Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Csszr said:
Never touched Dark Souls but I don't think there is much of one, gameplay wise.
I played both. It's pretty much the same game with few changed mechanics. If you finished Demon Souls like most of the people NG+ or more, Dark Souls will feel like expension pack more like new game, thats what I felt playing DS. Although I never finished it so maybe end game is somhow different.

They made Dark Souls more difficult. In Demon's Souls you could kill practically every boss (including the False King) by shooting from a safe distance. Bow was like a god-mode cheat. It makes boss fights easy or at least as easy as you want them to be. Dark Souls has much more challenging bosses because you can't just shoot them with hundreds of arrows. It is somewhat alleviated it by giving an option of in-game companions, but still a lot of boss fights are rather tough.

There are some noticeable differences in the design. Dark Souls has a single connected world, with some in-game transitions, Demon's Souls has separate location accessible through portals in Nexus. Demon's Souls has a unique feature - worlds get white (easier, but less souls) or dark (harder, more souls) depending on bosses killed and protagonist dying, which in turn provides unique items and enemies.

I would say if you can, go play them both. I bough my ps3 just to play Demon's Souls (+ Heavy Rain, God of War and Uncharted series, + The Last of Us and BTS now), and it was worth it.

I was disappointed, I couldn't summon other assassins like in Brotherhood.

also the fucking Blowpipe really ruins the costume. The costume in AC4 is actually believable since pirates like to dress fancy and such but that stupid blowpipe.

After playing some more, I really love it. Dont know about side quests, but main missions so far all have been memorable and different, unlike the boredom that was assassins creed 3. And the gameplay feels really free.
But Ive noticed that controls have been dumbed down, climbing and combat takes less skill and is just looking fancy.
In AC1 I got my ass beat reguraly.

Well I've poured the last five days putting in forty hours(minus a few for afk) in Europa IV. Game is amazing, everyone wants to compete with Portugal and her Asian vassals in the great colony wars. Can't wait for my second run where I import the mighty Wendish Empire from CK II.

Played Dark Souls very briefly today. To be honest I wasn't expecting much.

But after seeing the opening cinematic and playing it for a little while:

Must.. play.. more.

eskiMoe said:
Played Dark Souls very briefly today. To be honest I wasn't expecting much.

But after seeing the opening cinematic and playing it for a little while:

Must.. play.. more.

What class did you chose?

Started and finished episode one of Wolf Among Us today and loved it from start to finish. Any word on when episode two will roll out?

Well, to those who has played AC3 (and enjoyed it)... is it posible to play it completely with K&M without falling into frustration? :confused:/>

Wichat said:
Well, to those who has played AC3 (and enjoyed it)... is it posible to play it completely with K&M without falling into frustration? :confused:/>/>/>/>

Yup
I played with kb&m and its ok(but you can always buy a cheap xbox360 gamepad :)/>/> )

Alextyc1 said:
Yup
I played with kb&m and its ok(but you can always buy a cheap xbox360 gamepad :)/>/>/> )

It's not a matter of buy or not a gamepad but my fingers are too old to jump from 2D K&M space to 3D GP space /> I know, it's never too late to learn but it's a very deadbeat job

Talking about UBISOFT.... and its snowdrop engine (sorry, it's Spanish but...)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJZ31JJyWHg&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

Dayum. Bought Splinter Cell: Blacklist for 7€.

Gotta love PC gaming. If you know where (and when) to buy games, you can save ridiculous amounts of money in the long run.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/thief-gold-hd-texture-mod

Been waiting for this for a long while. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it working properly right now(experiencing some blank textures).

EDIT: The fix is to add the lines:

Code:
ObjTextures16
MeshTextures16

to dark.cfg :)

am looking forward for this game

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc-jvqJV4SI[/media]

horror game is my favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom