Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other player of Warface?

I am not some huge fan of FPS games, but this is quite good game. Especially co-op.
http://beta.gface.com/ if you want to play (just on weeks, need apply for beta test)..

Is Dark Souls worth bothering with the awful console-port? I just tried to play it, but it seems to be not at all optimized for K+M... not to mention that the default Windows mouse cursor was visible the whole time. Kind of detrimental to the atmosphere...

SkycladGuardian said:
Is Dark Souls worth bothering with the awful console-port? I just tried to play it, but it seems to be not at all optimized for K+M... not to mention that the default Windows mouse cursor was visible the whole time. Kind of detrimental to the atmosphere...

I know people who finished it on M+K, but If you have a gamepad you should definitely play with it.
And yeah you should get the DSfix for better framerate, proper resolution and annoying things like mouse cursor.

Absolutely!!! Use this fix from the Dark Souls Nexus if you plan to use your keyboard.this.

That looks pretty cool but I think something is broken. I tried installing the plug-in under Iceweasel (Firefox) and Chromium and neither worked. I mean the plug-in installs, but the website doesn't realize this and keeps asking me to install.

Looks like a great resource though. If it worked. Does it work for you?

I also tried it with Firefox and Chromium but no luck. I was hoping for a go at Oregon Trail with the members of the Fellowship, with the goal of keeping Boromir alive for journey.

Glaroug said:
Absolutely!!! Use this fix from the Dark Souls Nexus if you plan to use your keyboard.this.

Thanks for the link! :) I guess I'll give it another try in the next couple of days. For now I started Red Faction: Guerilla. My first Red Faction game, but it seems to be quite fun, so far (played about an hour).
I also consider buying a gamepad, since I enjoyed Tekken back in the days when I had a PS1, and I would like to play some beat'em ups on my PC (though I'm aware that the choice on PC is rather limited).

I'm halfway through Brothers : a tale of two sons, and man, that game is fantastic.. one of the best experiences of my gaming history :)/> truly magnificent

A Machine for Pigs is getting middling reviews. I didn't even realize Frictional handed the sequel over to another studio, which is disappointing. Oh well, I've got it pre-ordered on GOG and a fresh pair of knickers handy for tomorrow night.

SkycladGuardian said:

download the DsFix and I didn't use mouse. I find the keyboard more precise.

Amnesia a machine for pigs which is very disappointing imo and i also play Brother a tale of two sons which is on the other hand really good.

KnightofPhoenix said:
Well I am glad I wasn't able to get Rome 2, seems like a disappointment.

Just give the community time to beef it up with mods. I still need to finish Empire and Napoleon, haven't even had a look at Shogun 2 and the Third Age-Mod for Medieval 2 is also on my play list. So I've got time. ;)

If you like to spent some time with a grand strategy game I recommend you Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV. :)

KnightofPhoenix said:
Well I am glad I wasn't able to get Rome 2, seems like a disappointment.

Based on the opinions of people like AngryJoe and a community crying over Broken battle AI, not like Shougn 2 didn't have the same problems.

The campaign AI is quite improved in Rome 2 versus Shogun 2, and the battle AI, while completely broken in sieges, thanks to piss poor path finding, is better in open field battles then Shogun 2.

Also Diplomacy is for once in a TW game more then just: "You conquer a lot of lands we hate you" and "Dump tons of cash in our laps and we love you".

Optimization of the game is the largest issue atm though, and that's something only CA can fix.

The political system is interesting however, also loading times are vastly improved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9DtKDp1_CU&list=EL2d2bmaRpfz4&index=1

I will say that despite the Siege Battle AI issues coupled with the optimization issues Rome 2 is my favorite Total War game to date.

CostinMoroianu said:
Based on the opinions of people like AngryJoe and a community crying over Broken battle AI, not like Shougn 2 didn't have the same problems.

The campaign AI is quite improved in Rome 2 versus Shogun 2, and the battle AI, while completely broken in sieges, thanks to piss poor path finding, is better in open field battles then Shogun 2.

Also Diplomacy is for once in a TW game more then just: "You conquer a lot of lands we hate you" and "Dump tons of cash in our laps and we love you".

The battle AI of the Total War games always had problems in certain situations. Just think of the helplessness of a besieging AI after its siege engines have been destroyed in Medieval 2
And in Empire it is also pretty easy to counter any siege attacks after figuring out the AIs strategy (or lack there of)

The improved diplomacy sounds neat though. It's always been pretty jarring returning to a Total War game after playing Crusader Kings2... ^^

Yeah Diplomacy has always been a low point in the series.

Those complaining of passive campaign AI should look at this:

The AI factions have been waging massive wars against one another, some have come out on top, others have been utterly crushed. I personally have avoided having factions declare war on me by signing Non-Aggression pacts with the vast majority of factions I've encountered. Of course I ended up in some situations where I had to pay for these ( not always ), or pay for them after they AI broke them while preparing to declare war on me. However the AI is logical in that it won't just declare war on you regardless of treaties. First it will break them then declare war.

Whelp thanks for the reminder, I never finished my Tremere playthrough. I think I was pretty close to the end, too.

That's the only thing that stops me from doing fresh playthroughs more often. I think I did it with a 'fly through walls' console code the last time; not sure if there's a skip level option. Someone should make a mod that cuts that level out completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom