Playstation 4 Framerate topic (2,0)

+
so after reading all the negativity about the patch, i was a bit scared.

But ive been playing for a couple of hours now. And while i admit that in the bog it's still not very good, there's DEFINATELY improvement for me.
I got my ps4 on right now as we speak. I'm walking in a dense forest in Velen while it's storming! Before when it rained, my framerate always dropped, so this has been gone. I'm really happy with that. In novigrad it's still the same i think. Depending on how many lightsourced there are on, the framerate is still pretty stable like it was before.

I'm starting to think that a lot of people were expecting to play at 60fps non stop with this patch or something. They promised some improvements and they delivered. Or else the game reacts differently on different playsations, which i highly doubt. But stating the game is unplayable is just nonsense.
I think i have unnacceptable framerate like 5% of the time or something. I hope in the future i can play it at a constant 30fps non stop, but so far the game has been improved a lot.

If it turns out i'm wrong, i will come back and admit it. But so far in 2-3 hours of playing, it's been smooth. Only when i went to the bog for testing was i dissappointed.

No, they were expecting to get what the devs said was coming. Fair enough there lots of improvements and fixes and for the most part everything is great, but they said the framerate would be fixed on PS4 with this patch, they even specifically stated in the patch notes that the patch would increase performance of the swamps around No Mans's Land, yet the DF framerate analysis shows that performance is actually worse on both consoles in that area. And in Novigrad also.

And we still haven't had any official word on why they decided to make the performance of the X1 version worse.

They only need to comment these lines from the code:

if (framerate < 30)
game::render()->forceFrameRate(20);

I seriously doubt it's that simple.

Last edited:
Stormy weather indeed seems to be improved regarding fps. Saying that game got worse overall after the patch is bullsht. And i guess that the performance drops are a side effect, especially on x1, rather than a planned step. They tried to fix the fps but it clearly didnt go as planned, time for next attempt.This attack of spam about how bad the game is now (which is not true), and how cdp workers can go to hell covered the info which could help them to gather a valueable feedback and do something about it. After reading some of the threads on the forum i felt like it could give me cancer. Thats understandable that some ppl are angry after not receiving what were they promised, but cmon... Precise your problems, stop raging and act like civilised human being. You should be grateful for what you got coz, beyond filled to the edges game box, you get a game that is way above todays standards imho.

Last edited:
Stormy weather indeed seems to be improved regarding fps. Saying that game got worse overall after the patch is bullsht. And i guess that the performance drops are a side effect, especially on x1, rather than a planned step. They tried to fix the fps but it clearly didnt go as planned, time for next attempt.This attack of spam about how bad the game is now (which is not true), and how cdp workers can go to hell covered the info which could help them to gather a valueable feedback and do something about it. After reading some of the threads on the forum i felt like it could give me cancer. Thats understandable that some ppl are angry after not receiving what were they promised, but cmon... Precise your problems, stop raging and act like civilised human being. You should be grateful for what you got coz, beyond filled to the edges game box, you get a game that is way above todays standards imho.

So you created your account just to say that people should react positively to a lie? And to say that everything is ok, and that we should be grateful? In a "Bad frame rate" related topic? And also claim that the game runs better after 1.07?
1st) who are you to decide what people should say?
2nd) grateful about what? as far as i know the game is not free, you pay full price for it, Should i be grateful with Sony when i pay to get a TV? should i be grateful with Mars when i pay for a M&M? If i pay i don´t have to be grateful, especially if im not satisfied with the product. It's business.
3rd) How can you say that the game runs better than 1.05 is beyond my understanding....just LEL
4th) If your magical copy of TW3 runs so flawlessly, why are you even in a framerate related topic...i don´t get it...
5th) The patch notes are clear:
Improves performance in the swamps of the No Man's Land region (LIE)
Introduces a number of optimizations that improve overall performance throughout the game(LIE)

• Improves overall game performance.(LIE, ASK XBOX ONE)

Look, i would gladly take the true instead of a Lie, i hate when people try to lie to me. It would be more transparent and less disrespectful to Say this: CDPR: We created a massive game and we´ve done everything we could do, but untill now the framerate issues can´t be fixed. Sorry and thanks for your support. When we manage to fix the framerate we will let you know.

Instead:
Hey will be the fps fixed in the day one patch for ps4?
CPR: YES
Hey will be a fix for performance on ps4?
CDPR: YES
ETC....
Hey will you finally fix the fps on ps4?
CDPR: YES

1.07: Worse performance, new glitches, downgrate of xbox one performance, swamps, Novigrad and other areas remain at 20fps to 25fps (which is unplayable even by 2005 standards)

Last edited:
Pre-ordered the game, stopped playing and patiently waited for 2 months after launch just to have a decent experience. Now I've almost lost all hopes. No official response from CDPR regarding this problem, it seems like they've completely ignored it and moved forward. If this is what I get for fully support a company from day one, it's a complete shame.

If you can't fix it, tell us. At least I won't hold any judgement against you. This is not how you treat your customers by keeping silent.

Hey cdp make allyour staff prioritise the ps4/x1 20fps frame rate problem!

Lmao i am seriously starting to hate CDPR, i mean wtf? Why dont they speak up and address the game crippling 20fps frame rate lock ruining Ps4 gameplay? And now since patch 1.07 the xbox one version too?

This is B.S, they are even deleting forum posts about frame rate on thier website!
It makes me laugh how they like to pretend they are better then other devs and how they care about the fans? Lmao

Whats more infuriating is how before launch these companies like CDPR have hundreds of people working on the game and once they have our money they typically have a handfull of staff working on patches fixing problems, WTF??
In CDP case it feels like they have like 1 guy working on the patches.

Why dont cdp prioritise the game crippling frame rate problem on both consoles AND FIX THAT $H1T!!!
by thier own words without us console gamers money there would be no witcher 3, so why then can they not make every member of cdp work on the console version to fix this broken mess?? Its disgusting how devs today us fans who essentially buy broken games which was knowingly sold to us broken!

So sick and tired of sheep gamers who cant handle hearing a unhappy customer complain about rubbish service and broken products! if u dare complain about a corporation these retarded fanboys attack like rabbid dogs.

WTF happen to us gamers? How did we let it get this bad?
These guys are cowboys and can shove this slide show 20fps trash where the sun dont shine!!

I know all the sheep and defense force will come in here and talk about my grammar, or how these things take time and i should be patient etc or the pc guys will its the fault of the consoles and they are too weak yadda yadda....
if thats the case then i guess batman arkham knight was too graphically intensive for all high end pc's? I guess since the Ps4 version at launch looked and ran better then high end pc's, ps4 must be powerfull yes? Pcs are too weak to run batman as well as the ps4 version?

Obviously not!!! anyone with a braincell knows batman on pc was launched flawed and broken, hence why they removed it and issued refunds!
So by that logic we can deduce that cdp have failed us console gamers! lack of optimisation or whatever the problem is, 20fps IS UNNACEPTABLE!!!
The Ps4/X1 can handle the game but they need sort this B.S out ASAP!! it should of been sorted in the day 1 patch at the very least.

How they promise to fix the fps issue on ps4 with 1.07, but fail to deliver, but then proceed to break the previously more stable X1 version of the game is beyond me.
Its reeks of incompetence, i believe they are incapable of fixing the 20fps problem and the programmers are just trash at cdp and should stick to programming calculators instead!

Whats the point creating a awesome game with a unprecedented open world, some of the best open world graphics, the best gameplay, one of my now all time favourite rpg's but which is broken and runs at a slide show? Ruining immersion and making combat unresponsive and broken and unplayable.
why in this industry uniquely we as customers are expected to buy broken products and not complain and just wait and hope its fixed like good little obedient mindless dogs/sheep incapable of critical thinking and too stupid to realise when we are being screwed!!

I'm waiting for the people who will say that the hardware is too weak to handle the game,lol. I believe its an optimization problem,,,but nobody will ever know for sure though since CDPR haven't told us publicly yet if the hardware is too weak, if the game is unoptimized etc etc. It would be nice if they at least publically announce something on the matter.
The reason why people buy consoles are because we expect stability and decent looking graphics at a reasonably smaller price than a high-end pc. But notice how i said DECENT graphics and not Uber-ultra Super-sampled AA to the max burn a hole in the ozone layer again graphics. But I think CDPR maybe were a bit too ambitious with the game on consoles and after the game released. Everybody got used to the nice looking graphics, so now if they downgrade them to gain the few precious frames we need people will burn them if they do it. So either way. It's a lose-lose for the dev team....Unless if its an optimization issues though! Then we should stay hopeful. :yes

Its reeks of incompetence, i believe they are incapable of fixing the 20fps problem and the programmers are just trash at cdp and should stick to programming calculators instead!

Wow, don't you think you are a little overreacting?

I'm on PS4, and YES the framerate is not good. But the game is far from unplayable, only in certain conditions the framerate is annoying.Most of the game is fine.
It surely needs fixing, and i don't think they will give up on this.

If you want to get serious about bug priorities, it seems that this priority order is one of the most realistic:

- Save-game problems
- Main-quest progress
- Online and achievement/trophy features
- video/audio problems
- optional sidequest problems
- video/audio performance

Patches that break things are totally frustrating, but it's not the consumer's fault that a patch may break something months after the purchase was made. Nor does it mean that the developer is necessarily trash, even if they made a patch performance mistake like TW3 on X1 or GTA V on PS4.

And the consumer is not necessarily sheep either. Given that even the best developers make a patch mistake from time to time, I would say that the video game consumers are extraordinarily patient and forgiving, and deserves more credit than you give them. If you are willing to set aside the notion that they are sheep for just a moment, you might find that they are just as amazingly frustrated with the situation as you are.

I hope people understand how it can be frustrating to have your fav game ruined like that on xbox...
It's like a nightmare...
It's like CDPR don't know what they do, it's the 1st time for me where a patch, make a game so much worse technically, usually it's the contrary...
This make no sense at all, and what make even less sense is the lack of communication from them...
There is no explanation for this downgrade, if it was a bug or a mistake, they'd already told it... the fact that they say nothing is for me clear that they really don't care, much people won't notice, game has already sold gangbusters, they don't need to fix it...

Pre-ordered the game, stopped playing and patiently waited for 2 months after launch just to have a decent experience. Now I've almost lost all hopes. No official response from CDPR regarding this problem, it seems like they've completely ignored it and moved forward. If this is what I get for fully support a company from day one, it's a complete shame.

If you can't fix it, tell us. At least I won't hold any judgement against you. This is not how you treat your customers by keeping silent.

Yeah I'd like to know if they've moved on too, this way it would allow us to make an informed decision of whether we should wait or not. They have talked about the framerate in the past, but not so far regarding the recent patch. I sincerely want to play the game, but I want to play when they're confident that the framerate is as good as they can achieve. Pretty much everything else about the game fantastic. If they just said, "that's as good as we can optimize it" I'd respect that and then make my decision. it's not the answer I'd like a if I'm truthful but at this point any communication would be helpful because the game has been sitting on my shelf quite a while.

The more i play the more i notice how improved the performance is (bear in mind i deleted all my old files and started it clean, a new game).

I guess i was wrong before. On patch 1.05 i had things loading in front of my eyes, pop ins, had to wait 15 to 30 seconds to talk to NPCs, bad textures, etc... they're all gone after 1.07.

It's still not great at the swamps but i can see and feel an improvement there as well. Same inside the cities. Haven't ran into any major bug so far. It's not the ultimate fix patch but it's working for me.

The more i play the more i notice how improved the performance is (bear in mind i deleted all my old files and started it clean, a new game).

I guess i was wrong before. On patch 1.05 i had things loading in front of my eyes, pop ins, had to wait 15 to 30 seconds to talk to NPCs, bad textures, etc... they're all gone after 1.07.

It's still not great at the swamps but i can see and feel an improvement there as well. Same inside the cities. Haven't ran into any major bug so far. It's not the ultimate fix patch but it's working for me.

It's good to hear you have noticed some performance improvements in some particular areas. I've heard others mention about better performance and less bugs when clearing out save games and starting a new game when a patch is released. That's actually one of the reasons that I want to start my game once the patches have addressed all the biggest issues.

Starting a new game doesn't work. Still pretty bad for me. Most of the times, when the performance drops, I meditate for about 2 hours and it come backs to 'acceptable', but it doesn't work every time I do it...that green smoke on swamp, rain, fire effects at night in novigrad and sometimes just unreasonable framerate drops (mainly in forest areas). There is nothing amazing on this efects, is just fire, just smoke, just rain...rainning efects on GTA V are só much better than TW3, so why it drops to F**** 20 fps?
As I've been saying since the beginning, this is not actually a graphical issue, its a bug, bad command lines, but consoles cleary can handle the game in a acceptable performance. There is no reason to set ps4 on 900p, that's not the solution. Unfortunately CDPR dev team can't fix their own creation, that's very sad. Not buying the season pass and not suporting cyberpunk as well. Also I'll sold my copy, can't keep playing anymore.
(Sorry for my english)

Last edited:
What I don't understand is that CDProjekt have said they are investigating the trophy/achievement problem and the multiple quest bugs but not the frame rate issues on ps4 and the new frame rate issues on the Xbone. I just don't understand why they haven't said. "Yes this is getting investigated to." sigh I hope it gets fixed in the next patch. And I can only hope that this new patch won't take 3-4 weeks. Since my College semester starts next month I won't be able to play it as much. I love this game but I just can't play it with the stutters it's to jarring for me at least.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to start a new game and then test the frame rate? This patch introduced a lot gameplay mechanics, it could be that it's causing bugs with older save files. You don't need to delete the previous saves, but just start the new game. Anyone tried it?
yup. still frame rate drops and a couple of game crashes.

Why CDPR didnt still fix the framerate? Why it isnt still stable 30fps? Are you guys not programmer? Why CDPR, why?... So much patches and we still suffer and waiting.

Top Bottom