Playstation 4 Framerate topic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pesky issue. I understand that although it doesn't affect all PS4 users, ( which is weird) it affects a lot. I sympathize, especially as I stare at my Arkham Knight game on PC.

Thanks for your feedback, it's good to know that you guys acnowledge this issue, and even know that it's as bad as the Batman game on PC.
Can you say why the game literally LOCKS the framerate at 20 sometimes? It's makes the fights much harder, and cinematics very choppy.

That is stupid, this game is not free, I paid 65€ for this shitty port, so I can complain all I want.

Everybody here paid for the game, you're not special for that. Insulting with bad words and acting like a child having a tantrum won't help matters.

Criticize but constructively and be civilized. and as @xd4nt3x well said, the lesson to learn here is quite simple; do not pre order games. Wait for trusted reviews before making a decision. Open world games are bound to run into bugs, some more and some less.

That being said, hopefully this is the patch that will fix our framerate problem. It's REALLY taking longer than we would expect.

---------- Updated at 11:35 AM ----------

This is a pesky issue. I understand that although it doesn't affect all PS4 users, ( which is weird) it affects a lot. I sympathize, especially as I stare at my Arkham Knight game on PC..

The thing is, everyone i know that has a PS4 has the same problem. So it's safe to say it's affecting everyone on that console. Some people just don't notice these things, 20fps, 30fps, it's all the same to them.

I totally agree - they have had more than enough time. I'm certain CDPR already knows whether or not the performance fixes will be included with 1.07. Their continued silence shows an extreme lack of respect at this point.

For those keeping track this is now 48 days since launch with no ETA for performance fixes.

And their previously awesome community relations is nowhere to be seen lately. For instance, why in the hell is there still a stickied post for Patch 1.03 going Live (May 26th) with no mention of any newer patches?

Exactly, it's the lack of respect that makes the customers angry and this point a bit embarassing. If the game is such an undertaking, then why take our money at launch? They could have easily delayed the console versions.

Analogy: You wouldn't pay a carpenter if he built you a house worth 75% yet he's charging 100%

I'm saving the date you mentioned (48 days) and counting. If they don't fix the fps issues without gimping the game, I really hope media gets our attention and CDRP will feel the economy of lost customers. Oh and most of us didnt pre-order the game, we went into store with full faito into the devs. Voting with your wallet is the only way to send a clear message nowdays.

I haven't played this game in well over a month. Sad but I've totally forgotten it. If I do pick it up again if they patch the performance I'll start over.

How didn`t they notice the framerate and pop in texture problems before selling the game? they sold us a unstable/unfinished shit, i realy like this game but these issues destroy the experience, I hope the next patch will fix it.

This is a pesky issue. I understand that although it doesn't affect all PS4 users, ( which is weird) it affects a lot.

Oh come on the frame rate drops affects every single PS4 user whether they know it or not. The game has been benchmarked in the swamp area and Novigrad and the PS4 version performs noticeably and consistently worse than the XBOX1 when there is night or rain or other environmental affects going on. It's not a mystery what the actual problem is here - it's just a mystery what's taking you all so long to optimize it.

Im waiting for 1.07 but i would really like if CPR allowed us to drop res to 900p. PS4 framerate is way to bad and it wont be fixed in optimization they should have known from the start gameplay>graphics.

If its not fixed in 1.07 looks like im buying an xbox one just because i value the frame rate which seems alot smoother.

If its not fixed in 1.07 looks like im buying an xbox one just because i value the frame rate which seems alot smoother.

Resist the urge my friend, don't give in just yet.. give them a little longer. I don't think 1.07 will fix the framerate though, my guess is maybe in a few patches after it. Nothing in the patch 1.07 preview notes is reassuring of a FR fix sadly but I hope I'm wrong

Resist the urge my friend, don't give in just yet.. give them a little longer. I don't think 1.07 will fix the framerate though, my guess is maybe in a few patches after it. Nothing in the patch 1.07 preview notes is reassuring of a FR fix sadly but I hope I'm wrong
Ya i guess ill wait little longer but i figured i might as well at least in rpgs i looked up DAI, Witcher 3 it seems to run smoother on xbox one where PS4 seems to dip in highly graphical area's. Seems to be happening in quite a few games since PS4 always seems to go for 1080p over framerate.

yeah sad as it is on ps4 (framerate) they managed to get xbone running good so I'll give them more time & credit. They're aware of it at least so that's a good thing, bad thing is ps4 users have to wait for how long ?

That is not actually true, for example, DLC from DAI run better on PS4, the original game run a little worse on PS4, but average 1-2 fps. Witcher 3 often it´s running 8-10 fps worse on PS4. Anyway DAI and Witcher 3 both are 900p on XBONE and 1080p on PS4.

Batman for example is 1080p in PS4 and 900p in XBONE, and PS4 version it´s running 2-3 fps better.

It is strange, those games which is marketing with Microsoft such as (DAI, Witcher 3, AS unity) often run worse on PS4.

Last edited:
That is not actually true, for example, DLC from DAI run better on PS4, the original game run a little worse on PS4, but average 1-2 fps. Witcher 3 often it´s running 8-10 fps worse on PS4. Anyway DAI and Witcher 3 both are 900p on XBONE and 1080p on PS4.

Batman for example is 1080p in PS4 and 900p in XBONE, and PS4 version it´s running 2-3 fps better.

It is strange, those games which is marketing with Microsoft such as (DAI, Witcher 3, AS unity) often run worse on PS4.
True DAI is no where near as as bad but you can tell PS4 dips where XB1 is consistent 30fps. PS4 drops to 24-26fps on ps4 no its not that bad but i would still prefer 30fp 900p or even 60fps if possible.

But ya there are a select few games of which are DAI, Witcher 3, Assassins creed unity. Battlefield hardline which all get better fps on xbox one.

Not worth buying since every other game runs better and looks better on PS4.

Last edited:
is the frame rate worse with patch v1.05?
becouse after the patch i have places in the world that are with bad frame rate, realy bad frame rate.

i uploadead the videos showing the frame rate.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImSfGmqEPXc

in the cut senes to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0UMQDJTYR4

Man the stuttering in those vids is horrendous !!! I'm still playing on 1.00 and don't get anything like that. I still get the framerate dips in Velen swamps, bogs, rain, fire etc. But those vids are prime example why I'm not updating the game just yet. Until there's solid proof & confirmation that the game is locked at 30fps I ain't touchin any update. Though patch 1.07 does look tempting ..

Well here it is guys, taken from the latest change log list for 1.07:

"Improves performance in the swamps of the No Man's Land region."

"Fixes an issue whereby the presence of fog could adversely affect game performance."

"Optimizes various FX which should result in improved performance during the Battle of Kaer Morhen quest."

"Introduces a number of optimizations that improve overall performance throughout the game."

"Improves overall game performance."

"Fixes an issue where Keira's magic bubble could adversely affect performance."

This sounds good, fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom