Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been replaying Dishonored along with the two story DLCs. I wasn't happy about the DLC all using another avatar besides the main character Corvo, but the DLCs do round out the story nicely and add some excellent stuff to the world and gameplay. You can see the developers responding to how players actually played the original game- they were surprised that so many liked non-lethal gameplay, so they added a lot for stealth players, for instance.

Now I'm pretty much empty on gaming pursuits until the Kickstarter games start coming out.

You are missing much:Shadow WarriorMachine for PigsX-RebirthGrim Dawn (maybe)Divinity Original Sin.Tis a glorious time to be a PC gamer.

Csszr said:
Ordered Sleeping Dogs the other day to stem me until Gta 5. Saw it has a good bit of dlc, if I like the game enough I'll probably get them. Anyone here played it?

Forgot to respond to this, may be too late but here goes: SD is a solid open world game, with a pretty good story. Combat is not as slick or diverse as Arkham games but for a gangster GTA style game it's leaps and bounds above the competition. Wei is a great character, his vo's are spot on. Driving is arcady which isn't a bad thing really, but I liked SR3 vehicle handling better. Side content is mostly pointless, just stick to the main missions. the game shines where it emulates HK action movies - foot chases change into shootouts, and then into vehicle driving with guns. Very visceral stuff. Biggest drawback are the M&K controls. They suck.

It's all right, Slim. :p

It arrived Wednesday, but I have been enjoying the shit out of it. Driving was very odd first, not just the ramming and hi-jacking. At first I figured it would be a gta clone in Hong Kong, but it feels like it's in the middle of GTA, as far as seriousness and later Saint's Row games(never played them beside the first) and it's little bit of craziness.

I've really enjoyed the story as well, I just hope GTA 5 can live up to this now. And I've been doing the side missions as well, done a lot worse in other games.

I haven't seen any spoilers but I'm calling it a mile away that I'll have to make a choice between cops and Sun On Yee.

Don't have worry about M+K though, bought it for the 360, computer chair is giving me a cramp with Europa 4, so I needed a break.

All in all not bad at all for $23, new. Kind of wish I had more interest earlier so as to fund the developer a little more. But I will probably buy all the story dlc.

Csszr said:
I haven't seen any spoilers but I'm calling it a mile away that I'll have to make a choice between cops and Sun On Yee.

You are wrong. :p One of DLCs should be a good hint what happens after main storyline ;)

Dona said:
Yah no games I'm excited about. Now that my graphics card got messed up its probably for the best. I actually started playing Planescape: Torment but its going reaaaaally slow and I don't think I've gotten very far. I just enjoy looking around and talking to people. Loved the old woman who got pissy about me asking her stuff xD
Must be a really broken graphics card if Planescape is slow :eek:

Lol I mean slow gameplay. The game runs fine. I can run new-ish games on minimal settings. It's a decent card (660gtx) but the propellers fell off the fan. Don't ask, I'm still confused about it.

Dona said:
Lol I mean slow gameplay. The game runs fine. I can run new-ish games on minimal settings. It's a decent card (660gtx) but the propellers fell off the fan. Don't ask, I'm still confused about it.
Aha. I understand.

Aver said:
You are wrong. :p/> One of DLCs should be a good hint what happens after main storyline ;)/>

Must resist looking up probable spoilers!

Well shit. I was hoping there would be a choice. Oh well. I was hoping to renounce my career as a cop and take up being a red pole full time. Maybe it will turn that way ;) I'm at the point that Jackie just got arrested and I feel I'm about to get found out.

Return to castle Wolfenstein - old classic from great year for games - 2001 ( in this period o time titles was released like: max payne, Aliens vs Predator 2, GTA III )

Csszr said:
Must resist looking up probable spoilers!

Well shit. I was hoping there would be a choice. Oh well. I was hoping to renounce my career as a cop and take up being a red pole full time. Maybe it will turn that way
I'm at the point that Jackie just got arrested and I feel I'm about to get found out.

The Zodiac Tournament DLC is fun, its basically "Enter the Dragon"...except with Wei not Bruce Lee
Nightmare in Northpoint was short but the Taoist supernatural creatures were interesting. Year of the Snake was the best IMO, it picks up after the main story.

Currently having a blast with Saints Row IV. Its loud, stupid and vulgar excess-a refreshing change from the earnestness of other games. Sure it borrows/copies/ steals from everything, but the bottom line is its fun to play and I feel I got got my $ worth. I don't laugh out loud much at humor in games but this one busted me with its shots at Bioware and stealth games.

I got the GOG version of Heroes of Might and Magic 3 the other day. I loved Heroes Chronicles as a little kid, the artstyle is just as amazing as I remember.
Sweet nostalgia :)..

I got this from GOG the other day and Im wetting my pants like a three year old... :p/>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URFYCU5qhLE&list=TLte-b206HQ6o

Originally I had this in the old big cardboard box, but I traded that for an enhanced edition of Witcher 1, back in early 2009 (my first introduction to the Witcher series). So it was nice to have it back, and from GÓG no less... :p/>

I highly recommend it for the cyberpunk and psichological terror fans. :)/>

I tried the Game of Thrones RPG, which was on sale this weekend at Steam for $7.49.

I wish I had saved my money. Everything about this screams 'My First Gaem'. It is so, so poorly written and made, barely functional and extremely un-fun in its gameplay. This was obviously a cheap cash-in on the TV series. For shame, GRRM was so careful about who he gave the IP out to for television but apparently has no such scruples about the video games.

Veleda said:
I tried the Game of Thrones RPG, which was on sale this weekend at Steam for $7.49.

I wish I had saved my money. Everything about this screams 'My First Gaem'. It is so, so poorly written and made, barely functional and extremely un-fun in its gameplay. This was obviously a cheap cash-in on the TV series. For shame, GRRM was so careful about who he gave the IP out to for television but apparently has no such scruples about the video games.

I dont think it was a "cash-grab" project... Definetely the devs had been working on that for years (at least 5), so...
It's just not a top-notch developer house; it happens.:)/>/> Not everybody can be like CDPRED and knock it out of the park on the first game...

I personally can see where they were aiming for, but I agree with you that they fell tooo short.

Veleda said:

That's the danger of Steam sales :p If there are games you feel "meh" about you buy them anyway just because they're cheap.

Fourth Protocol, found my old amstrad pc up in the loft, the bloody thing still works and I found this game in the tape deck. You certainly couldn't make a game like this nowadays, you're sat behind a desk directing intelligence operations for MI6, following leads, assigning watchers and gathering clues.

Red0oG said:
I got the GOG version of Heroes of Might and Magic 3 the other day. I loved Heroes Chronicles as a little kid, the artstyle is just as amazing as I remember.
Sweet nostalgia :)/>..
The HoMM games are among my favorite games. I even like the fourth one.

Sandro is a lovely lich, I think.

Bloth said:
Fourth Protocol, found my old amstrad pc up in the loft, the bloody thing still works and I found this game in the tape deck. You certainly couldn't make a game like this nowadays, you're sat behind a desk directing intelligence operations for MI6, following leads, assigning watchers and gathering clues.

Awesome! Can't believe it still works.

I am huge fan of retro gaming, and often find myself looking for emulators. I know this is a gray area of licensing, but I really don't think these games would be playable anymore unless you are willing to first dig through ebay and second pay up the ass for an old computer and cartridges or tapes. Or unless you happen to have a machine and tape in working order...

I've successfully played some Commodore 64 and some Apple II games on Debian. Those 4 color graphics and square waves really draw me in for some reason :p

So how does this one play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom