Playstation 4 Framerate topic (2,0)

+
With all due respect to your efforts, Grindders, but your videos are... well, let's say they are less useful than they could be. We need splitscreen comparisons between different settings and versions of the game and, of course, longer recordings of game footage. This doesn't help.

Let's just wait and see.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 32
So I installed 1.08 patch yesterday evening and tested it a little... I'm happy to say that the bog area ran pretty well probably not 30fps but pretty close so a lot smoother than the 20fps lock previously. I didn't test Novigrad but it's safe to assume it's a little better as well. One little thing I noticed it after the patch some shadows are flickering a little, not a major problem but previously I didn't seen anything like this ever. (Note the weather was clear night time so a don't know if rain still ruins the fps but before the update the bog was terrible even in clear daytime so it's an improvement)

Last edited:
Yeah I see damn the fog and rain kills it again. But at least the vsync 20fps is no more a problem in clear weather. It's something but still not enough. Need more optimization.

I've noticed improvement when enemies appear out of nowhere (e.g. teleporting near Geralt or jumping out of puddles). Until now it took some time stream them and the game used to lose fluidity for a fraction of second, which was pretty irritating. Now during a fight with several ghosts fps might go down but it is streaming much, much better.

One thing I don't understand is weird stutter when Geralt jumps into water and leaves it. As if this transition from one environment into another took a heavy toll on the engine as well.

Oh, and pretty slow UI - the more stuff you carry, the slower it gets (sometimes clicling between different sections of UI and inventory takes a second or two). Hopefully they will address that in their next patch.

Last edited:
nobody has a memory leak issue after a few hours of gameplay? Mostly dialogues which take a second or more to load or micro loadings when blistering through Novigrad

Can anyone confirm that the "faded-out" conversation screen issues has been fixed? Gosh I hated that! When the conversation screen blurs first to load and then comes back. And that micro-second or 2 delay when a choice is selected in a convo. Irritated the hell out of me.

Is it still happening?

I recognized now after having 1.08 on ,that like every 10 seconds the screen blurs, regardless if I am in a conversation screen/scenario, or if I am running around just simply in the world.. where when it happens the game lags also for that short moment..

Really annoying as hell...weird thign is, it didt start for me directly, first after I played a while with 1.08. it started to become more annoying.
Had this already before the patch, but only very rarely.. but now, on like every 10 seconds, thats a state thats not acceptable.

So if its that, what you mean with "fade-outs", then yes, I have that

I recognized now after having 1.08 on ,that like every 10 seconds the screen blurs, regardless if I am in a conversation screen/scenario, or if I am running around just simply in the world.. where when it happens the game lags also for that short moment..

Really annoying as hell...weird thign is, it didt start for me directly, first after I played a while with 1.08. it started to become more annoying.
Had this already before the patch, but only very rarely.. but now, on like every 10 seconds, thats a state thats not acceptable.

So if its that, what you mean with "fade-outs", then yes, I have that

It's like when you initiate a conversation with an npc. The screen looks faded out or blurry as a way to show that the convo is loading. When it's finished only then does everything return to normal. Also there is a little delay if you choose a dialogue option . Like 1 to 2 second delay.

This all started happening in patch 1.07 btw. I guess this is what Momo meant by "fixes some issues that were present in 1.07" in the patch-notes. SOME issues meaning this one wasn't one of those issues that were fixed...

Game is shelved again. See you... next year, maybe. :lol:

yap was even hyped and ready to get the expansion but I can't keep playing it like this... constant stutters and fps drops? What's funny is the xbox one version is much more stable than the ps4 version... I seriously don't get this

It's like when you initiate a conversation with an npc. The screen looks faded out or blurry as a way to show that the convo is loading. When it's finished only then does everything return to normal. Also there is a little delay if you choose a dialogue option . Like 1 to 2 second delay.

This all started happening in patch 1.07 btw. I guess this is what Momo meant by "fixes some issues that were present in 1.07" in the patch-notes. SOME issues meaning this one wasn't one of those issues that were fixed...

Seems i had a different problem then, because my issue was immediately solved the moment when I stopped my PS4 and restarted it a few minutes later and suddenly was everythign again like normal.. really weird these game bugs and problems sometimes.

Did you test the xbox one version with the 1.08 patch?

I've stressed tested the xbox one version with 1.08 and the framerate is excellent.

I really hope CDPR can get the PS4 version running as good as the xbox.

Native 1080p with a stable framerate would probably get me to double dip on the PS4 version.

Still not 30FPS locked? Still 20FPS? Still unplayable? NO SURPRISE THERE.

Lemme just pretend I didn't waste $80 on a broken game and jolly on to my PC and secure myself a copy, cough, severe coughing, extremely severe coughing - this never happened. I did not waste money on a broken game that'll never get fixed and play on something superior in which I should have done already.

Give up, sell your copy, folks, get refunds. PS4 Ver. is fucking GARBAGE.

First time posting, but besides the framrate has anyone had a recent flickering of shadows? I've had houses and even grass do some flickering, like crossfire but in little spots. Nothing major, but an easy anomaly picked up by the eyes. Anyone?

Top Bottom