Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last game that I've played seriously was Alice the Madness Returns, during Christmas holidays :D That game is genius and awesome, like a dream (or a nightmare) in the shape of a game :) I'm also playing League of Legends (and very few DOTA2, Path of Exile or Diablo 3) with friends in night :)

HomemComH said:
Their only source of inspiration should be Thief 1 and Thief 2.
I have to ask, why? Only because I've heard this more than once and am curious why Thief 3 isn't considered as good. It's the only one I played and thought it pretty enjoyable, and someone told me there was a lot of backlash upon release (T3 seemed 'streamlined' in comparison or something like that?)

I'm starting T1 for real this weekend, guess I can look forward to it.

Yeah, the backlash was mostly due to streamlining and technical problems. In comparison to the first two games, a few features were missing (swimming, rope arrows), the movement felt a lot clunkier and levels were generally much smaller. Some of the lore was also problematic in some places.

Personally though, I liked Thief 3. Unlike the reboot, I feel the devs hearts were in the right place, most of what went wrong was the technical stuff.

Dragon said:
I came here to see what other people were playing...instead I got a philosophical discussion on art and equality. Damn it KoP, stop philosophizing all over the place!

Also, I am now avoiding the new TR game. />/>/>

Oh, don't you worry, dear, TR is still fun. I play it for exploration and tomb raiding (and there are quite a few tombs to raid there). There is nothing worrisome with a story, just a regular fair - Lara being portrayed as more man than any human-shaped entity with a dick attached. It's not like we did not see it coming. ;)/>/> Though with an amount of injuries Lara sustains a writer feels a bit sadistic - you do not need that much to make a point.

And so nice to see that some young and idealistic still believe that they can make this world a better place. Makes me jealous.

Portrayal of rape in Far Cry 3, and the entire story with Keith was quite good. May be a bit of cliche, but it was a cliche from real life. The big guy was way too cocky and arrogant, but once on the island he was completely broken, sold as a sex-slave to Buck, and was unable even to lift his ass from the cot till Jason Brody he kind of harassed before dropped in to save him. Should we feel sorry for him? Probably, but sure as hell not as much as when a girl is raped. But may be I am just a dumb misogynistic Russian, I do not know.

I guess I should try to play Alice. If it is as crazy as it sounds, that would be fun.

I still have Thief 1-3 from GOG installed. Played like 10 times each over the years. I will gladly buy the next one and expect it to be as good. Hope dies last, right?

I just finished TR. Even tho story wasn't great, I really liked game. Gameplay, level design, exploration aspect etc. was really good. If they polish this formula a little bit (better story, more open levels, more jumping puzzles) it can be great series. Also I hope that in next game Lara will travel around different locations. I really liked this aspect in previous TR games.

Just got TR now, played the intro something tells me this game is going to be a way too easy game.

Aver said:
Also I hope that in next game Lara will travel around different locations. I really liked this aspect in many previous games.

My gf really loved how the old Lara changed outfits every chapter/location, thought it was the greatest thing ever when she was a kid.

guipit said:
Just got TR now, played the intro something tells me this game is going to be way too easy game.

My gf really loved how the old Lara changed outfits every chapter/location, thought it was the greatest thing ever when she was a kid.

I recommend playing on hard.

slimgrin said:
I recommend playing on hard.

I've been playing Diablo 2 again and I wonder why it keeps pulling me back. I tried D3 but didn't really enjoy it, but D2 just feels better. I love the Barbarian's shouts, warcries, and Matt Uelmen's soundtrack. Hell, everything in the game conspires against the player and I haven't found any other ARPG that does it so well, even with D2's outdated mechanics.

I can't believe I'm playing a game released 13 years ago that still feels amazing to me.

I have to be honest, the new Tomb Raider game does look really good now that I have researched it more. It looks like a well done Uncharted game, and I love the Uncharted series. I might get it after all.

I'm weak. I just ordered Simcity even tho it has this infamous always online DRM. I did it because:
a) It looks like really good game.
b) I really wanted to play casual "virtual playground" game for a long time.
c) My friends reported that game is now stable and there are no queues anymore.

So yeah, I'm supporting the devil.

Dona said:
A TR/Uncharted fan friend described it as "better than Uncharted" so there you go :D/>

Blasphemy!

Eh, though I shouldn't say anything when I haven't even played TR. And I don't think that is happening any time soon. Anyways, got AC3 today. About frikkin time! I've been waiting too long for this. After my exams are over, I'll play this game to death. Then after that comes Bioshock Infinite.

TR is getting really silly, this is the like the 8th time Lara fell and did some sliding on waterfall or some shit also this hawaiian guy gave me space age looking bow. Wtf is this shit.

They say this game is only good till you get the shotgun which sounds about right but I didn't finish it yet.

Dragon said:
I have to be honest, the new Tomb Raider game does look really good now that I have researched it more. It looks like a well done Uncharted game, and I love the Uncharted series. I might get it after all.

I have finished the game and it is very good, don't know about uncharted as i have not played the game.

It is by far the best game of 2013 for me so far and even though it is an action adventure game it is more of an RPG than ME3.

Lara is one of the best made up characters i have ever seen in a game.
The only weaknesses of the game are the many QTE's and the map is a little confusing plus it needed a little more interaction with her friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom