Playing the Beta now on Xbox One - LOVE IT!

+
Playing the Beta now on Xbox One - LOVE IT!

Thank you SO MUCH CDPR for letting play the Beta on Xbox One.

I absolutely LOVE IT!

The presentation is slick, smooth and looks great.

I love the tactical changes from Gwent in The Witcher 3 to this stand alone release. It's very clear you've done a lot of testing and homework, the game feels like it's balanced and tactical in my brief time with it.

I played through all the tutorials to check they all play fine and can report no issues.

I've been playing my favourite Deck from the original Game - Northern Realms!

I love how you've captured the look and feel of that deck. I was expecting more in the way of Spies but haven't encountered one yet.

No problems though, the core mechanic changes on card draw each round bring a different tactical method for padding the deck.

One thing I really like is the line buffs and nerfs. I find those to be very useful indeed!

I really like the animations (would love to see more on the cards).

BIG KUDOS FOR CROSS PLAY!
This game will work fantastically for that!

In the Kegs, I LOVE how on the last pick, you get to pick one of 3. Very, very nice addition!

In terms of what I'd improve?

Asthetically, I'd like the card colours to stand out more. Bronze / Silver / Gold doesn't 'pop' out at you as much as I'd expect. Especially the gold in general play. The gold used doesn't look as metallic I guess or 'shine' - it's fairly muted and flat.

In the Deck builder I'd love to mark 'favourites' for my decks or a ranking system so that I can have my most commonly used decks the first ones I see.

Card Animations in the collection menu for the cards you don't own yet would be nice to see.

Wishes for the future

Ladder play & a ranking system with a seasonal approach similar to Hearthstone.

Daily and weekly challenges!

In the Kegs, I LOVE how on the last pick, you get to pick one of 3. Very, very nice addition!

So Kegs are working for Xbox One? In FAQs is written:
[h=3]I can’t seem to purchase Card Kegs on Xbox One...[/h]Xbox One players will not have the option to purchase Card Kegs (a selection of five cards) at the start of the closed beta. However, you can earn Ore currency by winning matches, and with this currency you can acquire Card Kegs. Xbox One players will be notified when the option to purchase Card Kegs from the in-game store is available.

Top Bottom