Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
slimgrin said:
slimgrin said:
Downloaded Beyond Good and Evil HD last night. Game is great, once again I can't believe I slept on it for so long:(Looks like I'll spend my weekend going through this adventure since I'm sick and won't really go out (can't say I'm complaining though;D)
Heh, I've called in 'sick' to work before as well when a good game came out.....*cough, cough*;)
Heh, would you do it if you were developing The Witcher 2 aswell?

MM360 said:
Downloaded Beyond Good and Evil HD last night. Game is great, once again I can't believe I slept on it for so long:(Looks like I'll spend my weekend going through this adventure since I'm sick and won't really go out (can't say I'm complaining though;D)
Isn't it a bit ironic that it's only for consoles though? I thought pc's would go better with HD than consoles.

Hmmm. Good point Johan...but I'm sure they've all been working really hard and sometimes we need a break. :)

Well, I've got about 10 mods backing another run of DA. Mostly minor gameplay and UI stuff. So far they have really made the game more enjoyable. Dragon Age is a game I love to start, but unlike The Witcher, I've only finished it once. :( There are a number of reasons for this ( basically TW1 is a much better game ), but mainly combat gets too tedious. I get tired of micromanaging every single party member, with every single move they make, in every single battle...Which brings me to my question: has anyone had any luck with the tactics menu? I find it a bit confusing. I'll lay out some tactics, and one of my members will be standing there picking their nose while they are getting hacked to bits. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. I think if I can get the tactics working, I might enjoy the game more.

slimgrin said:
Which brings me to my question: has anyone had any luck with the tactics menu? I find it a bit confusing. I'll lay out some tactics, and one of my members will be standing there picking their nose while they are getting hacked to bits. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. I think if I can get the tactics working, I might enjoy the game more.
It works pretty well for me, though sometimes I do something that I think will be sensible, and the outcome surprises me.I'm sure you know that the lines are taken in order. So, if you have, for example, Enemy -- Nearest visible -- AttackNothing AFTER that line will be triggered unless there are no enemies on the field. Putting things in the right order is crucial.Often I want to have somebody do something to the toughest enemy -- have Morrigan cast Weakness or have Alistair do a Shield Bash or something -- but if I put this in their Tactics, then they go running after the toughest enemy first thing, even if he's fairly far away and there are a dozen enemies in the way. Similarly, if I tell them to do something to clusters of enemies, they'll stop fighting the single guy in front of them and go running around to corner to fight the trio there. So you do have to think quite hard about exactly what you want and observe your choices in action, then fine-tune them.The thing I find most helpful about the Tactics settings is to have everybody have taking a healing poultice when their health gets low as the first thing on their list. I find that I need to set the level of health at which they take it fairly high, though, because it seems as if it takes them awhile to actually get to it.Sometimes I've had my people just standing around and realized that I had the "stay where you are" thing turned on. Oops. :)

slimgrin said:
Which brings me to my question: has anyone had any luck with the tactics menu? I find it a bit confusing. I'll lay out some tactics, and one of my members will be standing there picking their nose while they are getting hacked to bits. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. I think if I can get the tactics working, I might enjoy the game more.
The tactics menu in dao is buggy, its about the worst ever made in a game.Sometimes tactics will work sometimes they don't, i did not use them as i like things working exactly like i set them up.There is one mod that improves the tactics but i have not used.If you want good tactics try FFXII one of the best tactics in any game and you can set your team in any way you like the combat to fight. It's not a PC game so you need a console.

Try this link http://social.bioware.com/project/861/ for advanced tactics 3.1, not used it myself but it's supposed to be good if you can figure how to use it.

slimgrin said:
in regard to the healing option there is this designation: .What's the difference?
25% - more than 25%what do you study in school there? here this is something that you study in like 6th 7th grade :p

Mauross said:
Mauross said:
in regard to the healing option there is this designation: .What's the difference?
25% - more than 25%what do you study in school there? here this is something that you study in like 6th 7th grade :p
Apparently, all they taught you was second-rate sarcasm, wherever 'here' is.

slimgrin said:
Well I can tell since I'm playing the game right now :)The difference is that you can decide when the character need to be healed"25%>" this one is wrong. In the game there's: =25% (less than/equal to 25% hp). If you decide that a 25% loss is enough you give the right tactic and it's done. Same if you decide than 75% is.About tactics: I find them pretty useful for certain character like Wynne, Leliana and Zevran. Especially for Wynne. Having a prompt healing\buff up is criucial in the middle of a battle. I use tactics for Alistair, Sten and Oghren too, though some of their ability are a bit confusing and some drain to much vigor when activated.The only character which I like to command myself is Morrigan: tactics for her can do a mess, because it's hard to find the best order. So I give her just those >25% tactics about mana and hp loss.

We have a DA topic, keep the discussion there.Started playing Portal yesterday, was quite fun (although I hate steam with all my hearth) but since the story itself is short I'm back to Witcher again. Have to see how the next Mount and blade turns out aswell once it's released.By the way, while I'm at it. Anyone here playing games that aren't video games? Personally I think I'll play Magic the Gathering while I wait for TW 2.

@secondchildren@MM360Hey, guys. I was looking at Amazon.com today, and Alice: Madness Returns is now listed as available on June 14. Gamespot says the same thing. The EA site is not very helpful, and hype has been very modest (that's a good thing from EA, actually), but we might really see a summer release in North America. I didn't find any info on a European release date, though.

JohanS said:
Heh, would you do it if you were developing The Witcher 2 aswell?
Nope, I love my job and I won't let sickness win;DUnfortunately I had to stay home yesterday but I'm back in full effect today=)

chlong7 said:
@secondchildren@MM360Hey, guys. I was looking at Amazon.com today, and Alice: Madness Returns is now listed as available on June 14. Gamespot says the same thing. The EA site is not very helpful, and hype has been very modest (that's a good thing from EA, actually), but we might really see a summer release in North America. I didn't find any info on a European release date, though.
I know, I know :DJust watched the gameplay on IGN..... gloating :D :D :D :DEDIT: Pre order right now. I'll dive in Jun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom