Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any way, I'll wait till the fanboy-fever pass after the release of the game and then I'll read a loooooooooot of reviews before buy it. In this case, patience will be te best skill.

Ahh i dont know,when DA:I releases,at that time i will be too busy playing or anticipating and looking for almost release news about TW3...
Dont want to waste time on bioware...

Agbeth said:
Anyone know any decent Sci-fi game. I was looking for quite some time now but the market is way too overcrowded with military shooters or medieval fantasy RPGs and now I lost hope finding one myself.

I have both System Shocks, all Deus Ex, Far Cry Blood Dragon, Warhammer rts games and Metro 2033 but didn't like it and never finished it. Don't like Bioware games in general so Mass Effect, Kotor will not work.

If anyone knows any that are not ancient feel free to share. Prefer on PC but can be on X360 or even PS2 if its something extraordinary

Homeworld.

Agbeth said:
Anyone know any decent Sci-fi game. I was looking for quite some time now but the market is way too overcrowded with military shooters or medieval fantasy RPGs and now I lost hope finding one myself.

I have both System Shocks, all Deus Ex, Far Cry Blood Dragon, Warhammer rts games and Metro 2033 but didn't like it and never finished it. Don't like Bioware games in general so Mass Effect, Kotor will not work.

If anyone knows any that are not ancient feel free to share. Prefer on PC but can be on X360 or even PS2 if its something extraordinary

Ever hear of Precursors? Its a Russian open world/sandbox FPS/RPG hybrid...with some space fighter sim elements thrown in. Sounds like a hot mess but its actually pretty good. PC only. Be sure and apply ALL of the official and unofficial patches though, especially the one from Wesp-he also does the ongoing Vampire, the Masquerade: Bloodlines patch.

Gamersgate has it for around $10

http://whatculture.com/gaming/fallout-4-10-rumours-you-should-actually-believe.php

What a garbage read. Kinda had hopes until I saw vehicles. Sigh. Should have known better.

Bought Divinity: Dragon Commander from Steam the other day (couldn't get it to work on GoG for some reason) and I encountered this bug when everytime I start a game (any game mode) the game freezes and sends me to Windows main screen.

Anyone know what I should do? I can't seem to find a fix to this bug.

This is just divine retribution for not buying the game from GOG, you know :p

But really, try contacting these guys, and include your sys specs- http://www.larian.com/dragoncommander_support.php

Got my pre-order copy of Killer is Dead today. Best pre-order incentive I've gotten, 80 page artbook, soundtrack, and some little dlc. All bundled in a cool package.

The game is definitely the most out there game by Suda51, in my opinion. Gameplay takes a little getting used to, but is along the lines of most of their games. And gigolo missions are most certainly not what I thought it would be. Give it a go some more tomorrow and see how much weirder it will get.

Csszr said:
Got my pre-order copy of Killer is Dead today. Best pre-order incentive I've gotten, 80 page artbook, soundtrack, and some little dlc. All bundled in a cool package.

The game is definitely the most out there game by Suda51, in my opinion. Gameplay takes a little getting used to, but is along the lines of most of their games. And gigolo missions are most certainly not what I thought it would be. Give it a go some more tomorrow and see how much weirder it will get.

From what I saw its pretty weird, and it had a very "interesting" marketing campaign :D.

With the world settling in around me, I've journeyed back to Britannia, where I just bought a spaceship and a flying car. There's nothing like dismounting my trusty horse to take a spin in my flying car :)

And you certainly don't realize just how useful a map is in an RPG until its gone :(

Red0oG said:
From what I saw its pretty weird, and it had a very "interesting" marketing campaign :D/>/>.

Yeah it's alright. Now that I've played more though, ugh clunky ass controls.

Edit: Anyone wanting to play this might also want to turn the volume down, lest your wife/girlfriend hear what you are doing in the gigolo missions. :p Or if you still live at home with your parents.

I´ve postponed my Baldur´s Gate playthrough (I know, heresy!!), because Europa Universalis IV released. What can I say? I absolutely love grand strategy games!!!
If any of you like those kind of games, give it a try. Great game!(if you don´t know what kind of game I´m talking about, think about the Total War series, but without played battles and more complex empire-management gameplay)

THE MACHINE FOR PIGS is HERE!!! />/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

I know many old friends from the forum have been waiting for months and months for this game -AMNESIA: a Machine for Pigs)-, I myself am a great fan of Amnesia (previous similar game), and Im planning to get this from GOG (you save 4 bucks if you preorder before Sept 10th).

Here is the first 30 min of the game, as played by Kevin Van Ord(Gamespot). If you want a totally-fresh-unspoiled experience though, just dont click on the link bellow. :p/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

[media]http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=amnesia-a-machine-for-pigs-20130830[/media]

Just 3 more days until Rome 2 comes out. Can't wait for it.

I think Simon Templeman might be doing the part of the military advisor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9K2_6I4-L4

1 minute 25 seconds.

CostinMoroianu said:
Just 3 more days until Rome 2 comes out. Can't wait for it.

I think Simon Templeman might be doing the part of the military advisor:

1 minute 25 seconds.

Im REALLY hopefull for a Carthaginian campaign that kicks ass... :p

I might get lynched for this, but DA:I looks quite good. FB3 is a powerful engine and the environments are clearly bigger than anything Bioware has ever done, though seemingly empty at this stage. Observe the smooth and varied running animations as well. When the PC runs uphill or on flat ground, the animation adjusts.

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

slimgrin said:
I might get lynched for this, but DA:I looks quite good. FB3 is a powerful engine and the environments are clearly bigger than anything Bioware has ever done, though seemingly empty at this stage. Observe the smooth and varied running animations as well. When the PC runs uphill or on flat ground, the animation adjusts.

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

whatever... :p/>

Lately, and despite all the "promising news" that have been popping up regarding DA:I, I've been really entertaining the idea of avoiding the game alltogether, just as a matter of principle (and as a backlash of the crap that DA2 was...).

I admit that may be a little foolish or overeacting... :p/> But for sure, IN THE CASE it turns to be a good game and one I have a genuine interest in, DA:I will only be a bargain bin case. Take that EA.

Is anyone planning on grabbing BG2 Enhanced Edition? The "enhanced" bits look pretty underwhelming. And why release it 13 years later?

I am the proud owner of Pokemon Leaf Green, which is very much the same as BG2:EE. Pretty much the same thing with an enhanced engine and more content--and its freaking awesome. I bet BG2:EE will bring you old timers glorious joy

......Speaking of Pokemon........

--It tells a story not unlike the old RPGs like Ultima: The First Age of Darkness, where the player must defeat the big bad. Simple, but with the limited space of Gameboy memory, you can't have Planescape: Torment. Furthermore, the later games do tell pretty darn good stories and have you set back and think a little.

--It has turn-based party combat with set rules and strategy.

--Its old and well loved

--Filled with RPG elements of leveling, loot, and exploration.

Can we declare it a cRPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom