Playstation 4 Framerate topic (2,0)

+
Please, GTA V compared to Witcher 3 is a masterpiece of polishing. Last week I was at my friend's place and we were playing GTA Online for few hours. Game has technical flaws, sure, but which doesn't have them these days? Even with loading screens and fps drops is runs hella better than Witcher >.>'
I understand it's hard to make a game to run smooth on our ps4's hardware, but Witcher is just a joke. And defending it with " it's an open world with beautiful graphics " is nothing. BB in my opinion looks better, it has open world and runs better. It also has fps drops during combat and some exploration, but not so many as Witcher.
Can't wait to see how new Metal Gear will work.

MGS GZ runs 1080p 60fps.

MGS V TPP seems to continue in that way. Look at this its PS4 version

I've lost all hope on them fixing the frame rate now, I'm not waiting any longer. I will finish the game (maybe) then get rid of it. 30fps should be a standard these days, not a pipe dream.

That's a demo, don't judge a game based on a demo.

And so no one tried to start a new game and test it like that?

It's not a judge on a demo. It's actually a thing they (konami or kojima productions) stated. Even on Xbox One will be 1080p 60fps. But if we look back CDRP said TW3 was 30fps and in some areas it isn't. Only watching, but one thing is certain if a code in construction runs in 60fps I believe that the final product will be the same.

---------- Updated at 02:31 PM ----------

I've encountered a very interesting discussion about PS4 framerate on NeoGaf, this post in particular: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=172350614&postcount=451. In short: weaker PC hardware has better performance, although we've already had many games that proved PS4 to be capable of higher settings.

Only the PC fanboys who don't know a thing says the source of the problem is the console's hardware which that statement proves that they are wrong. It's just bad optimization for the plataforms, that's a fact.

CDPR made the ps4 version run just like the xbox one version, sadly not by increasing performance on ps4, but by downgrading performance on xbox one. I thought that updates should improve the games, not making it worse. Plus an anoying bug is still not fixed, the npc´s that pick up a crate when they walk well, just see it for yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7LZiOHbEac

Lie after lie, it would be easier to just say: you know what the game it is what it is, it can´t be improved. We apologise, but this is the best we can do.

I am not in a position to do this right now, but someone, just try to start a new game and test your fps like that. I might make a difference.

Wow, why was the other thread deleted? If the problem was that a few posters weren't "behaving properly", why not just delete their posts / ban them and let the thread, which had VERY helpful posts, stay where it was?

Anyway, the complaints can't be silenced, the unstable framerate is a real problem, we have video footage proving it. I hope something is done about it because I really don't feel like playing the game the way it is right now. It's killing immersion for me.

Also if you trade it in now and buy it again later on your essentially buying it twice. As CDPr I'd have no issues with that, lol.

Not if you buy it 2nd hand which is what i am thinking of doing if the patch is not out by the end of the week because i have been waiting for the stash and really am stuck at this point and do not want to drop high level armour, weapons etc. So i could sell it and get most of my money back, wait for a GOTY edition 2nd hand which means i will get all DLC cheap and they would still only see the cash from the first time i bought it.

A polite question to CDPR:

So, now that it has been mentioned in the latest patch notes that it's deemed the FPS/Performance is improved, and also that Marcin said "yes" as per the screen caption on the first page of this thread (when asked if it would fix the FPS dips).

Does CDPR now consider this issue closed or resolved to them?

I really want to know this as a consumer because I have been very patient in waiting for fix to this issue but I (and Eurogamer for example) don't consider the issue to be much improved (in some respects, worse in fact).
Having an answer to this question will allow me to either hold tight for a fix or cut my losses and upgrade my PC (I don't want to have to do this though)
I don't use social media such as Twitter, so this thread seemed like the relevant place to ask.

I hope Marcin or a member of the team find the time to make a quick reply. Thank you.

Wow, why was the other thread deleted? If the problem was that a few posters weren't "behaving properly", why not just delete their posts / ban them and let the thread, which had VERY helpful posts, stay where it was?

Anyway, the complaints can't be silenced, the unstable framerate is a real problem, we have video footage proving it. I hope something is done about it because I really don't feel like playing the game the way it is right now. It's killing immersion for me.

Simple, the awful moderator called Sardukhar thinks that he owns the forum, he said that he don´t want people complaining on HIS forum, and that calling cdpr liars is disrespectful and stupid. He claims that he owns the truth, and that he is significant and more important that our problems as customers. Many people in that thread went crazy on him , because he was sarcastic and disrespectful with people frustration. So when he started to get owned and insulted he decided to close the thread. That guy must be the worst moderator that i ever seen in a forum. The other guys are great, but this guy thinks he is some kind of cyber-god, pretty lame if you ask me.
Maybe i will be actually banned for this personal opinion because he is to sensitive, egosentric and a straight a******. But i don´t care, i can create a new account, and i have dinamic IP so he has no power over me. What this guy don´t realize, is that this threads are for us as customers and fanbase, the forums are not his property, the fanbase make the forum, sadly this moderator went straight fanboy and start delating any complain about CDPR.

---------- Updated at 09:31 PM ----------

I am not in a position to do this right now, but someone, just try to start a new game and test your fps like that. I might make a difference.

I uninstalled the game and deleted all my saves (of course i did a backup of my saves first), same thing as always, swamps are unplayable, novigrad at night with rain unplayable. Frame rate not improved at all. I only can say that the performance while passing through the fog was improved by a few frames maybe it runs at 27-28.

I have nothing against this company, this was my first game from them, but.... Why there are some people in the tech support forums telling that they have no problems with the game or telling that the last patch is great ?? i cant understand that. this forum is supposed to tell them who really has problems with the game, this is not a "I have no problems with it" thread.

Last edited:
Never been disapointed by a game like this... 3 years waiting it to release, it released in an unplayable state (xbox one here, stutering was so bad that i couldn't play until the fix in 1.03).
The game between 1.03 et 1.05 was so beautiful , so smooth...
Now with 1.07 it's totally ruined, 20fps in a lot of areas...
Now unfortunatly, it will never be back in the state it was with 1.05, it seems that even CDPR don't know at all what they're doing...
It was a masterpiece... now it's a piece of shit, totally bugged, technically inacceptable (20fps on several entire areas, i don't speak about a 1 sec dips to 20fps, no, it's 20fps ALWAYS in the swamps for example, if you want to get back to 30fps smoothness, you have to leave this area... it wasn't the case 3 days ago....
If only i had knew... i never had dl this update... too late...
So i just sold my CE this morning, I was in love with this game, now it's the worst experience i had as a gamer, it was the perfect game for me, and to see it butchered like this is.... well, enjoy guys if you can, for me TW3 is over, and CDPR also... the lack of ANY WORD on this issue in particular (xbox framerate) since 72h is simply amazing.... Several website have reported it, customers also and not ONE WORD FROM THEM...
simply unacceptable...

im a QA tester by trade, and this is an absolute joke. They knew about this probably 6months before release and couldn't fix it in time, and still cant. Pathetic

Last edited:
Top Bottom