Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, new DLC to Sleeping Dogs is amazing. Wei is demoted to normal cop - 'uniform'. You arrest people for small crimes etc. It's so different from main game. Great stuff.

Volsung said:
So what do you guys think about those Alan Wake games? Since they're on sale on GOG...
"While at first glance this looked like a great game - I was looking forward to it for some time - it soon disappointed me horribly. The beginning was promising, only to become a tedious, boring variation of 16-second-cutscenes and 10 minutes of run-through-the-woods-while-taken-chase-you bit. Unnerving indeed. The story is nothing new, but fitting, the problem is that finding the manuscript pages is pretty much an ingame-spoiler that tells you exactly what is going to happen in the next cutscene. I was really hoping forward to an intelligently written, atmospheric horror game - that is probably why I didn't enjoy it much. You can say that this is my personal problem, but I don't think there's many people out there that are searching for something like this when there are better action- and horrorgames out there, while Alan Wake is a mediocre fusion of both. I'm not even going to start on how terribly clunky console-ported controls feel at times because this seems to be standard in the industry as of now."

Not scary, not fun, not anything. And clunky as hell. Plus, Alan Wake's every other sentence
is Stephen King this, Stephen King that... man, i like Stephen King, a lot, and this game has
NOTHING to do with King. And with so much hype behind it, game is horrible disappointment.

Volsung said:
So what do you guys think about those Alan Wake games? Since they're on sale on GOG...

AW is a great game.. great atmosphere - maybe not a horror not a great thriller like atmosphere... i personally enjoyed it big time because it resembled Twin Peaks (which is for me the best live TV series of all time)... great dialog, very good story, fantastic graphics, good combat system, one of the best PC ports of the last years (played great on a mouse+keyboard, runs great on a 5 year old PC), the lighting effects are one of the best in games overall, great OST, and it's more Max Payne game than Max Payne 3 (which wasn't terrible but for me as a MP fan nothing special).. overall great game and the retail version was great too ... i just don't have anything bad to tell about this game... AW:AN is too a good game, but you must know that it's a spinoff of the original, it's more action based, more open gameplay based, it's more shorter and more arcade-ish.. good game but nothing special.. i would rate AW maybe 9/10 (definitely worth the money) and AW:AN something between 6 - 7 from 10

Aver said:
Damn, new DLC to Sleeping Dogs is amazing. Wei is demoted to normal cop - 'uniform'. You arrest people for small crimes etc. It's so different from main game. Great stuff.

Are there more gun fights? I really thought the gun fights were underutilized in that game. I'd love an excuse to jump back in and Kung Fu some gangsta ass.

Kodaemon said:
No surprises there. This was originally going to be the "Enter the Dominatrix" DLC for SR3.

It seems they're passing the expansion off as a sequel. This is going to backfire huge on both Volition and Deep Silver. Fucking stupid idea. Now I'm pissed. I wanted a brand new city, better graphics...and it all looks the same as SR3.

slimgrin said:
I wanted a brand new city, better graphics...and it all looks the same as SR3.

GTA 5 looks the same as GTA 4 (at least mostly), I don't really see a problem there />

Bought divinity 2 on gog during sale. Anybody have any idea how to improve it? I feel like im playing single player mmo.

The running animation for men in Div II is atrocious. It seems effeminate, unnatural. Why the hell is Skyrim so popular when this was released earlier.

slimgrin said:
Are there more gun fights? I really thought the gun fights were underutilized in that game. I'd love an excuse to jump back in and Kung Fu some gangsta ass.

Yes there is more gun fights. There are more enemies with guns and Wei after promotion has constant access to shotgun.

Playing the SD DLC...Jesus. Modern games. Go here, do that, follow this. I'm so sick of it. Will devs ever quit hand holding? There is nothing organic about modern games.

After ragging on Sleeping Dogs for dumbing shit down (and it does, like most open world games) I feel the need to say the combat car chases are among the coolest experiences in gaming. Holy shit, are they something else.

Glaroug said:
Doing some Jolly Co-Operation. PRAISE THE SUN!!!

I never succeeded in getting summoned for some reason, and I usually fail at summoning people too :(
I can invade and get invaded without a problem though - I guess my destiny is to be a darkwraith.

slimgrin said:
Playing the SD DLC...Jesus. Modern games. Go here, do that, follow this. I'm so sick of it. Will devs ever quit hand holding? There is nothing organic about modern games.

Dishonored devs explained why it is like that. When they didn't have hand-holding waypoints in Dishonored then more than half of testers were stuck and they didn't know what to do next. This is disadvantage of games being mainstream - half of gamers are morons.

I wouldn't even say they're morons, it's just that today's gamers have been pavlovian conditioned to expect hand-holding, linearity and heavy scripting.

Kodaemon said:
...that today's gamers have been pavlovian conditioned to expect hand-holding, linearity and heavy scripting.

Then why is every gamer I know frustrated about these things the same as you. I don't think it's the gamers' fault, but rather it's easier for devs to make shitty games.

cmdrflashheart said:
Then why is every gamer I know frustrated about these things the same as you. I don't think it's the gamers' fault, but rather it's easier for devs to make shitty games.

Because on gaming forums/sites hang out mostly core gamers. So called casual gamers aren't active on sites and they don't hang out with other gamers. They don't even consider themselves as gamer - gaming is like watching TV for them. I read quite few forums - TW forums, BioWare Network, Eurogamer, GOG, Videogamer and occasionally comment section of RPS. And on every of those sites I see the same people. I see 300-500 regular users on those sites. And how many copies of popular games are being sold? Something around 3M-10M of copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom