Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing other games

Being that last one got got side track we can talk other game we are playing In general plz do not use this thread to stick to one game thank you Also I like to thanks e-ahmet for reminding us that we are not just TW Fans but also we are Gamers ;-)

Dwarf Fortresshttp://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/Probably none of you heard of it, but you should try it. It's basically like stimulator of building dwarf fortress. Just a dozen megabytes to download.'Poor' graphics, but enormous amount of possibilities.

*cuts&pastes*I've been playing Darksiders. Actually, I finished it last night. Such a great game. I took me ~32 hours. I went with weapon upgrades and only maxed Blade Geyser of wrath powers. Lots of exploration, lots of useful collectibles. Not ****** of money you don't need like in AC2. Good story, nice art direction and excellent combat. At first I thought it could be a cheesy experience with so many similarities I've found with other games but it turned out well. Actually they made the game more enjoyable for me :) It's a fantasy action adventure game. Btw, I can't believe the word sh**load gets censored :D A little note, I didn't count the hours I was playing, the game does with its save file information. After I started to play I saw people telling how they finished the game in 15 hours etc, so the game wasn't worth it. I'd read that devs had said it would take 30-35 hours. I think the people who finish an adventure game in a rush are stupid. That's completely contradictory to the purpose of these games. You gotta search every nook and cranny in these games. That's the way to play these kinda games. You gotta stop and admire the environments, graphics, npc designs, even the soundtrack. If you rush through, how can you enjoy it I don't understand.

Netopier said:
Dwarf Fortresshttp://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
This looks cool it kind of take me back to the day yea befor some of you where born lol will give it a try when I have a chance thanks Netopier @ e-ahmet loved playing Darksider there supposed to be a Darksider 2 but they talked about not using war but one of the other horseman instead.IMO Think Darksider was better then Dantes Inferno and have played that one too the real funny part was ppl thought that Dantes Inferno would be a bigger hit then Darksider and it turned out to be the other way around.

According to Darksiders wiki, they'll all, four horsemen, be playable characters in Darksiders 2. Though that information may be outdated,
it was also what I thought while watching the end game movie. One of the coolest endings btw :)
I haven't played Dante's Inferno since I don't have a console but I'm glad I haven't after what I've heard about it so far.

Seeker said:
Seeker said:
Dwarf Fortresshttp://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
This looks cool it kind of take me back to the day yea befor some of you where born lol will give it a try when I have a chance thanks Netopier @ e-ahmet loved playing Darksider there supposed to be a Darksider 2 but they talked about not using war but one of the other horseman instead.IMO Think Darksider was better then Dantes Inferno and have played that one too the real funny part was ppl thought that Dantes Inferno would be a bigger hit then Darksider and it turned out to be the other way around.
You can sownload a toolset in dwarf fortress wiki, so it's not that bad.Also, I suggest you visit wiki often, as it can be kind of confusing.

@e-ahmet: A lot of my friends were playing this game at one point. I was going to but had too many other games and got sidetracked by them;p I might pick it up since it's on games on demand on XBL now. Overall it looks good.

MM360 said:
@e-ahmet: A lot of my friends were playing this game at one point. I was going to but had too many other games and got sidetracked by them;p I might pick it up since it's on games on demand on XBL now. Overall it looks good.
I recommend to get a console version as in pc version 99%of the QTE are removed and what is left is only silly button mashing. That is the only thing I didn't like about the game. Also it being a console game fundamentally, it has controls which would fit for a gamepad or 360 controller. I didn't have issues playing it with keyboard nonetheless, having played several console ports before. Still, I'm going to play it with a gamepad through my second play. Yes, I like QTE. Haters can hate me.

Sacred2 fallen Angel because I'm mite hook up with some friends over the weekend to play and want to bring my Shadow warrior a few levels before then.

I'm having my second ride with DAO. But still cannot find a single thing that I like, except than Morrigan and Alistair. I like see them arguing.So I guess my very first opinion of the game was really really correct: DAO is too simplistic for me. I'm talking about the story and the background, of course.Oh well, this is not the "Backbiting DAO" thread, right? Sorry :pI've taken a look around some new upcoming games: Alice Madness Returns is one of those I'm waiting for mostly. I was really addicted to the first AMAlice, so I won't lose this second chapter. :DPlus, yesterday I've seen this "Neverwinter 2011" and since I'm also a NWN addicted, I must say that I'm thrilled.Addiction is a very weird habit, uh? :D

I am playing Venetica, the combat is good and my character girl is attractive.The story is not bad either.

I had a really great time with Nier (Gestalt) for the PS3 recently. It's a quirky mix of genres, including a bit of text adventure, and I love the characters. I've also been playing and enjoying Thief 3 (can't get 1 and 2 running properly on my pc).

secondchildren said:
I've taken a look around some new upcoming games: Alice Madness Returns is one of those I'm waiting for mostly. I was really addicted to the first AMAlice, so I won't lose this second chapter. :D
A friend showed me some trailers last year and it looked very promising. When is this game supposed to drop?

MM360 said:
MM360 said:
I've taken a look around some new upcoming games: Alice Madness Returns is one of those I'm waiting for mostly. I was really addicted to the first AMAlice, so I won't lose this second chapter. :D
A friend showed me some trailers last year and it looked very promising. When is this game supposed to drop?
Quite a mistery so far. They say Q4 2011. Gamestop's recently shot Jun 2011. The fact is they haven't released any sys requirements yet neither a gameplay. Just three trailers. I guess the game is deeply wip.

@secondchildrenThe Q4 2011 estimate is the one to take seriously. It's an EA game, and if they're not hyping it already, it's not a summer release. Gamestop is being too optimistic with its placeholder date. The game looks like it might be worth the wait, though. Here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom