Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
AnisaSretaputes said:
am looking forward for this game

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc-jvqJV4SI[/media]

horror game is my favorite

I concur. I also wonder what the next Silent Hill will be about, and when we can expect it. It is kind of sad that true horror games are so rare now.

Really liking Blacklist thus far. The first proper Splinter Cell game since Chaos Theory. I'm playing the game in realistic difficulty and full on stealth and it really brings a proper challenge. You will get killed plenty of times and have to reload constantly because the enemies are sharp & suspicious and they have stuff like attack dogs that can smell you from a distance. You have to use the environment and all the gadgets at your disposal to survive. And when you succeed, it's really satisfying.

Sessler's review pretty much nails the pros and cons in the game.

Has anyone here played Anachranox? I hadn't even heard of it before i saw it on GOG for $1.50. It's got great reviews. Is the story any good? Any story choices to be made?

Creepy trailer;):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuXg10tfvho

I loved Dead Island and now I'm waiting for Dying Light. Techland is a reliable developer(Call of Juarez BiB, Gunslinger, Dead Island). Dying Light looks great, color palette reminds me a bit of The Walking Dead(TV series).

Ive had a telltale run the other day.
Played both the Wolf among Us and new episode of TWD. New episode of TWD is solid but Wolf Among Us totally blew me away.
You must play that. I just love the lore and the story seems very rich.

I bought Plants vs. Zombies earlier today for 99¢. Easily one of the best mobile games I have ever played. Quirky and fun and a good bit of variety to it.

Red0oG said:

I just bought it yesterday on sale. Looking forward to playing it.

Probably won't pick up TWD season 2 until it nears the 2nd or third episode release.

Red0oG said:

I did back in October, and was instantly hooked. I really loved the original take on the characters from all the fable stories and how they were reinterpreted in such a mature and gritty setting which I never expected this game to represent (to be honest I didn't know what to expect from this new game series).

Though I do hate how long it has taken for Episode 2 to show up, but it should be out in January so that's OK. Will buy TWD eventually, but perhaps later next year when more episodes are out.

Currently stalking Steam and GOG since both haver their Holiday Sale going on. I must say, money sure is flying from my wallet right now...

Chewin3 said:
I did back in October, and was instantly hooked. I really loved the original take on the characters from all the fable stories and how they were reinterpreted in such a mature and gritty setting which I never expected this game to represent (to be honest I didn't know what to expect from this new game series).

Though I do hate how long it has taken for Episode 2 to show up, but it should be out in January so that's OK. Will buy TWD eventually, but perhaps later next year when more episodes are out.

Currently stalking Steam and GOG since both haver their Holiday Sale going on. I must say, money sure is flying from my wallet right now...

Yeah, I would say that only con about telltale is the waiting for the new episodes :/.
Im a big TWD fan but in fact Im more hyped about the wolf among us now.
New episode of TWD was solid but there were a bit too many unbelievable hollywood action scenes for my taste.

So I've just finished Gunpoint and, if I may say so, enjoyed the heck out of it.
It's got a very interesting story with a few "lesser evil" moral choices, great humor and some neat game mechanics.
I highly recommend it.

I'm back at XCOM, since I bought the expansion Enemy Within, as a christmas gift from me to myself ;)/>
And I thought XCOM was great before... now it's even greater. More maps, more research, more upgrades, more badassness. Ok, even too much badassness for the lower difficulties (playing on normal right now) - a squad of genetically manipulated soldiers with mimetic skins (invisibility, as long as in full cover and not crossing enemies' line of sight) is mighty overpowered. But so much fun.

Enemy Within is pretty good. I don't think it should have been sold separately though, it's basically what XCOM EU should have been since the beginning.

That said, I've clocked over 70 hours by now. Really fun, good stuff. As I said before, I like the EXALT missions and the cyber/genetic modifications. This time around I got plasma weapons almost too early in the game though. I feel like tech should be more involved with missions and mission types and approaches should reflect more on knowledge and resources. Otherwise, you might end up advancing faster than the aliens, which is hilarious.

M4xw0lf: if you like the general concept behind XCOM EU/EW, you should try Expeditions: Conquistador. It's a crowdfunded strategy/cRPG hybrid that kicks XCOM in the balls when it comes to actual turn-based combat (and narration).

Picked up Deadlight during the holiday sales and it's proving to be a decent little distraction. Also gave Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons a go, but was left totally underwhelmed by the opening 45 minutes or so.

Fandango said:
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons a go, but was left totally underwhelmed by the opening 45 minutes or so.

Do you play it with a controller? I don't think that game is the same without it.

guipit said:
anybody playing Day Z standalone? we should all form a team! a team of witchers

Im planning on getting it soon, would be cool to have someone to play with from here.

Red0oG said:
Do you play it with a controller? I don't think that game is the same without it.

Aye, I played with a controller. I'll deffo be giving Brothers another shot in the new year but - considering all the great things I heard said about the game prior to finally picking it up - I wasn't impressed with it at all.

Red0oG said:
Im planning on getting it soon, would be cool to have someone to play with from here.

yes we shall raid plunder and help

will be waiting for you

steam name is goopit, everyone else on here is free to add me as well

happy new year, next year will be the shit!

Has anyone here played Expeditions: Conquistador? It's actually great game, and a magnificent RPG. You are essentially the leader of an expedition who finds himself embroiled in a war between rebels and the crown. Every companion (There are like bloody 12 of them) have their own backstory and are very well characterised. You are constantly makig decisions about who to trust, who to help, and how to keep your expedition in good spirits to avoid mutiny.

Its extremely text heavy aswell. Haven't seen this much text dialogue and descriptions since Planescape. Highly recommend it to people who really love to roleplay characters, as this game provides a bunch of roleplay opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom