Playstation 4 Framerate topic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that the full changelog of the 1.07 patch has lots of performance tweeks. "
  • Introduces a number of improvements in the game streaming system. Players should experience fewer blurred textures, NPC spawn times should be markedly reduced, and there should be an overall improvement in the speed with which game assets are loaded. Streaming system improvements should be most noticeable on consoles and systems with non-SSD drives.
  • Improves performance in the swamps of the No Man’s Land region.
  • Fixes an issue whereby the presence of fog could adversely affect game performance.
  • Optimizes various FX which should result in improved performance during the Battle of Kaer Morhen quest.
  • Introduces a number of optimizations that improve overall performance throughout the game.
  • Improves overall game performance.

Seems like it's been confirmed

Here goes hoping

Attachments

• E8hTyhC.png
    E8hTyhC.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 40
I hope the performance fixes the annoying broken horse/camera stutter during walking pace on horse back. Very happy about the major fixes and add ons nonetheless.

I hope the performance fixes the annoying broken horse/camera stutter during walking pace on horse back. Very happy about the major fixes and add ons nonetheless.

Probably THE most annoying thing with roach, that split-second pause every 2-3 seconds when he slowly trots. I just make him ride faster so I don't have to see it or I just go it on foot mostly. How is it this wasn't picked up pre-release ? I mean where's the quality control in their testers for these sorts of things ?? Grrrrrr

Probably THE most annoying thing with roach, that split-second pause every 2-3 seconds when he slowly trots. I just make him ride faster so I don't have to see it or I just go it on foot mostly. How is it this wasn't picked up pre-release ? I mean where's the quality control in their testers for these sorts of things ?? Grrrrrr

That's exactly what what I was on about, I agree it's very noticeable and rather frustrating to see, I'm baffled as to why QA team didn't notice such a thing, It puts me off riding roach. I hope the do fix it, hope 1.08 addresses it and possibly give us more camera options like GTA, it would be nice to choose an over the shoulder view along with photo mode.

Last edited:
That's exactly what what I was on about, I agree it's very noticeable and rather frustrating to see, I'm baffled as to why QA team didn't notice such a thing, It puts me off riding roach. I hope the do fix it, hope 1.08 addresses it and possibly give us more camera options like GTA, it would be nice to choose an over the shoulder view along with photo mode.

Couldn't agree with you more.. WE NEED CAMERA OPTIONS !!! must I play over-burdened to get the camera over geralt's shoulder all the time ? getting back on topic.. yes we need a 30fps framerate lock for ps4, I repeat.. 30FPS FRAMERATE LOCK FOR PS4 !!! xbone has it so we should be next damn it

Everybody probably went through the full log by now. But i just saw this and it's related to our framerate problem:

• Introduces a number of improvements in the game streaming system. Players should experience fewer blurred textures, NPC spawn times should be markedly reduced, and there should be an overall improvement in the speed with which game assets are loaded. Streaming system improvements should be most noticeable on consoles and systems with non-SSD drives.
  • Improves performance in the swamps of the No Man's Land region.
  • Fixes an issue whereby the presence of fog could adversely affect game performance.
  • Optimizes various FX which should result in improved performance during the Battle of Kaer Morhen quest.
  • Introduces a number of optimizations that improve overall performance throughout the game.

Sounds good.

Maybe RS could give us two more camers options... zoom in zoom out, it sucks that some people don't like the auto sheath system that's in place, because then those two d-pad buttons could be used for better things like camer options or whatever :)

Couldn't agree with you more.. WE NEED CAMERA OPTIONS !!! must I play over-burdened to get the camera over geralt's shoulder all the time ? getting back on topic.. yes we need a 30fps framerate lock for ps4, I repeat.. 30FPS FRAMERATE LOCK FOR PS4 !!! xbone has it so we should be next damn it

Wait, what? PS4 has no vsync (adaptive or regular) or a 30fps lock? For real?

Also, just curious, when do you guys get dips? Is it in the swamp area where you meet the children and Crones? What about in Novigrad occasionally?

To me, the best is Skellige. Completely smooth experience there, which is quite surprising since it is also the best looking place in the game.

Also, just curious, when do you guys get dips? Is it in the swamp area where you meet the children and Crones? What about in Novigrad occasionally?

To me, the best is Skellige. Completely smooth experience there, which is quite surprising since it is also the best looking place in the game.

I get dips in Velen mostly in swamps around crookback bog but also where there's a lot of fire sources. When it rains it dips & anywhere/anytime it will dip for somee reason. White orchard seems ok though. Haven't got to skellige yet so I can't comment on it. Just out of curiosity.. what game version are you running ?

Personally, I cannot even say that I get any dips - the game is running constantly with 20-25fps but never hits the targeted 30fps. CD Projekt owes the PS4 customers a free DLC or something like that, they sold a totally broken game..

Personally, I cannot even say that I get any dips - the game is running constantly with 20-25fps but never hits the targeted 30fps. CD Projekt owes the PS4 customers a free DLC or something like that, they sold a totally broken game..

Cant be that bad now, can it? The reviews were glowing, and the EG Digital Foundry also gave it the thumbs up.

Cant be that bad now, can it? The reviews were glowing, and the EG Digital Foundry also gave it the thumbs up.

The game is playable, they wouldn't have released it otherwise .. but there is an inconsistent frame rate in the game especially in Velen. It will drop to 20fps or below sometimes which is undeniably noticable when playing, youtube videos show it but playing for yourself at home on a 1080p tv is where you'll truly see and notice it. It's like the game is being bottle necked & can't keep a solid 30fps lock. The ps4 should be capable of running it at a locked 30fps but the devs haven't figured it out yet, either that or some shady deals & hand shakes going on with m$ to sell more consoles ? it's a conspiracy theory but a conspiracy none the less

Last edited:
That is not true, the game usually is running to 30fps, the problem is with particles system which is dropping to 20fps. The port is shitty, but saying the game never hit 30fps is false.

"CD Projekt Red is all set for the "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" patch 1.07 release this week alongside the free DLC.

The patch 1.07 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC will more likely land on Thursday, with the alternate look for Ciri DLC that was prematurely available earlier, if the reports turn true."

Not a reliable source and it hasn't been confirmed yet but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom