Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glaroug said:
Is anyone planning on grabbing BG2 Enhanced Edition? The "enhanced" bits look pretty underwhelming. And why release it 13 years later?

No, and it's being released now because a different company, Beamdog/Overhaul, wants to make money off of it and the community patches released in the last 13 years. You are aware of the existance of BG1:EE, right?

Glaroug said:
I bet BG2:EE will bring you old timers glorious joy

Sarcasm? Anyway, Everybody can get a BG/BG2 EE from GOG after manually patching. And chances are, like with BG:EE, it will only be available through Steam.

Glaroug said:
Can we declare it a cRPG? />/>/>/> />/>/>/>

I had lots of fun with Chrono Trigger and a couple of other games like that, but I generally don't consider any jRPG to be an RPG. Nothing you can do, ever, can change the outcome of any single minuscule thing. The only case I know are a couple of the optional "quests" in Chrono Trigger, but those are largely irrelevant for the general game progression.

So no :p/>/>/>

Sarcasm? Anyway, Everybody can get a BG/BG2 EE from GOG after manually patching. And chances are, like with BG:EE, it will only be available through Steam.

Sort of, hehe. That Wikipedia write up smelt of money, but its nice to know I can just manually update anyway (wish I did that for Baldur' s Gate :) )

Glaroug said:
Sort of, hehe. That Wikipedia write up smelt of money, but its nice to know I can just manually update anyway (wish I did that for Baldur' s Gate :)/> )

I don't think I was clear enough. BG EE is an overhaul by Overhaul/Beamdog (some ex Bioware employees) which consists of the original BG with TotSC, many community patches (widescreen support, larger fonts), some developer tweaks (smoother HD support but lots of blurring) and some additional content (3 new companions, areas with quests, etc.).

You can't "update" and get the EE like you would with The Witcher, because BG EE is a standalone commercial release. However, all these fixes are essentially community fixes that you can get for free. You can't convert the classic BG from discs or GOG into the EE, but you can make it look almost the same, using patches and BG/Easy Tutu. If you played BG with Tutu, widescreen support and larger fonts, then you already had a version "enhanced" enough.

Lastly, Hasbro (I think) recalled all copies of BGEE (formerly sold through Beamdog) and it is currently only available through Steam. Nothing good came out of this.

I loved DA:O, specially the begining (the dwarf quests were very long and endless claustrophobically) But I missed an alternative end (the dragon always dies).(In FO:NV there's some diversity of endings)

Maybe I'm lucky this time and BW make something original (from them) and let room for differents endings too. (OK, but dreaming is freee!!!)

Wichat said:
Thank gods there's a different taste for everyone ;)/>/>

Well if everyone had my tastes.. They'd all be drinking mountain dew and vodka constantly. ;)

What was your favourite area?

Csszr said:
Well if everyone had my tastes.. They'd all be drinking mountain dew and vodka constantly. ;)/>/>

What was your favourite area?

First, always Ostagar, then Denerim, and then the Circle Tower

I usually rounded out the Man's Tower first, not a fan of it really(Ostagar withstanding of course, it's really the first). And always Denerim last.

CostinMoroianu said:
The environments of DA:I are really empty compared to what we see in Witcher game.

I noticed that. I feel the art of open world design lies in obscuring parts of the landscape so the player is compelled to explore it. DA:I doesn't seem to do that aside from the caves.

Alright, just finished Killer is Dead. Out of the five Grasshopper/Suda51 games I've played this one is almost my favourite of them(Shadows of the Damned being on top). It's certainly the most odd of any of his games, but likable story and characters nonetheless.

The clunky camera and controls do get better as you get used to them. Another complaint is in a couple of spots where I had to button mash. But thankfully it's just a few. Like most of his games it's made with replayabilty in mind as you're scored on missions and such. Good amount of side missions, some better than others. The riding/driving motorcycle ones suck. Towards the end combat does get a lot easier with all your upgrades, I'll be doing my hard and very hard runs soon.

The gigolo missions still made me feel creepy as hell.

Edit: It is rather very short as well. Completing the main story, gigolo, a few of the Scarlett challenges, and a few sub missions took about 9 1/2 hours.

The gigolo missions still made me feel creepy as hell.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nSKkwzwdW4[/media]

I played Saints Row 3 after grabbing it from the Humble Silver Bundle and it was a very goofy at times. Ultima: The First Age of Darkness makes Saints Row look as straight as the Pope. Its so freaking goofy and awesome.

In the land of Solaria, I, Glaroug, a brave bobbit must save the land from the Evil Wizard Mondain. But alas! He is unstoppable in this age! No matter cries Lord British! Simply by using a time machine, I can strike him when he's weak!

So far, I've gathered the 4 jewels needed to power the time machine. But I couldn't go yet! What is a hero without a prophecy?! According to the manualprophecy:

Before the archmage Mondain can be defeated, one's mettle will first have to be tested in the farthest reaches of the heavens. 'Tis said that the Evil One has formed alliances with starwalking monsters of unparalleled savagery.

Should a champion emerge from the mists of legend, the means by which to combat menace from the skies will appear--so say the prophets

Warp-speed ahead!

slimgrin said:
I noticed that. I feel the art of open world design lies in obscuring parts of the landscape so the player is compelled to explore it. DA:I doesn't seem to do that aside from the caves.

BW keeps trying to superficially one-up every AAA RPG in every field.

The TW3 shirt giveaway at Gamescom was pure marketing genious, watch the Namco Bandai youtube channel promote TW3 in a Dark Souls II video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFHIx5khb0U

Especially funny when you consider CDPR and Namco Bandai's somewhat strained relationship :p

I've been playing Eador Masters of the Broken World, and it's such a strange game. It's awfully repetitive and does not have any completely unique aspects, but it's not boring. Basically, you use heroes to gain territory on a "shard", and when you siege and take over the stronghold of your competitor(s) on a shard, you win..then you do that all over again. I have only acquired four or five shards at Expert, so I am not that ahead in the main story campaign, but I am waiting for the game to do something interesting or unpredictable.

So far I think this game is kind of like pizza- enjoyable, despite not being anything special.

cmdrsilverbolt said:
I've been playing Eador Masters of the Broken World, and it's such a strange game. It's awfully repetitive and does not have any completely unique aspects, but it's not boring. Basically, you use heroes to gain territory on a "shard", and when you siege and take over the stronghold of your competitor(s) on a shard, you win..then you do that all over again. I have only acquired four or five shards at Expert, so I am not that ahead in the main story campaign, but I am waiting for the game to do something interesting or unpredictable.

So far I think this game is kind of like pizza- enjoyable, despite not being anything special.
Pizza nothing special?!

Kodaemon said:
The TW3 shirt giveaway at Gamescom was pure marketing genious, watch the Namco Bandai youtube channel promote TW3 in a Dark Souls II video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFHIx5khb0U

Especially funny when you consider CDPR and Namco Bandai's somewhat strained relationship :p/>

Yep. I watched it for DS2 and was so glad to see TW3 t-shirts! Both games are on the very top of my 2014 list.
Just watched first gameplay DS2 vid again. Two bastards corner you in a dark room - you died. Dwarf throws an axe at you - you died. Dragon destroys the bridge - you died. The Chariot runs you over - you died. I instantly got ecstatic Can't wait to play it, and DS2 will be the game I am planing on playing till TW3 is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom