Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
vivaxardas said:
Yep. I watched it for DS2 and was so glad to see TW3 t-shirts! Both games are on the very top of my 2014 list.
Just watched first gameplay DS2 vid again. Two bastards corner you in a dark room - you died. Dwarf throws an axe at you - you died. Dragon destroys the bridge - you died. The Chariot runs you over - you died. I instantly got ecstatic /> Can't wait to play it, and DS2 will be the game I am planing on playing till TW3 is out.

Dark souls 2 looks amazing,its a pre order for sure,also those cloth physics are incredible,cant wait to play :)

Bought a few new games that i'm currently playing first it's Rome 2 which is decent enough aside from a few technical issues and mediocre AI but it looks that it will last a while, Rayman Legends which is great too, Castlevania Lord of Shadow PC and it's pretty fun though the camera can be extremely annoying, Spelunky and Saints Row IV so i've a bit to do.

Vort3x said:
Bought a few new games that i'm currently playing first it's Rome 2 which is decent enough aside from a few technical issues and mediocre AI but it looks that it will last a while, Rayman Legends which is great too, Castlevania Lord of Shadow PC and it's pretty fun though the camera can be extremely annoying, Spelunky and Saints Row IV so i've a bit to do.

rome 2?

just found this,what a great optimization this game has
:

http://gamegpu.ru/rts-/-strategii/total-war-rome-ii-test-gpu.html (it ruusian,just skip to the benchmarks )

The game is good,but these total war games are real assassins of cpu's(and gpu's too)

The games murders amd cpu's in cold blood and maybe 2 intel cpu's have a chance...damn thats cruel

Vort3x said:

The enemy's AI has been always the weakest element in their games... and it has plagued them since the first Shogun.
I remember "allies" that went crazy, declare war on you and backstabbed you after you saved their ass, on Empire Total War...

If the diplomatic arena has been fairly improved, and the campaigns have enough political flavour (as advertised) it will be enough for me... After the open heist on fans that Napoleon Total War was, ANYTHING is better. :p/>/>/>

@Alex yeah i mean i've got i7 3930k 4,5 ghz and more than enough graphic power and still i get not so good fps sometimes nothing near unplayable though so it could be way worse but it's still well the best word should be annoying especially since poor optimization is such a common problem in many games guess a patch is out not before too long :) .

@Jack, i've had that particular problem in Medieval 2 and even Shogun 2 so absolutely poor AI have ealways plague the series but with all improvements and all fun full scale wars i think i can overlook it for now, it's absolutely a fun game

So I made some progress in Alpha Protocol. Now that I got over the controls, which I still think are awkward, I have managed to enjoy the gameplay more. I like sneaking in and either taking down inconspicuous guards or, if necessary, head shotting them :p I like pistols so most of my points have gone into stealth and pistols, with sabotage as a third option and most of the rest into assault rifles for those inevitable shootouts.

I decided to go to Moscow first which, in retrospect, was probably not the best place to go right after Saudi Arabia. But I enjoyed it nonetheless. I then went to Rome which seems a lot more laid back, with lots of dialogue driven missions instead of the action sequences of Moscow (could have used all these newly opened talents there). I am about to start what seems to be the last part of Rome (going to the museum) and then it's off to Taipei.

I've actually started to enjoy the game. I think in general the plot is innovative and exciting but some dialogue sequences are a bit dry. Also I'd like to actually get a chance to develop Mike's personality and not just choose what attitude he happens to have at the moment.

Anyway. I got this game for super cheap so I can't complain. It does remind me of Deus Ex: Human Revolution but with some actual role-playing opportunities. I prefer the gameplay of DX:HR however. Maybe someday we will have a mix of both?

Ordered Sleeping Dogs the other day to stem me until Gta 5. Saw it has a good bit of dlc, if I like the game enough I'll probably get them. Anyone here played it?

I played Bioshock Infinite -- it has an amazing story. For me, it's up there with TW, though there's certainly more depth to TW.

CostinMoroianu said:
Just 3 more days until Rome 2 comes out. Can't wait for it.

I think Simon Templeman might be doing the part of the military advisor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9K2_6I4-L4

1 minute 25 seconds.

For what Ive been seeing of gameplay (not reading reviews) this baby is bugged as hell...

Not to mention some fucking "arcadey" elements that they thought sound to add like "defend the flag at "x" point", which totally eliminates the freedom of positioning and taking advantage of terrain in tactical battles...

And from what Ive seen, "diplomacy" is sooo dumbed down that is literally a joke...

Yeah, I'll stay clear of this, and even if I get it eventually, it will be after being patched and special sale or bargain bin oportunity.

It's a shame that after more than 10 years of making esentially the same game they havent figured this shit out yet, and keep feeding the fans their rushed buggy games at launch... />/>

Jackinthegreen said:
For what Ive been seeing of gameplay (not reading reviews) this baby is bugged as hell...

Not to mention some fucking "arcadey" elements that they thought sound to add like "defend the flag at "x" point", which totally eliminates the freedom of positioning and taking advantage of terrain in tactical battles...

And from what Ive seen, "diplomacy" is sooo dumbed down that is literally a joke...

Yeah, I'll stay clear of this, and even if I get it eventually, it will be after being patched and special sale or bargain bin oportunity.

It's a shame that after more than 10 years of making esentially the same game they havent figured this shit out yet, and keep feeding the fans their rushed buggy games at launch... />/>/>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxkMj3C1jkk

"Rome was not patched in a day."

It seems for once I picked useful talents in this kind of games. In Alpha Protocol, back when I finished Moscow, the last encounter was pretty tough and involved me running around a lot and shooting Konstantin (I think?) in the head with the first level of chain shot.

This time, as soon as Marbourg showed up in the museum, I expected something similar. But what do you know, with my current level of chain shot I simply aimed at his head and emptied all five shots on him which ended the fight right away!

So whoever played this game, what did you choose? Madison or the bomb?

I personally decided to save Madison because I am fed up with characters who cannot fulfill their personal relationships because of some obscure code of conduct or duty. Granted, I let an act of terrorism unfold, but let's be honest: the museum was pretty much empty, regardless of what I was told. And considering I saved a few security guards they should have evacuated the building while I took care of things.

Will this affect anything? Would this have affected anything in Moscow?

Has anyone played the new Ninja Turtles game? Saw a little gameplay and it looks rather average. And what is up with this weird pseudo dubstep/bongo music? No!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUi95c63zDo[/media]

Guest 2091327

If there is dumbstep in that video, I'm not playing it!!

The defend flag scenario only occurs when an army sallies forth from a settlement, either you or the enemy. It is done to remove the bullshit that accompanied the notion that you sally out but then march on a hill with archers to destroy the enemy.

Diplomacy is the best I've seen in any TW game so far. Campaign AI still needs some work but diplomatically it works a lot better.

If there is dumbstep in that video, I'm not playing it!!

The "dubstep sound" is stronger in other songs and is only present in parts (I haven't found one that takes the whole song yet). Pretty sure its not true dubsteb, just sounds like it to me in places :)

Volsung said:
So whoever played this game, what did you choose? Madison or the bomb?

Bomb. And I think hundreds of people die if you let the bomb go, I forgot.

Not much consequences to the choice, other than knowing who Madison is and using that information in the end game, if she died.

CostinMoroianu said:
The defend flag scenario only occurs when an army sallies forth from a settlement, either you or the enemy. It is done to remove the bullshit that accompanied the notion that you sally out but then march on a hill with archers to destroy the enemy.

Diplomacy is the best I've seen in any TW game so far. Campaign AI still needs some work but diplomatically it works a lot better.

I would reeaaly like to have the drugs you're taking, man. :p Seems like you manage to see everything better... :)

KnightofPhoenix said:
Bomb. And I think hundreds of people die if you let the bomb go, I forgot.

Not much consequences to the choice, other than knowing who Madison is and using that information in the end game, if she died.

Hmm yeah the deaths kind of surprised me. I still think the building could have been evacuated on time.

More than a romantic thing, I wanted to choose Madison because I could. Not every game lets you avoid duty and pursue crazy personal goals. I realized later how that actually turned out better for Halbech and I screwed up, but I liked being able to do so. It was like the "don't press this button" effect. In the end, regardless, I can anticipate a confrontation with whoever represents Halbech.

Also, extra game, I suppose an act of violence like that gone public speaks louder than statistics on paper, and may force people to realize just how far corporations are willing to go. If only I could find evidence that proves it wasn't Shaheed.

I would reeaaly like to have the drugs you're taking, man. :p/> Seems like you manage to see everything better... :)/>

Have you played the game? No. I have. I've also played every TW game since Rome and I know exactly what BS tactics one can use and what tactics many TW players have been using. Suddenly abusing archers and high ground along with the timer to win siege battles no longer works and they all cry.

As for diplomacy you've got good options: Non-aggression pacts that mean something, trade agreements that no longer get accepted easily, defensive alliance, client state and military alliance. It's no longer about throwing money at the AI and getting what you want.

Now granted campaign AI is still too passive. When you go to war they tend to wage it rather well but too many don't go to war even if their diplomatic profile is expansionist.

Volsung: It's not even about the few hundred deaths, but letting the bombs go off Halbech has gotten exactly what it has wanted all along, but yeah Alpha Protocol allows for a large variety of RP options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom