Playing standalone Heart of Stone: Where to find Golden Oriole potion recipe?

+
Playing standalone Heart of Stone: Where to find Golden Oriole potion recipe?

I'm playing Heart of Stone as standalone, and the main problem when playing in this mode is Geralts equipment.
Also lack of mastercraft craftsmen (their quests not done), but that is another story.

Since I need to fight that 1st boss, I really need to find base Golden Oriole potion recipe.

The problem is, the Herbalist near Oxenfurt does not have it!!!
This is different from base game, where he always sells this potion.

Any help?
Anyone found Golden Oriole potion when playing Heart of Stone as standalone?

---------- Updated at 08:48 AM ----------

Nevermind, herbalist did in fact have the recipe. The issue is that it is shown as read in the herbalist inventory for some reason.

On another note, where as part of Heart of Stone content you kind find noonwraith. I need light essence for golden oriole?

I think that travelling at night by the coast near Oxenfurt you can always find one in the fields nearby.

I really didn't like HoS as stand alone. Even after over 10 complete playthroughs. I tried it right after I finished HoS in my current NG+ run (I was very emotional and wanted to do it again soon) and quit some 5 minutes after, as soon as I opened the World Map and saw all those noticed boards calling me. I would go clear the whole world before going for HoS quests, just like I do in a normal playthrough. (plus, I wanted all of my hard earned equipment with me). I saw no point in it so I went back the the current NG+ playthrough with the MQ and lots of exploration yet to be done. =))

Last edited:
Yes, that annoys me to.
In my standalone playthrough I do try to avoid quests under my level, from base game. They will not give any experience and it would be a chore to do them again. I do find annoying that my Gwent deck is bad, so I still buy any card I find, but do not play with radnom merchants.

Still, there is one contact quest regarding griffin, at 35lvl that I recommend doing since it gives Zirael armor, the best thing you can get for armor slot for monster hunting, due to lack of school witcher gear at start.

Top Bottom