Playstation 4 Framerate topic (2,0)

+

vladgiurgiubv

Performance drops again after you die once and then load the save....so I guess that is another bug, or what?

I'd just like to add to this, yes the framerate in the expansion is a problem. Individual movement of creatures, trees, grass, etc. is still smooth and seems normal, but when moving (walk, run, horse, any movement) there is a definite and constant stutter. Also, looting has become very slow, with a definitive pause in between the pick up of items and it being added to the inventory.

I have not noticed other problems but have only been playing for about 15 minutes and became annoyed enough to search online for a solution. Although neither of these problems renders the game unplayable, it certainly makes the game feel shoddy and makes me wonder about what stability issues we are going to see down the road.

I play on the PS4.

I found the frame rates have improved greatly, but only for awhile. After playing for a couple of hours, the frame rates start taking a nose dive. Exiting the game and then starting it back up fixes this.

What you guys are describing sounds like the stuttering that me and a few others are experiencing too.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/59140-Patch-1-10-introduces-constant-judder

Not sure what it is, though. It's similar to the stutter that used to happen at launch when panning the camera, but only worse...and constant. I really hope they get on top of this soon. I really appreciate that they fixed the framerate for the most part, but I can't play the game with it stuttering 15 minutes after loading my save.

Just as I was getting into it. :/

Last edited:
This short pause happens in different situations, e.g. when you jump into water or emerge from it. As if the game was downloading some assets (it was present before the patch as well).
Considering framerate in the expansion, it is pretty smooth for me right now and I've played about 3 hours. Even when I set several enemies on fire there are no noticeable framedrops. And one more, thing: is it me or have they changes something about lightning? They've added depth of field effect that occurs after finished conversation for sure.

vladgiurgiubv

AFTER PATCH 1.10 PS4

I guess we can all agree that this is a mess of a game....too bad, because I wanted so much to play it from start to finish....I had so many problems on PC and got so frustrated that I bought the PS4 version and now the frustration has reached it's peak,....even after this patch that "fixes" performance, there are still so many problems with performance...because of the bad times I've had with this game, it makes me phisically sick (my stomach feels uneasy) even when I hear the music from the game... it has become a reflex to feel sick when I see/hear anything releated to this game.... and I'm not exagerating

If Ubisoft or EA release a game in this state, the gaming community would have been all over them, but if CDPR does this....it's all good

I will never ever buy another game from CDPR...

Last edited:

Well, I've finished the game when it was "unplayabale", as some have stated, and it was a hassle only during some of the most intensive missions. Irritating, but playable, and I was so involved in the story that I didn't even have time to complain - nevertheless I get what you mean. Now It's much, much better, texture streaming is vastly improved (I had a recording with elements of the game jumping into their place out of thin air in Novigrad for good 15 seconds) and framerate is pretty stable. There are several things that I'd like to see improved as well: e.g. loading times, menus, map or this freaking small market in Novigrad where you can't see a living soul (what's the point of having a meat market when there aren't any people around to buy stuff?). But the most recent patch has improved things a lot. Here's hoping that CD Projekt learned something about PS4 architecture and will use this knowledge in the future.

I guess we can all agree that this is a mess of a game....too bad, because I wanted so much to play it from start to finish....I had so many problems on PC and got so frustrated that I bought the PS4 version and now the frustration has reached it's peak,....even after this patch that "fixes" performance, there are still so many problems with performance...because of the bad times I've had with this game, it makes me phisically sick (my stomach feels uneasy) even when I hear the music from the game... it has become a reflex to feel sick when I see/hear anything releated to this game.... and I'm not exagerating

If Ubisoft or EA release a game in this state, the gaming community would have been all over them, but if CDPR does this....it's all good

I will never ever buy another game from CDPR...

I feel your frustration. I have already purchased the game and the season pass, so I will force myself to play through the framerate (which is easily my greatest pet peeve on any game or machine, I am nigh OCD about smooth gameplay). So I'll choke it down like cold soup so my dad doesn't yell at me about wasting food.

I want to love this game. I love the story. I love the characters and the gameplay. But damn.... I hate to say it, I don't think I'll be buying another one either. I play video games to relax, and the jerky graphics just don't allow that to happen. I hope someone can come up with a fix to at least stop the constant stutter when moving, I can deal with the other delays.

I feel your frustration. I have already purchased the game and the season pass, so I will force myself to play through the framerate (which is easily my greatest pet peeve on any game or machine, I am nigh OCD about smooth gameplay). So I'll choke it down like cold soup so my dad doesn't yell at me about wasting food.

I want to love this game. I love the story. I love the characters and the gameplay. But damn.... I hate to say it, I don't think I'll be buying another one either. I play video games to relax, and the jerky graphics just don't allow that to happen. I hope someone can come up with a fix to at least stop the constant stutter when moving, I can deal with the other delays.

Did you not apply the 1.10 patch? Why not read some more recent replies to this thread (or actually just play the patched game) instead of only quoting an earlier and now pointless post. If you haven't heard the FPS issues with the PS4 version have been vastly improved and the game hardly ever drops below 30fps even in the swamps (and almost never below 28fps).

Last edited:

vladgiurgiubv

Did you not apply the 1.10 patch? Why not read some more recent replies to this thread (or actually just play the patched game) instead of only quoting an earlier and now pointless post. If you haven't heard the FPS issues with the PS4 version have been vastly improved and the game hardly ever drops below 30fps even in the swamps (and almost never below 28fps).

I WAS talking about patch 1.10 :) That post IS still relevant :)

Even more gamebreaking is the fact that fonts are way too small.. Makes it impossible or too frustrating too even try and play the game on the ps4. But CDpr is nicely ignoring every single comment on this from the start... Nice customer support guys...

They should give us the addon for free on ps4 for all the rediculous crap that is going on and has been going on. In any case I will never ever buy anything CDpr again..

This game is the most buggy and unfinished alpha game ever released in history. And I've been playing games for 30 years. It should never ever have been released on ps4 in the current state. Should have been withdrawn just like the batman game.

vladgiurgiubv

+1 .... played batman the arkham knight on PS4 with 30fps....compare that to witcher 3 and then you can see why everyone is so angry with witcher 3 performance!

I WAS talking about patch 1.10 :) That post IS still relevant :)

OK so what performance problems are you all still seeing? In my last 15 hours of play with patch 1.10 I haven't had a single hitch with frame rate. The only glitch I occasionally see now is Roach pausing for a split second on bridges and such.

vladgiurgiubv

Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesn't...after I die and load the game again, works like pre-patch...restart the game and it works fine...but not always....I get terrible performance in battles with ghosts...the menus hitch every time, walking fast (not running) hitches always

(and loading thats for ever and a LOT of loading screens...this doesn't feel open world at all....every switch from gameplay to cutscene promts a black screen...and sometimes a WHITE screen....??? why??? if you play in a darker room...your retina can get burned...)

Basically...it's an unpolished, rough experience which is not desireable by people that demand a better quality from "AAA" game

I just completed my 2nd playthrough on N+ Death March 1.08. Absolutely loved it. Honestly, the only performance issue that bothers me was the stutter in novigrad as I'm running through the city. Now will try the 1.10 and see how it behaves on another clean playthrough which will include Heart of Stone.

Game is super fruid now. Anyway I experience sometimes when combat start small freeze to load something. With first hit/attack there is small freeze.

Game is super fruid now. Anyway I experience sometimes when combat start small freeze to load something. With first hit/attack there is small freeze.

Yep, especially when you are fighting with several teleporting ghosts.

My impression is that game load monster audio or special effect, something related with monster. Preload of data when you are close would fix this.

Maybe they will do that with next patch:) Previously even encounter with only one ghost resulted in a minor pause. Now it is better, but there's still some room for improvement.

Top Bottom