Playstation 4 Framerate topic (2,0)

+
It's been months now and still not a stable 30FPS. Not smooth, but stable, as smooth is 60FPS, but anyways.

Game should have remained on PC and ignored consoles, especially PS4. CDPR cannot optimize the bloody game, they don't understand the API and to be honest? They're primarily PC developers, not consoles. Even though 8th GEN is the closest to PC architecture we've ever has we STILL don't have games performing as they should.

8th GEN is a bust, or CDPR are just incompetent, or they don't test these damn patches. PC Ver. is the best, as it SHOULD BE and anyone with a brain should be playing the game on PC, not consoles. I've all but given up, $80 completely wasted. Never purchasing a CDPR game on console ever again. I should've known better.

20FPS is absolutely unplayable, as is anything below 30FPS. Taking way too damn long to fix the MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE - FRAMERATE.

[Patch 1.07 ] Fogs around Isle of Mist hits Performance so bad , please either remove them or fix it,

It's been months now and still not a stable 30FPS. Not smooth, but stable, as smooth is 60FPS, but anyways.

Game should have remained on PC and ignored consoles, especially PS4. CDPR cannot optimize the bloody game, they don't understand the API and to be honest? They're primarily PC developers, not consoles. Even though 8th GEN is the closest to PC architecture we've ever has we STILL don't have games performing as they should.

8th GEN is a bust, or CDPR are just incompetent, or they don't test these damn patches. PC Ver. is the best, as it SHOULD BE and anyone with a brain should be playing the game on PC, not consoles. I've all but given up, $80 completely wasted. Never purchasing a CDPR game on console ever again. I should've known better.

20FPS is absolutely unplayable, as is anything below 30FPS. Taking way too damn long to fix the MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE - FRAMERATE.

Completly agree.

Also want to add Marcin and Witchers twitter completly ignoring paying customers/fans really have not done them any favors. Or having our posts on this forum deleted or heavily edited. We've never got a reason for why PSN took 3 days to release a patch. Looks like dlc finishers are having the same issue, what a suprise.

BONUS POINTS: If you only say positive things about the game, their twitter accounts will suddently acknowledge your input. But as soon as you mention bugs, framte rate voila ignored. But according to Marcin 1.07 fixed all the frame rate issues.

I wouldn't be so angry if they either gave their customers a refund, or a steamkey, like WB did for batman.

the game runs cool to me, I realized that the animations in dialogues seems best , seem softer and real.

15 days ingame and i got Skellige now. I did pre order and I can say that the game today is much better and more fluid.

Are there any other ways of getting an answer from CDPR on this continuing issue? Forgive my ignorance if there are obvious other avenues, but it seems we're getting no where here or on Twitter. If we can just establish the burning question of :

Has CDPR now finished addressing the framerate performance issues on PS4, or is it still an ongoing process?

As I've said before, if we can just get an answer to this it would be really helpful. If they have done all they can, and say to us "we've optimised as much as we can" then I'd respect that as an answer.
I was thinking of upgrading my PC this year, but I've decided now that I can't really afford to do so, so I have to play on PS4. Once I know CDPR are happy with the framerate, then I'll begin playing this awesome game which I know I'll enjoy.

At the rate you people talk shit about the company why should they even bother helping? Lighten the fuck up. Developers aren't magicans. Things go wrong, and things take time to fix. At least they are attempting to do something. Some companies don't do a damn thing. No product is every 100% perfect but at least they are giving it a whirl to get it close, and now we don't even have to wait for "Enhanced Editions" anymore! They can do it incrementally!

Get over this entitlement stuff.

GTFO who the hell are you to tell people what to do, or how to feel? If u cant handle reading a persons criticism of Cdp them GTFO from the forums!!

Seriously I am sick and tired of sheep like you! It's because of gamers like you that this industry we love so much has gone to $h1T.
As a consumer we have the right to complain about a product we bought with our hard earned money and which doesn't work.

Get off your high horse and go play your game if it's fine in its current state for you.

Meanwhile people like me who are pissed off with cdp will complain on the Forums as much as we want.

How you can accept near constant dips to 20fps for long periods during game play is beyond me! Your standards must be terribly low.

It has nothing to do with entitlement, at the same time in my world if I buy a product I expect it to work and since it's a complex video game obviously there may be problems found after launch but we have been more then patient enough and have given them plenty of time to fix said problems.

What's worse is they are not even bothered to communicate with us, a problem like the double buffered vsync 20fps lock on ps4 was clearly known to exist by the developers before launch.
It's disgusting how developers today pull this b.s and get away with it due to sheep like you!

Hell I got to the point where I was fed up with them so was gonna trade my ps4 copy in and buy the Xbox one version instead which ran smoother, but since 1.07 it too has the 20fps problem.
Imagine how the X1 players feel now that the game is broken due to the incompetence of cdp.

Why can't people like you understand all of us here complaining are doing so out of frustration! Iam sure all of us LOVE THE WITCHER 3! It's what makes this so annoying.

The game is a master piece but it has big problems. There is no way that cdp could of missed the frame rate problem.
Missing glitches like broken quests etc is understandable but game crippling performance is not.

Bottom line a customer has the right to complain when a purchased product is broken simple as! Don't like reading people complain then don't bother reading the thread! Gamers like u are why developers and publishers give us situations like ac unity, driveclub, master chief collection, sim city, etc broken games they expect us to buy and not complain like good little loyal sheep!!

Has CDPR now finished addressing the framerate performance issues on PS4, or is it still an ongoing process?

It's not fixed.

Performance with fog/smoke/mist has improved, I'll admit this. Though the frames still plummet to slideshow in all the areas we still have them, and likely always will.

White Orchard remains the only area in the entire game that runs stable. Popins are still pretty horrible, especially in Novigrad. I'm not sure if the NPC bug has been fixed with cities/villages being near empty, meditate for an hour, and suddenly the populace come out. I've been more frustrated with this game over Bloodborne, and I never thought that would happen.

They managed to smoothen most of their frame issues, especially frame jitter. Why the hell can't CDPR - You don't answer a question by saying "YES" to "Will framerate be fixed with 1.07" and come patch release THE FRAMES ARE WORSE.

For people who are having performance issues on the PS4, I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but consider grabbing an aftermarket HDD replacement. It helps, especially with pop-in.

The PS4's stock HDD is... not very good.

For people who are having performance issues on the PS4, I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but consider grabbing an aftermarket HDD replacement. It helps, especially with pop-in.

Quick! Someone find a 1TB SSD! If such exist for purchase, hope it's not $1500!

It's not fixed.

Performance with fog/smoke/mist has improved, I'll admit this. Though the frames still plummet to slideshow in all the areas we still have them, and likely always will.

White Orchard remains the only area in the entire game that runs stable. Popins are still pretty horrible, especially in Novigrad. I'm not sure if the NPC bug has been fixed with cities/villages being near empty, meditate for an hour, and suddenly the populace come out. I've been more frustrated with this game over Bloodborne, and I never thought that would happen.

They managed to smoothen most of their frame issues, especially frame jitter. Why the hell can't CDPR - You don't answer a question by saying "YES" to "Will framerate be fixed with 1.07" and come patch release THE FRAMES ARE WORSE.

Thanks for the reply and the info dude, I totally agree with you. What I mean is though, from CDPR Statments in patch notes and from what Marcin said which you quoted, it feels like they are saying that they have addressed and fixed it in their own minds. My concern is that they will now move on despite the issue remaining.

Yes the stock hdd is not that great.

But a HDD will NOT fix performance issues related to frame rates..........

Sorry, nothing personal but...This is the most stupid post I have ever read around here.

See CD, this is what happens when you dont give us answers.

Last edited:
Sorry, nothing personal but...This is the most stupid post I have ever read around here.

See CD, this is what happens when you dont give us answers.

Play it on PC - What I'm gonna do very soon if the next patch doesn't LOCK TO 30FPS.

Pay for it a 2nd time? That remains on the table.

Thats what Nvidia wants maybe? To force you to buy their cards? A 400$ console should work bad, maybe thats why CDPR doesnt fix the performance, making money from consoles and supporting Nvidia. Pc players for Batman did play it on Ps4. Is this a new money tactics?

They said they are working on the next patch. For god sake how many patches does this game need to be fully playable? Damm. And to think they said they released dy one patch not because they needed to but because they wanted to give us the best experience. Sure. 7 patches later and still some serius problems persist

I feel so awful for you guys. I just began my third play-through on PC.. and it just runs beautifully, perfectly, almost 100% of the time. Poor PS4 players. I hope they fix it for you soon.

I'm treating this game as an Early-Access game now *shudders* and am only going to play it at least when the big expansions are both out because at the rate these patches are going. They probably will only fix everything when the expansions release or if they make the Enhanced Edition of the game.;D

Top Bottom