmosphere and the Russian voices are quite good. Too bad they are not always subtitled.

The frontlines between Nazis and Soviets? You can sneak past them.

I personally just finished watching the latest Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm trailer. How FAR can you go Blizzard in ruining the entire SC series?! You've already ruined Warcraft beyond redemption.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCsGTP3-Jlw

Volsung said:
Any Metro 2033 fans? I started playing it and I'm enjoying it, but some parts are awkward.

Anyone who played this is it worth full price? I'm thinking of buying it. How many hours playtime does it have? Can I sink 40-50 hours on it like I do Deus Ex or Dark Souls?

CostinMoroianu said:
I personally just finished watching the latest Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm trailer. How FAR can you go Blizzard in ruining the entire SC series?! You've already ruined Warcraft beyond redemption.

I wouldn't say that they are ruining anything. SC never had breathtaking story, it was always just ok and still is. It's good that they add some humanity to Kerrigan, this way she won't be just villain, she will me more 'grey' character. For now, in the trailers they showed her only as evil person that is driven only by vengeance, but I believe that in the final game they will add some good side to her too.

guipit said:
Anyone who played this is it worth full price? I'm thinking of buying it. How many hours playtime does it have? Can I sink 40-50 hours on it like I do Deus Ex or Dark Souls?

Worth the full price? It's been permentately discounted to $20. I THINK I have a Metro 2033 key if you are interested. I could be wrong though but THQ were giving away Metro keys during their THQ humble bundle so I'll check.

Aver: The problem is the whole vengeance thing since she was never that obsessed with killing Mengsk, hell she let him go at the end of Brood Wars, what they did with Raynor who swore he would find Kerrigan and kill her in Brood Wars and now changed his mind...whatever and who also saved Mengsk in Brood Wars but now also wants him dead as well no matter the cost, what they are doing with Mengsk and so on.

The biggest problem in that trailer though? It's that nonsense that human Kerrigan has an omniblade with which she is stabbing zerg Kerrigan!

guipit said:

I just barely started playing but so far I like it. It is not at all a hybrid like Deus Ex, it's a straight forward first person shooter. I heard it gives you a very reasonable 8-10 hours of gameplay, which apparently is standard for the genre.

Metro 2033 is a modern FPS, i.e. you pick up ammo and money from cabinets and corpses, your health regenerates, you can buy and mod weapons, and so on. The atmosphere is very cool and both exciting and depressing. Apparently it is based on a novel with the same name, and it presents a dystopic post-apocalyptic future Russia in which people live underground in subway stations, in very precarious and unsafe conditions. The surface is toxic and inhabited by mutated creatures.

And yes, THQ gave away Metro 2033 keys to whomever "liked" their facebook, a few months ago. I personally got the game from the THQ bundle.

CostinMoroianu said:
Aver: The problem is the whole vengeance thing since she was never that obsessed with killing Mengsk, hell she let him go at the end of Brood Wars, what they did with Raynor who swore he would find Kerrigan and kill her in Brood Wars and now changed his mind...whatever and who also saved Mengsk in Brood Wars but now also wants him dead as well no matter the cost, what they are doing with Mengsk and so on.

The biggest problem in that trailer though? It's that nonsense that human Kerrigan has an omniblade with which she is stabbing zerg Kerrigan!

You ask me somebody at Blizzard has got their head shoved so far up their own arse that they're actually talking shit, they seem determined to piss off the fan base who put them where they are. Ruining Warcraft with Kung Fu fucking Panda expansions and killing every interesting character, then dropping their always online drm for the Playstation folk while fellow PC folk are still shafted by their Diablo 3 auction house. I'm glad I never bought any of their new games, they're twats, fuck 'em.

CostinMoroianu said:

Manchild Metzen destroyed SC as a story already with WOL as far as I'm concerned. HOTS and the Protoss one will just be urine on the corpse.

CostinMoroianu said:
The frontlines between Nazis and Soviets? You can sneak past them.

I've never played any starcraft game, so I don't know much about it, but I have heard the original SC and Brood War had excellent stories.

As long as Chris Metzen continues to do the story for Blizzard, then their stories aren't going to get better. I saw it happen with D3 and I really dislike his childish writing.

CostinMoroianu said:

Raynor - back then he didn't know that Kerrigan can be cured. Vengeance - well, now Kerrigan is more human, so it kinda ok that now she wants vengeance - it's normal human behavior. Infested Kerrigan treated her change like a gift. Human Kerrigan may feel different.

I'm not saying that SC2 has great story, it may have even have slightly worse story than SC1, but definitely there is no huge difference in quality.

Aver said:
I'm not saying that SC2 has great story, it may have even have slightly worse story than SC1, but definitely there is no huge difference in quality.

I strongly disagree with you there. StarCraft 1 may not have had a great story, but it had a great plot. SC2's plot does not make much sense as it seems they were more interested in shoving as many missions as possible (which from a gameplay perspective are done extremely well).

But it goes beyond that. I mean even a simple look at dialogue can show a huge difference. From Zeratul's monologue in SC1, or Mengsks' speech, to the childish and one-dimensional dialogue of SC2. I mean "some things are worth fighting for" really? I mean you already hit every clich in the book (geeky scientist, brutish merc, jamaican voodooist...etc).

It's also the huge OOCs they are pulling off. Regardless of what one thinks of Mengsk in SC1, he'd been turned into a joke in SC2. We are talking about a man who even when defeated by Kerrigan kept his composure, and now he freaks out in a press conference that he could have easily dealt with?

Finally Kerrigan. If one was paying attention, she was not a one-dimensional villain in SC1 and Brood War (the Overmind was). She was in fact multi-dimensional and she grew as a character, not to mention being awesome as opposed to her incompetent and mostly passive self in SC2. Now I'm afraid they are going to reduce her whole character to REVENGE, when she didn't care about it before.

And this is not to mention aggravating stupidities like Tassadar ADMIRING the Overmind as some sort of noble creature for resisting the Dark Voice WHEN IT HAD THE SAME OBJECTIVE ANYWAYS. To create the perfect hybrid and wipe the Protoss out.

Mengsk was such a dumbass in SC2. He has a news anchor openly talking smack about him in his "controlled" media and she even ends up being PROMOTED at the end.

LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom