Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
CostinMoroianu said:
Doing so with the latest assault rifles, machine guns, shotguns and so on is on as a a trained shooter is one thing and with such weapons real soldiers have achieved kill ratios even higher then that, but doing with makeshift weapons against just as many guys or with swords? Yeah I don't buy it.

When deployed with other soldiers, with coordination. An ex-soldier barging in with an AK-47 being capable of killing 2 dozens alone while wearing a suit and taking several shots and not caring is not believable. Necessary limitation of gameplay.

In any case, the conversation has run its course and has deviated quite a bit from the original point.

CostinMoroianu said:
You mean in the intro of Revelations where you against a few dozen templars and win, or in AC3 facing off against an entire fort of soldiers with just a few guys to back you up?

In the intro, you can take out the Templars via stealth.
And you can also clear AC3 forts via stealth.

Unless you hit that glitch where all npc's turn into janissaries, try being stealthy with that!

Shitty attempt to curb some lightheartedness into the conversation. Alas I could not find the video. Ah failure.

KnightofPhoenix said:
Yes, and Batman should have had too.

It is a flaw I agree with that, but it's not exclusive to Lara (who does get scars so it's not like she's completely unscathed).

yeah but it was part of the games theme is survival and to show her vulnerability and they didn't go far enough which is why Lara wasn't convincing. The game was waste of time if you're looking for story and strong female characters.

This character however..

I finished Mark of The Ninja yesterday. This game is superb. The story is solid too.
It's a 2D, side-scrolling Stealth game. Very unique mechanics and artstyle. Highly recommended even for those who don't like Stealth.

You can get it at Humble Bundle for 4$.

yeah Mark of the Ninja is fun, exciting, replayable and DRM-free multiplatform!

I also recommend Trine 2, FTL, Bastion and Limbo. FTL will make you play many times, the others are worth playing at least once.

This guy really emphasizes the strong points of an MMO, teamwork. With many thrown in overflow for ages, its enormous fun to brief and organize our motley assortment of overflow fellows for battle. Much more satisfying than a well oiled home server killing machine :) It speaks a lot of the community when experienced and new comers alike use a little teamwork

Teamwork as long as you're able to participate or don't get into a bad overflow. Some smartass on my server decided 3pm on a workday is a perfect time to organise daily kill attempts. I appreciate ANet for finally revamping the bosses (and, soon, dungeons), but the state it is in now is really unfriendly towards those of us who cannot play all day long. I'll get him over the weekend, hopefully.

Bit slow and lumbering, there was definitely an exhaustion factor to full plate, but it was nowhere near what is portrayed in movies, the modern squaddie lugs around more kit than a medieval knight. Still looks like one to look out for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hlIUrd7d1Q#t=208

KnightofPhoenix said:
The sewers in Vampires are fucking annoying.
What, don't you like Andrei's beautiful creations?

Well, you know what they say about sewer levels... But they're not that annoying once you've played through the game a few times.

Still playing XCOM. It's a lot of fun and I actually am enjoying the alien theme a lot. The research and engineering projects are both fun and informative.

I do feel the game is getting a little repetitive. Most scenarios are either a city or urban park, a forest with a crashed space ship, or the inside of an alien base or ship. Not much variety there. Also, I feel like the gameplay mechanics are a little simplified. For example, why don't I provoke attacks of opportunity when I am standing next to a chryssalid and move to a different position? Considering their size and claws and everything they might as well "engage" nearby enemies.

On the positive side, I feel like they implemented the square grid well. It blends in and gives you the impression of free movement. I think this is the direction they're taking for Wasteland 2.

I'm trying to keep every country in the council until the end. Is it at all possible? So far so good. I send satellites to some, go on missions on others, etc. Trying to balance it out. Any suggestions?

Volsung said:
yeah Mark of the Ninja is fun, exciting, replayable and DRM-free multiplatform!

I also recommend Trine 2, FTL, Bastion and Limbo. FTL will make you play many times, the others are worth playing at least once.

Yeap, already played Bastion and Limbo when they were out. Great games.
I couldn't enjoy Trine 2 and FTL.

Just out of curiosity, you're playing XCOM on your linux distribution?

Volsung said:
Still playing XCOM. It's a lot of fun and I actually am enjoying the alien theme a lot. The research and engineering projects are both fun and informative.

I do feel the game is getting a little repetitive. Most scenarios are either a city or urban park, a forest with a crashed space ship, or the inside of an alien base or ship. Not much variety there. Also, I feel like the gameplay mechanics are a little simplified. For example, why don't I provoke attacks of opportunity when I am standing next to a chryssalid and move to a different position? Considering their size and claws and everything they might as well "engage" nearby enemies.

On the positive side, I feel like they implemented the square grid well. It blends in and gives you the impression of free movement. I think this is the direction they're taking for Wasteland 2.

I'm trying to keep every country in the council until the end. Is it at all possible? So far so good. I send satellites to some, go on missions on others, etc. Trying to balance it out. Any suggestions?
So far (on two playthroughs; normal and classic difficulty) I haven't been able to keep all countries, the simultaneous alien abductions in several countries/continents just raise panic too fast. Therefore I try to cover the big spenders first with satellites, as soon as you have satellites over all (remaining) countries, you'll not lose another one.

Regarding the square grid: for XCOM I'm fine with it, but I would have loved hex-fields for Wasteland 2.

If there's someone around here owning a box\digital copy of Alice Madness Returns, maybe I've got a news that you might be interested in.

Yesterday, I went on Origin to buy ME3 in special offer. It turned out that on my Origin library, Origin gave me for free the Complete Collection of Alice Madness. It contains, American McGee's Alice, Alice Madness and all the DLCs. So if you have one copy of Alice Madness, either digital or boxed,and you have created and account on Origin, check there coz you should have one copy of the Complete Collection too, like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom