Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
volsung84 said:
I will wait until TW2 v2.0 comes out to re-play it and afterwards I'll play some good ol' jRPG's on my DSi. I have FF IV and Radiant Historia still unopened.

Yes... I basically play RPG's. I am a sucker for stories.

If you want a JRPG, "The Last Remnant" is pretty fun (at least the PC version, I heard the console version is horrible). The story is nothing special, but I like the battle system. Plus the genre is almost non-existent on PCs lately.

...okay, I just found an Easter Egg related to one of my favourite artists, Nivbed, in Vampire: Bloodlines. I had no idea he worked on it. My night has definitely been made :'D

Dona said:
...okay, I just found an Easter Egg related to one of my favourite artists, Nivbed, in Vampire: Bloodlines. I had no idea he worked on it. My night has definitely been made :'D

Nice find.

Btw, did you guys see the Final Fantasy poster in Deus Ex ? That was quite funny in my opinion :D

Pham said:
Nice find.

Btw, did you guys see the Final Fantasy poster in Deus Ex ? That was quite funny in my opinion :D

I just wonder why part of title was covered. Come on - it's the same company (Square Enix), I don't think they would mind free advert ;).

Dona said:
Niiiice.

Both Bloodlines and DE: HR are full of easter eggs. : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkuVJZ5Rk0Y
I'm really looking forward to Silent Hill: Downpour and love this new trailer. I know many hardcore SH fans hate it because of the music among other things, and the influence of Alan Wake and Deadly Premonition are pretty obvious too, but I'm curious about the outskirts of Silent Hill and Murphy looks like an interesting protagonist.
Yesterday night I started Silent Hill: Homecoming and though some people warned me not to expect too much of it, I've enjoyed it so far.

Anyone else found out that in DXHR Jensen has the same password to his computer that has JCDenton in DX1? :p

Pham said:
If you want a JRPG, "The Last Remnant" is pretty fun (at least the PC version, I heard the console version is horrible). The story is nothing special, but I like the battle system. Plus the genre is almost non-existent on PCs lately.

Well I am not the biggest fan of JRPG's but I am trying to catch up!

I heard that The Last Remnant was pretty good, and that was from a guy who plays shooters and sandbox games like GTA. I'll have to give it a try whenever it's on sale!

Pham said:
@volsung84... are you me? I also have PC and NDSi as my gaming platforms. I've only had Sega Mega Drive 2 (Sega Genesis) before, it was my first and only console.

Maybe I am your long lost twin... or not :p

Pham said:
Are there any good NDS RPGs you could recommend me? I've only played puzzle/logic games so far and my DSi needs more love before Professor Layton 4 comes out :]

I only recently started playing JRPG's as I was too much a fan of western RPGs a-la Baldur's Gate. So, in my opinion, the term RPG is sometimes used loosely in consoles (role-playing is very limited) but some are actually great games.

Since you didn't have a Super Nintendo, you HAVE to play Chrono Trigger. It's such a wonderful game. In fact, stop what you're doing right now and go get it. If you are unfamiliar with it (probably not) then you only need to know that it is the JRPG equivalent of those marvelous fantasy movies from the 80's that you never tire of watching. Ok I'll share a little more: you play as Crono, a kid from an average medieval town who goes to the fair to see his friend's newest invention. It happens that this invention malfunctions (as usual) and you end up discovering time travel, with unexpected consequences which lead to the discovery of a mysterious...force... which threatens to destroy the world as we know it, sometime, somewhere.

As I said, I have Final Fantasy IV and Radiant Historia still unopened. Radiant Historia is an Atlus game (thus, probably a limited "western" release) and, like Chrono Trigger, deals with time travel. It has "retro" style graphics and looks very awesome. So I would definitely recommend it. Will recommend it more after I actually play it.

You may also be interested in another Atlus RPG, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor. I played it for about 30 minutes (don't own it) and it was pretty engaging. It uses a modern setting where these demonic beings invade Tokyo during summer vacation and it's up to three kids to save the world. By the way, what is it with jRPG's and kids saving the world? Are adults too busy to care?

I would have overlooked "Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story" but it came bundled with my DSi, so I played it. It is surprisingly entertaining and funny (Nintendo's dorky humor of course). It's an innovative japanese Action-RPG, where you take "control" of each players actual attacks, which are based on timing and coordination. The story is well executed, and you get to use Mario, Luigi AND Bowser! You explore the whole Mushroom kingdom and talk to lots of people, there's lots of minigames to play, and many hidden things to discover.

Anything else? Just ask :)

Been playing some League of Legends lately with some friends, anyone want to join ? Everyone is welcome :) I mainly do customs, I don't like playing with randoms.

So the BF3 Beta is starting at the 29th, same day as the 2.0 update. What am I going to choose? Anybody else have this dilemma?

Chief said:
So the BF3 Beta is starting at the 29th, same day as the 2.0 update. What am I going to choose? Anybody else have this dilemma?

No, I'm not a FPS player :) I only sometimes play CoD4. I will probably get BF3 once it comes out though.

Thanks for the recommendations, volsung! I've heard of Chrono Trigger, but never took my time to look it up. I'll definitely check it out now, it sounds fun! Medieval, time travelling? Here I cooome!

Oh, Atlus games - yes, a must-get. Yeah, it's funny when you get to play with a bunch of kids. At least they usually sound smarter than most regular kids their age, right?

I-I'll admit I haven't played any other Mario game than the classic Super Mario.I was so weirded out when I watched a youtube video a while ago and realised he has a voice O_O;

As for Silent Hill... I feel the games really changed after SH3. I enjoyed them for that silent terror, the subtleness, it's not hard to guess SH2 is my favourite. Now they are just making it into action-adventure horror and, since it's no longer being made my Japanese Team Silent, I expect it to lose all its subtleness. This is not to say Downpour is going to be a bad game, but they really should cut the cord and make a new franchise. Way, way too many developers are riding the 'rehashed old franchise' train right now.

Oh, and I just found the Nosferatu in VtM:B, yaaay. It was such a boring section of the game, but it seems to be back to the good old fun now.

Chief said:

Waited for BF3 too long now, so yeah, time to pwn some n00bs :D

To all DE:HR fans...watch out for the side effects! :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG41bXO0mGs[/media]

I especially love how he sneaks around in the office and runs away to the kitchen after being discovered, but the whole video is hilarious. :p

I'm planning on playing some Diablo 2. (D3 beta videos made me do it :p). I never played it very much so maybe some D2 veterans have some tips for me ? Planning on using the Sorceress.

Pham said:
I'm planning on playing some Diablo 2. (D3 beta videos made me do it :p). I never played it very much so maybe some D2 veterans have some tips for me ? Planning on using the Sorceress.

If you plan to play on higher difficulty, sorceress might be a direct ticket to a downfall. I strongly suggest Druid... :D

AnarkiHunter said:
If you plan to play on higher difficulty, sorceress might be a direct ticket to a downfall. I strongly suggest Druid... :D

Sorry, I am not a friend of nature :D. Plus I always play Frost Mages in every game possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom